New group tool needs to display loot rules

I'm not gonna participate in any PuG that has anything other than personal loot.

It would save time if the loot rules were fixed at the time of group creation, and displayed for all to see.

Yeah, I thought there was going to be a loot option field if I remember correctly, but I guess they're leaving it up to leaders to put in the comments

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Yeah, I thought there was going to be a loot option field if I remember correctly, but I guess they're leaving it up to leaders to put in the comments
    Well obviously that is a failboat that is headed quickly out to sea.

Actually what I would PREFER is that the choice for loot was ALWAYS individual, that you could either choose "what the master looter wants" or simply elect for "personal" at your own discretion, which would just reduce the size of the group for the purposes of computation of group loot.

Ideally this choice would be hidden from everyone else in the group so they couldn't kick people who didn't "get with the plan" and sign on to the corrupt master loot bogarter's waste of 2 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    Ideally this choice would be hidden from everyone else in the group so they couldn't kick people who didn't "get with the plan" and sign on to the corrupt master loot bogarter's waste of 2 hours.
    And then you could sign up for personal loot but say you didn't and get a chance at both that and the drops? Cos that wouldn't be abused in the slightest...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildeabandon View Post
    And then you could sign up for personal loot but say you didn't and get a chance at both that and the drops? Cos that wouldn't be abused in the slightest...
    It wouldn't be that hard to keep that from being abused - you can already run bosses more than once even if you've gotten loot already, you just aren't eligible for loot the 2nd+ time you do it. So if you were listed as personal loot, you just wouldn't be eligible for group loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    It wouldn't be that hard to keep that from being abused - you can already run bosses more than once even if you've gotten loot already, you just aren't eligible for loot the 2nd+ time you do it. So if you were listed as personal loot, you just wouldn't be eligible for group loot.
    Right, if you opted for personal loot you simply wouldn't be able to accept any of the group loot. Easy, mechanics to support that have been in the game since forever.