Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What are things you find irritating when at the gym

I was inspired to start this thread when i went to gym today to see this particularly Attractive lady ( not even toned, just skinny) and all she was doing is just taking pictures of herself basically wearing the bare minimum of clothes for a good hour or so, and proceeding to workout maybe every 10 min on some effortless exercise.

i mean damn i know they can waste their money all they want but it just seems a big waste of time being a show-off just because you have a skinny body and showing no effort to even work out and just take pictures!

what do you guys find irritating when working out at the gym?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they had an injury that prevented them from exercising strenuously but wanted to post that they were still at it?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Maybe they had an injury that prevented them from exercising strenuously but wanted to post that they were still at it?
    it seems a very long stretch, at best. i could be wrong but im 99% sure that wasnt the case. more of a narcisstic attractive lady trying to show off her body in skimpy clothes than actually work out.

That one old guy in the locker room that always has to come out of the shower completely exposed and stay that way for like 30 minutes 'air drying'.

10+ Year Old Account
    The asshats that sit on the machines and fucking text people. For 10+ fucking minutes. "Are you gonna actually use that machine?" "Yeah ass, I am." I usually how the conversation goes. I seriously want to uproot them and throw them out the window (our gym is on the second floor). At some point, they get up and go sit on another machine and do the same.

I seriously wonder if they know that sitting on the machine doesn't actually do anything but piss everyone else off.

Also, the fucktards that follow hot chicks around. I've noticed it a few times. Girl comes in, goes to a machine/bench, guys will flock around her. She gets done and goes to another machine, they follow. They sit there and preen themselves, trying to look all big and macho, or act like the 25 lbs on their weight set is heavy shit. Sometimes I really want to go up to the chick and point out the people that are following her, but I'd imagine she knows they are.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2014-11-09 at 05:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I also hate when they host the yoga classes in the only freaking free-room in the place and proceed to lock the door despite the fact that the room has all of the miscellaneous equipment in it's storage closet to prevent 'messing with the mojo' or some shit.

When people wear extremely heavy perfumes, in the sense that you can't breathe or start to cough your lungs up when they either walk past you, or when they're on a machine next to you. I've had to cut my exercises short several times lately because "older" women especially, can't seem to understand how horrible it is for others when they've bathed in a very heavy perfume - and they then start to sweat, which seems to amplify the stink even more. People just need to learn to use an antiperspirant roll-on, it doesn't stink up the entire locker room either.

When people just enter the gym, change clothes and go and sit by the tables (we have a setup where people can relax for a cup of coffee/tea and read a newspaper AFTER their training). And they stay there for more than 40 minutes and then play games on their phones only to actually go and get dressed again and leave. It's a waste of space, if that's all they do. I understand if people had an injury as mentioned above, but when you see the same people do this every week then it just becomes annoying and demotivating to witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The asshats that sit on the machines and fucking text people. For 10+ fucking minutes. "Are you gonna actually use that machine?" "Yeah ass, I am." I usually how the conversation goes. I seriously want to uproot them and throw them out the window (our gym is on the second floor). At some point, they get up and go sit on another machine and do the same.

I seriously wonder if they know that sitting on the machine doesn't actually do anything but piss everyone else off.

Also, the fucktards that follow hot chicks around. I've noticed it a few times. Girl comes in, goes to a machine/bench, guys will flock around her. She gets done and goes to another machine, they follow. They sit there and preen themselves, trying to look all big and macho, or act like the 25 lbs on their weight set is heavy shit. Sometimes I really want to go up to the chick and point out the people that are following her, but I'd imagine she knows they are.
    to your first point, i absolutely hate that as well. i really havent had any bad conversations yet as most tell me how much they have left and proceed to finish off (i usually stand around i think it gives them urgency to finish up).

and to your second point, ya i see that happen too...i do my fair share of looks but i wont actually fucking follow them haha. im here to workout, ill leave my picking up skills somewhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    When people wear extremely heavy perfumes, in the sense that you can't breathe or start to cough your lungs up when they either walk past you, or when they're on a machine next to you. I've had to cut my exercises short several times lately because "older" women especially, can't seem to understand how horrible it is for others when they've bathed in a very heavy perfume - and they then start to sweat, which seems to amplify the stink even more. People just need to learn to use an antiperspirant roll-on, it doesn't stink up the entire locker room either.

When people just enter the gym, change clothes and go and sit by the tables (we have a setup where people can relax for a cup of coffee/tea and read a newspaper AFTER their training). And they stay there for more than 40 minutes and then play games on their phones only to actually go and get dressed again and leave. It's a waste of space, if that's all they do. I understand if people had an injury as mentioned above, but when you see the same people do this every week then it just becomes annoying and demotivating to witness.
    omg to your first point, that actually happened to me last week where some chick was wearing this most fucking awful perfume it made me choke, i actually had to clear the area and go to other side because it was so fucking strong i was tasting it a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    I also hate when they host the yoga classes in the only freaking free-room in the place and proceed to lock the door despite the fact that the room has all of the miscellaneous equipment in it's storage closet to prevent 'messing with the mojo' or some shit.
    the one thing i dont like that people to do, as well (Geez there's a lot of them now haha) is when someone brings the barbells that are meant to stay on the first floor, and bring it to the second floor yoga room and dont even proceed to bring it down!

and another thing is when people don't re-rack their weights and just leave them in obscure places...uggggg.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    and another thing is when people don't re-rack their weights and just leave them in obscure places...uggggg.
    I have a theory about this, and my trainers seem to agree..

Maybe they didn't have the strength to lift them one last time to put it back. HEHE

Deleted
    Actually earlier this week I had two kids sitting on the opposite side of a bench, doing concentration curls with not heavy weights at all (maybe 6kg) just swinging them up and down, not even completing full range of motion. People that try to do strength training without any clue what they're doing pisses me off almost as much as the machos :P They were my age, too, makes it even more embarassing. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
    Actually earlier this week I had two kids sitting on the opposite side of a bench, doing concentration curls with not heavy weights at all (maybe 6kg) just swinging them up and down, not even completing full range of motion. People that try to do strength training without any clue what they're doing pisses me off almost as much as the machos :P They were my age, too, makes it even more embarassing. <_<
    you could show them, trainers are expensive (my parents constantly reminded me of that in highschool) so sometimes people have to learn on their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not wiping down the equipment after use. I really don't want to sit down in your ass puddle.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that hate women just because they are attractive.
    You're a towel.

Other males

10+ Year Old Account
    people who try to start a conversation with me. Are you done? or something to that effect is fine. But I think it's pretty funny people go to the gym to socialize.

15+ Year Old Account
    Other people, that's why I work out at home

People who curl in the squat rack.

Deleted
    Interrupters - People who start talking to you mid set. These are the kind of people that have no understanding for others and just focus on themselves.
    Walkers - I stopped one of these today, these guys do not know what to do so they walk around zig-zagging in between people and machines while they are working. Today I saw one of these walkers bring a guy out of balance while he was doing heavy dumbbell chest press. Little fucker got chewed out and I hope he learned his lesson.
    Stalkers - These are very common in my gym, these guys follow newbies around and do the same exercise they do but with loads of more weight. AKA "Low self esteem douche bags"
    Hoarders - I doubt this one needs an explanation.
    The oversensitive one - These are most commonly women, but these come into the gym and think everyone is focused on them and make themselves unconformable. Guys who have this complex grow out of it really fast, after 3 months or so of going to the gym. But women tend to stay in that mindset longer and all they do is make it harder for themselves. (this one doesn't really irritate me, just makes me feel sad for them)

I could go on forever with irritations and stuff, I tend to do heavy compound lifts and take good breaks in between sets to accommodate the exercises. So I spend some time just looking around the gym. I used to walk up to people and give pointers if they were really messing things up but I stopped doing that because it would just scare away the "sensitive ones" and I do believe that everyone should be comfortable while going to the gym and just enjoy themselves. Bah, if only the whole world was well fed, fit and healthy.

People that walk on treadmills when the treadmills are all full. Go pace around a mall, people are trying to get actual workouts in. My other treadmill pet peeve (although there's no actual negative effect of this one) is meathead idiots that go hard (even though they're actually pretty slow) for 5 minutes and exhaust themselves on the basis that they're "doing HIIT". No, you just have a shitty cardiovascular system.

Quote Originally Posted by grosbouba View Post
    People who curl in the squat rack.
    People who squat in my curl rack.