Need to Build a Media PC

Okay so I need to build something small that I can stick on the back of my TV and watch videos off of - Not Netflix, not youtube, not amazon. I mean like free videos online like these:

www . naruget . com / watch / 1234 - naruto - shippuden - episode - 381
    www . gogoanime. com/ avatar- the- legend-of -korra -episode -12
    putlocker .is/ watch- harry- potter- and- the- sorcerers- stone- online- free- putlocker. html
    [No Spaces, I had to do it cuz it wouldn't let me post a video link q.q] Etc, Etc.

So my question is can the Raspberry Pi/Roku 3/Apple TV play these kinda videos? or do I need to build a computer? (If I do build a computer I have to get all the parts from NCIX because I get get cheap assembly without me screwing anything up and + I can't go through the trouble of ordering online etc...)

I live in Canada & My budget will have to be around or under $180 if thats possible
    All builds + Help would be much appreciated Thank you all so much!

15+ Year Old Account
    Raspberry Pi might could do it. You could just get a long hdmi cable and connect it to your computer. Or grab a chromecast. I am not sure if a Roku can do it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Chromecast is probably the best way assuming your computer is in the same room as the tv or you have a mobile device with android/ios.

I don't want to use my computer... I never said I wanted to use my computer. The whole point of me doing this was so I can watch anime on my TV and not be using my computer... If I just wanted to Mirror then theres so many ways to do that... And I'm 98% Sure chrome cast does not play these kinda videos from what I've seen its just a mirroring tool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny115 View Post
    Okay so I need to build something small that I can stick on the back of my TV and watch videos off of - Not Netflix, not youtube, not amazon. I mean like free videos online like these:

www . naruget . com / watch / 1234 - naruto - shippuden - episode - 381
    www . gogoanime. com/ avatar- the- legend-of -korra -episode -12
    putlocker .is/ watch- harry- potter- and- the- sorcerers- stone- online- free- putlocker. html
    [No Spaces, I had to do it cuz it wouldn't let me post a video link q.q] Etc, Etc.

So my question is can the Raspberry Pi/Roku 3/Apple TV play these kinda videos? or do I need to build a computer? (If I do build a computer I have to get all the parts from NCIX because I get get cheap assembly without me screwing anything up and + I can't go through the trouble of ordering online etc...)

I live in Canada & My budget will have to be around or under $180 if thats possible
    All builds + Help would be much appreciated Thank you all so much!
    I have a roku3, and best I can tell, it can't stream/watch things from a browser. I believe it can play things from external storage though. (Otherwise, roku has its own app set that they call "channels" for things it can do, which include the 3 you mentioned NOT to get videos off of)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny115 View Post
    I don't want to use my computer... I never said I wanted to use my computer. The whole point of me doing this was so I can watch anime on my TV and not be using my computer... If I just wanted to Mirror then theres so many ways to do that... And I'm 98% Sure chrome cast does not play these kinda videos from what I've seen its just a mirroring tool
    Chromecast allows you to play any online video, if you navigate to a site such as Narutoget on a mobile device you can then tell it to play via Chromecast. It's important to note you're not mirroring you're just telling the Chromecast to play this video from the website itself.

Does that help?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Raspberry pi will almost certainly not be able to play video on those sites unless they happen to be (480p or less) or unless someone writes plug-in(s) for xbmc/kodi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Raspberry Pi owner I can tell you a few things, cause I use it as a XBMC player that streams videos off my HTPC. It's rather outdated and slow the Pi, and you need to pay for codecs in order to use the built in h264 and MPEG2 decoders. Plus you need a charger and a SD card, so the price goes up rather quickly. But the good things about the Pi is the community. There's no lack of help there. But keep in mind the Pi uses a rather old ARM CPU that most linux distros don't support.

But you do have other better choices.

Androset Mini MK802
    A10-OLINUXINO-LIME Arduino Debian Linux Computer
    Elecs TV01 Android 4.0 Amlogic 8726-M3

Also don't forget the infamous OUYA. Though a console failure, don't forget it's got everything you need for media playback, and it has a Tegra 3. It does make for a great console emulator like SNES, N64, PSX, and etc if you're into that sort of thing, and the gamepads double as a remote.

This is what I was looking for - Cheap & Small and able to play videos:

Asus Chromebox PC (Intel Celeron 2955U / 16GB SSD / 2GB RAM / Intel HD Graphics)
    IBM Desktop PC (Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 / 80GB HDD / 2GB RAM / Windows 7)

Thanks anyway for your help

I was actually also going to suggest the Androset Mini, I was actually eyeballing that before I was able to get my hands on a mac mini which I converted into a HTPC and it ended up being moot.

I actually also looked into build a mini ITX system that was about the same form factor as a mac mini, as I recall the final price ended up being about 400 not including the OS or the HDMI cable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmatthias View Post
    I was actually also going to suggest the Androset Mini, I was actually eyeballing that before I was able to get my hands on a mac mini which I converted into a HTPC and it ended up being moot.

I actually also looked into build a mini ITX system that was about the same form factor as a mac mini, as I recall the final price ended up being about 400 not including the OS or the HDMI cable.
    I am actually thinking about picking it up for my mom. Right now she uses a PS3 to watch Netflix but it is loud and she does not know hoe to work it, so I am trying to get something I can replace it for her.