Poll: Should they add it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

So..i've noticed you like gul'dan's gear?

Deleted
    Warlock Mythic T7 is Gul'dans armour, just without the skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    Warlock Mythic T7 is Gul'dans armour, just without the skulls.
    Did you even watch the video? It looks nothing alike. Yes it shares his name but that is all.

Would love to see the new gear shown in the video as a transmog set.

10+ Year Old Account
    His staff sticks out like a sore thumb :P (not saying that it's a bad thing)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    His staff sticks out like a sore thumb :P (not saying that it's a bad thing)
    Haha yeah, forget the staff then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonofhyjal View Post
    Did you even watch the video? It looks nothing alike. Yes it shares his name but that is all.

Not exactly "just" a name. The shoulders armor is exactly the same. The spikes and skulls are there, just a bit different. The robe texture is different but in the same style. Looks more like a brand new version of the robe while Gul'dan is simply in rugs. The belt is identical. Only harsh difference is the head piece, but there are definitely enough hoods in the game, you'll find something fitting.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-10-15 at 08:48 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post

Not exactly "just" a name. The shoulders armor is exactly the same. The spikes and skulls are there, just a bit different. The robe texture is different but in the same style. Looks more like a brand new version of the robe while Gul'dan is simply in rugs. Only harsh difference is the head piece, but there are definitely enough hoods in the game, you'll find something fitting.
    Yeah it's close but he doesn't even wear a robe in his new model. It's a skirt with a trench coat looking thing. Not to mention all the textures are completely different. I mean, even if they add his new set at the very end of the expansion I'd still be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

T17 is very close as I said before, but they really should just go for a full replica.

- - - Updated - - -

Overall Gul'dan is much more basic then the t17 set depicts. Also t17 looks way to much like the older tier set we had back in WotLK.

I'm not really feeling Gul'dan with this set. Yes, you have a point, the belt and the shoulders are exact replicas. However, Gul'dan wears, as Leonofhyjal pointed out, a very simplistic, open trench coat revealing his chest, and a skirt. He also has very little as to hand and footwear. I see, on this model, a highly complex robe, hand and footwear that does not match Gul'dan's set at all, and as you pointed out, a helm that also does not match. When I see this set, I don't think Gul'dan - In fact, I don't even think warlock. I'd love to see something that matches at least a little better to Gul'dan's set.

I voted no, imho lore characters should stay unique. Its like if every dk would be able to get LK armor... its just wrong, ofc its only my humble opinion
    My mind has left, my body follows

I disagree with the statement that lore characters should stay unique. I have taken a little time to think about the transmogs available in WoW currently. I have put together a list of characters that have gear sets either influenced by or exact replicas of both major lore characters and bosses.

Major Lore Characters
    Thassarian
    Uther Lightbringer
    Teron'gor, Teron Gorefiend

Additional side lore characters and bosses
    Aedric the Pure
    Warmaster Blackhorn
    Kor'Kron Dark Shaman

There are also numerous characters that I did not mention that you can get an exact replica for. I didn't bother adding them as they are basic transmogs to be fair, but they are there exact replicas. Even as we speak, they are adding pieces for more lore characters. Garrosh, for example drops an exact replica of his shoulders. I don't see a full replica or even a close replica inspired by the lore character as a "taboo" or something that should be viewed as 'wrong' especially given all of these cases that I just posted above.

I still wish that t17 set also had a hood in the same style as Gul'dan's. But in hood+current mask combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I still wish that t17 set also had a hood in the same style as Gul'dan's. But in hood+current mask combo.
    All the yes. The hood/mask would be cool, but for a different set. Still wouldn't be like Gul'dan.