Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weird Al does a better version, and it's also funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    How is this in any way, shape, or form a breakthrough in the music industry??

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely thought there was a breakthrough. It's just some random person 'singing' some shit song. Is this even considered music?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Eh, I think the music industry of today is mostly shit. There's six credited writers for that godawful song.
    Am i the only one who does actually think that the music industry haven't change that much (yeah there are shitty music, but there were also many shitty music in the past, the problem is... that shitty music are going to be forgotten with time so now when we check 80s music, we only heard the good ones -or the extremely popular ones- )

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    My threads always get trolled...
    I am afraid this is another "not sure if serious" moment. I am still befuddled, WHAT is the breakthrough? No one here is trolling, except maybe you. Seriously are you from some parallel universe where they discovered microphones last week? Then it would be moderately impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Am i the only one who does actually think that the music industry haven't change that much (yeah there are shitty music, but there were also many shitty music in the past, the problem is... that shitty music are going to be forgotten with time so now when we check 80s music, we only heard the good ones -or the extremely popular ones- )
    You are completely correct people have been making shit pop songs for a LONG time.
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2014-10-16 at 01:40 PM.

Yeah, I think maybe you are using a term with a lot of weight for a pretty mundane thing.

I'm not even sure what would constitute a "breakthrough" in music, but this isn't it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    This is provably wrong, because if some mainstream music wasn't good it wouldn't be mainstream. Nobody would ever listen to it, it would make no money, and therefore not exist. But it does, and it's popular, because it's good. Pretty idiotic to say otherwise.
    Brilliant logic! Just as heroin and meth and crack must obviously be good since so many people love it! Hitler must have been an amazingly good person because so many people liked and followed him! The old mindless drone logic of "it is popular so it is good" is ridiculous in many cases. People like bad/and or terrible things because they are idiots and too stupid to think for themselves. There is no redeeming quality to most any mainstream music from like the last 15 or so years...in a year, even less, who the hell is going to pop on an old record by Iggy Azalea or Beiber or kesha or whatever dipshit is popular? Who do you know puts on old Brittney Spears albums from years ago who were a big fan of her? When do you ever hear fans of mainstream rap really playing anything even slightly older by popular artists? Today's "music" is beyond a joke, because it is purely disposable music. It's just "lets have our team of writers rub 3 brain cells together and write a song that will be popular on the radio or whatever for a few months" and the only time you'll ever hear that song again a year from now is if your retard girlfriend is drunk and pops the song up on youtube to sing a long with for a minute someday.

Deleted
    Didn't you guys know, singing a song is now considered a breakthrough !

10+ Year Old Account
    is it just me or is anyone else having trouble seeing the major breakthrough lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    the problem is... that shitty music are going to be forgotten with time
    I dunno, The Beatles are still pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I am afraid this is another "not sure if serious" moment. I am still befuddled, WHAT is the breakthrough? No one here is trolling, except maybe you. Seriously are you from some parallel universe where they discovered microphones last week? Then it would be moderately impressive.
    I'm seriously offended that would go through my post history and dig up something from the Starcraft 2 Megathread. That is my sovereign territory and I don't think that it was nice of you to make me feel vulnerable and powerless as I do right now.

I'm sorry if there was already a thread made about this but on 10/8/14, Charli XCX did the entirety of Fancy without Iggy Azalea and it was amazing. Much praise has been given to how well she delivered the Australian rapper's lines in a song she was only featured in as a hook.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ster-hall-2014

How do you think this will affect the modern music industry? How do you personally feel about this shift in the industry and what it bodes for the future?
    If you are bothered by the fact that no one here thinks you are being serious, or are trying to troll, or just thinks you are plain crazy, then please, why don't you just explain yourself. What do you think is a major breakthrough, and answer your own questions - how do you think this affects the music industry and what do you think this shift in the industry is? If you explain yourself, and can at least justify your thoughts about this, whether anyone agrees with you or not, we at least might stop thinking you are just trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

I'm seriously offended that would go through my post history and dig up something from the Starcraft 2 Megathread. That is my sovereign territory and I don't think that it was nice of you to make me feel vulnerable and powerless as I do right now.
    Yeah I am sure you are

Just a coincidence, you are not that important.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Yeah I am sure you are

Just a coincidence, you are not that important.
    yeah but Charli XCX is

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    That title better be sarcasm...
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    — Winston Churchill