Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Actually the worst thing for homosexuals is the SJW.
    All male homosexuals are misogynists afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddySWE View Post
    The problem with mirrors edge was that the game wasnt playable for female players in terms of controlling with the joypad and also the fewest of all women can jump around and parcour like fate can...
    So now women are apparently worse at playing games? And of course men never perform unrealistic feats of agility either.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    please close this thread
    Some Goon came up in here to start shit posting Literal Anita agenda stuff. It's argued with you all using ONLY that. and the intent is let you all argue till you forget it seeded all this with Anita arguments. It's glorious in how depraved it is.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    yeah they are so disgusted by women that they became attracted to their own gender

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    It's still the patriarchy that makes you feel like you have to have a rippling 6 pack and a penchant for ultraviolence, and feminists are fighting to break it down, and that includes breaking down the stereotypes inflicted on men, but men need to have their own voice. They need to be able to speak about their own issues without women weighing in on them all, or you're going to end up with the exact same problem in reverse. It's why men's rights movements are important, I believe. You have to allow men to speak on these things themselves and have their own voice.
    That's the point, though. It doesn't 'make' me feel things like that. I can tell the difference between make-believe and reality. I don't need my video game characters to all look like Kevin James to feel 'fulfilled' or to have someone to 'identify' with.

This man's voice is speaking up to say, "Why do you assume that women (or men), in general, are incapable of parsing pop culture into 'real' and 'make believe'?"

It does. That's the point. And do you want women speaking for you on these issues? Or do you want to have your own voice and speak about your own concerns with this kind of system? It's the same system that expects men to look like kratos as that expects women to look like supermodels. But unless you want the same problem in reverse, men need to speak about these things themselves, instead of just pretending like it isn't an issue and shitting on women who do speak about it from a female perspective.
    No one with the tiniest bit of sense expects either of these things. We shit on people who do speak on these issues from a female perspective because they are voicing concerns that stereotype women as weak-willed or lacking the intelligence to realize the difference between fiction and reality.

We're all far better off choosing what we expose our children to, teaching them the difference between reality and fiction, and teaching them that there are shitbirds everywhere, and you can't let them run your life.

Lastly, most media is aspirational. Nobody would watch the NBA if I was a starter- why do we expect people to consume media that primarily shows 'real' people doing 'real' things? Even when people are 'real' (say, a Kevin Smith movie) we give them dialogue that would never occur in real life. Is Kevin Smith to be stopped because he makes people that don't talk in witty monologues feel insecure?
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    noooo, it´s the system that expects a god fighting character to look like this, it´s a game, not a role model

if you think society wants you to look like that then damn your parents did a bad job
    Yes and no.

This is where I think the system sort of splits and there tends to be more pressure on women than men, though I do think it's sort of evening out now (men are getting pressured more and more) but it's like, if you take a game like gears of war in a vacuum, and say like, okay so this is a super buff manly supersoldier who has rippling biceps and so on and like, on it's own, no, obviously it's not trying to say that all dudes should look like that.

But what if every single man you ever see in every movie, advert, TV show, music video, book, videogame, etc etc EVER were all like gears of war guy. You could be forgivern for thinking "yeah so this is like, what men look like. I don't look like that, I must be a rubbish man"

There's a lot of the like, big rippling muscles buff dudes around, but there are also a lot of other kinds of guys, people like The Doctor from Doctor Who is a good example, where there are different kinds of guys. With women, there are... less options. There are some of course and you can always build a list of examples but it tends to be harder to find examples of women who are shown as capable and competant and like "good" and "desireable" etc who don't fit the stereotype etc. Also, guys generally don't get the same focus on apperance that women do. For example, there was that story the other day about a bunch of astronaughts from russia, I believe, and like, it was like the first russian woman on the ISS or something, and a bunch of dudes and they were asking questions of all of the astronaughts, but the ones to the woman were about things like her makeup and her hair etc and how she was going to do that on the ISS, and she was like "why don't you ask these questions about the guy's hair?" etc. Guys have other pressures of course, but when it comes to appearance etc there are more focuses on women than men really.

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    All homosexual men are MRA's too.. LOL
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    Some Goon came up in here to start shit posting Literal Anita agenda stuff. It's argued with you all using ONLY that. and the intent is let you all argue till you forget it seeded all this with Anita arguments. It's glorious in how depraved it is.
    Yeah I think they are asleep, this is going to get closed pretty soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    Kind of like you and your perilous quest for Grammar, right?
    i am not on a quest for grammar. i am on a quest for you to properly answer my question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Yeah I think they are asleep, this is going to get closed pretty soon.
    we should get a nighttime moderator.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

the problem comes when someone cares and wants to change stuff, and someone who doesn't care tries to shut them up with threats of violence because they like things the way they are.
    How does someone that doesn't care act in caring ways?
    Why is 'changing stuff' a valid argument anyway?. Some -most- changes are pointless. If you demonstrate change is needed, go for it, in the meanwhile, change is not needed. And if people want a different industry, they need to build it themselves, not change the current structures. If you like indie devs that explore gender in games or w/e, go support them :]. If that product is better, it'll be bought. Demanding the current industry to change is not constructive criticism in the slightest, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    we should get a nighttime moderator.
    Or a couple based in europe, its currently 2pm here.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i am not on a quest for grammar. i am on a quest for you to properly answer my question.
    Stop fighting. W e are having a friendly, rational discussion about gender equality right now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad that doesn't happen to males at all.
    What a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this thread has gone on long enough.

And please don't frame threads in such a biased way in the future. If you feel like this is tied to GamerGate, bring it up in the appropriate thread.