Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Demo one shotting people...

So who else is having fun one shotting people or the entire team in skirms as demo? I know at lvl 100 it wont be like this but good lord for the time being this is just amazing!!! Ill be putting aff on the shelf until 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    So who else is having fun one shotting people or the entire team in skirms as demo? I know at lvl 100 it wont be like this but good lord for the time being this is just amazing!!! Ill be putting aff on the shelf until 100.
    At Level 100 it is similar to this, I was killing people with Demonbolt while they were inside a Mortal Coil.

Well thats amazing!! Looks like im going to get in glad range right away than sit! haha

What's one-shotting people that isn't Demonbolt?
    Because at level 100 Soul Fires hit for 15k with all CDs up...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thats amazing!! Looks like im going to get in glad range right away than sit! haha
    Heh, Demonbolt is supa strong atm and I don't expect it to stay that way. It already in PvE is doing 280k at max with procs / buffs, as well as in that shit PvP gear with no solid stat trinkets. It scales off of 412.5% of your Spell Power, so pooling the 800 Fury, then popping one DB, Mortal Coil and fire off the other 3 the person should be dead before the 3rd one tbh, especially with Doom, Corr, and HoG on them.

Oh i was just chaos waving people to death last night... Did they change the name of chaos wave to demon bolt? Or am i not using an ability as demo?! LOL

Demonbolt is a level 100 ability

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh i was just chaos waving people to death last night... Did they change the name of chaos wave to demon bolt? Or am i not using an ability as demo?! LOL

Demonbolt is the Level 100 talent for Demo, hits like a truck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaos Wave hits pretty hard and it's instant AoE too. Have fun for a month, bruddahs

Nice that warlocks are doing ok for once. I just hope they can patch in another cool ability like gateway before the season starts.

Does no one remember destruction in the Cataclysm pre-patch? It was nerfed to the ground after 2-3 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love reading these posts, especially after reminiscing about Retribution Paladins going apeshit in 4.0 with Divine Storm in Alterac Valley.

The situation is this: Demonbolt as a lvl100 ability is a long freaking cast. If anyone can't interrupt that cast with silences/stuns, or gap closers in respectable PVP combat, they shouldn't be PVPing at all.

I'm looking forward to the melee QQ about Demonbolt in WoD, when infact there wouldn't be any QQ if they were planning ahead, looking at warlock casting bars, and playing their specs and attuning the situation appropriately.

Will that stop Blizzard from nerfing it into the ground? Nope, probably not. So afterwards Demo warlocks will have to re-attune their playstyles with something else like we've been doing for the past several patch cycles.

Sorry if that comes off as prudish, and this is probably the wrong forum to post this, however I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. As a long time warlock, nerf posts always catch my attention.
    Last edited by sysTERROR; 2014-10-15 at 03:11 PM.
    I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If Chaos Wave was going to be nerfed, I'd rather see it get the same treatment as that mage talent got yesterday.
    Less % damage against PLAYERS.

I love how it's usefull once again, because in 5.4 it was so trash =/

Deleted
    Demonbolt is a 2 sec baseline cast, no? That's the same as Incinerate, far from as easy to interrupt as Chaos Bolt is.

@Serpent

Server responsiveness improved interrupts by 20x.
    Not kidding, it's 20x more efficient.

Have a feeling DB will see a CB type pvp nerf. Enjoy it while it lasts on beta lol. The line of QQ is building up im sure!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should've paraphrased my post more: Yeah, it's more efficient. I was thinking in terms of hypothetical situations such as: A Warlock getting gripped into melee, none of them interrupt Demonbolt (2s cast in melee range is an eternity), Demonbolt gets off, 1 shots x melee. Melee logs off in frustration, starts new QQ thread in the WoW forums.
    I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    Nice that warlocks are doing ok for once. I just hope they can patch in another cool ability like gateway before the season starts.
    good joke
    i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz \ EVGA GTX 1080 FTW \ MSI z170a Carbon \ corsair hx 850 mod \ 16gb savage 2666 \ 4tb raid 1 wd black \ 256gb 600p m.2pcie
    HakudoshiFarsaj

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
    Demonbolt is a 2 sec baseline cast, no? That's the same as Incinerate, far from as easy to interrupt as Chaos Bolt is.
    Yeah, it's like 1.8s for me on beta with like 700 Haste. It should see a nerf in PvP, it hits and scales ridiculous, but no Warlock is complaining... come on it's a CB in Metamorphosis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdjames View Post
    Nice that warlocks are doing ok for once.
    that`s rich