Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you drink straight from the bottle?

I drink straight from 2L bottles of coke.
    I drink straight from beer bottles.
    I drink straight from a whine bottle (if im the only one drinking and the situation allows it)

I hate putting in a glass. Aint anyone got time for that right? Unless your in a restaurant or ur drinking a special beer or drink.
    Also, i HATE the coca cola glass bottles for some reason. Cant drink from those. What about you?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-10-15 at 05:37 PM.

I usually drink individual sized things so...yes. Or plastic cup if that isn't possible.

Deleted
    Sometimes, when I am the only one drinking from the bottle anyway. Usually not, though, and of course not if there is the chance that anyone else will drink from it too.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-10-15 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted
    Always when beer. Got no time to get a glass for that one.

Deleted
    How is drinking from a 2L bottle less hassle then putting it in a glass? A bottle that big requires you pay attention to what you are doing, and i imagine for most people would require 2 hands, to not mess up.

If i'm next to the fridge and just want a sip, sure i'll drink from a 1.5-2L bottle/carton, but at my pc it seems counterproductive.
    At couch or in bed i typically use 0.5L bottles to avoid having to reach, firstworldproblems and all.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2014-10-15 at 05:43 PM.

I'm too barbaric for tools.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Straight from the beer bottle? Sure.
    Straight from the 2L soda or soda in fancy glass bottles? Blasphemy.

Seriously though, I really don't know why there's a difference, but for me, there just kinda is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    How is drinking from a 2L bottle less hassle then putting it in a glass? A bottle that big requires you pay attention to what you are doing, and i imagine for most people would require 2 hands, to not mess up.
    Hah 2 hands. My hands are pretty big. Also the bottle is dented in the middle around for easy grip.
    Kinda like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless i need to share the contents of the bottle with someone, yes i screw getting a cup from the kitchen.

Deleted
    Yeah, I've switched to drinking from glasses nowadays, since I like to keep my drinks cooled (over 1 litre volume).

If it's just a basic tin can of Long Drink or what have you, there's no need to use a glass, just sip it straight from the container.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF is wrong with our place here? Why - all of a sudden - the obsession about what we use to drink? If it's ceramic, why? If not, are you drinking out of a bottle?

LOL it's getting really really grotesque and the childish aspect nears ever closer to pre-school level.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    WTF is wrong with our place here? Why - all of a sudden - the obsession about what we use to drink? If it's ceramic, why? If not, are you drinking out of a bottle?

LOL it's getting really really grotesque and the childish aspect nears ever closer to pre-school level.
    Thank you for your opinion of the matter. It was enlightening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Hah 2 hands. My hands are pretty big. Also the bottle is dented in the middle around for easy grip.
    Kinda like this.
    But those bottles are cheapskate brand made of super thin plastic! How do you deal with squeezing the bottle to get enough grip. And how do you deal with the shiifting center of gravity of the bottle as you tilt it? And then, how do you combine all of that with the big slosh of liquid that happens if you tilt it to fast!?

Are you a wizard?

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends.. If I'm at a table and there's glasses available I'll use a glass. If I'm going somewhere there's no glasses available I just wont bring large bottles of soda or any wine.

Wine from the bottle.. You animals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    But those bottles are cheapskate brand made of super thin plastic! How do you deal with squeezing the bottle to get enough grip. And how do you deal with the shiifting center of gravity of the bottle as you tilt it? And then, how do you combine all of that with the big slosh of liquid that happens if you tilt it to fast!?

Are you a wizard?
    Just dont be a scrowny basement dweller is my guess. Even my GF can drink from it, though she has a little more trouble with it. The plastic isnt any different from a normal A brand bottle.

Deleted
    Not from 1.5L or bigger, then I use a glass.

I live alone so I drink straight from the container when ever possible.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Deleted
    a small >500ml bottle i will, but something like a 2l bottle of coke, no. im not a savage.

I just carry a gallon jug of water to work and have one sitting on my computer desk, drink straight from it /shrug
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Kinda like this.

The 2 liter bottles around here look like this:

While my hands are big enough, many people would have to use both hands. Certainly it's not comfortable drinking even for me.

I'll drink 1l and smaller sodas from the bottle, cider from the bottle most of the time, but I don't drink wine or gin from the bottle, nor 2L sodas.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!