10+ Year Old Account

Shield slam damage at lower levels

At 64 my shield slam deals 100-150 damage

Wth this got to be a bug right?

Yeah it's a joke. I went from 5-6k SS crits to around 300 crits on my lvl 53 warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/156...14#stat_squish

Do people just choose to be ignorant, or what?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post

Doesn't matter. It got "relatively" murdered too. It went from doing about 3x the damage of devastate to about 50% on my 81 warrior. This is different than a squish change in damage. It got wrecked. Do some research before being so sure of yourself or just don't post. At the moment, it's quite literally useless pre 90.

I think they just really dont want tanks doing damage. In Beta, you couldnt even quest as a tank spec because you just do no damage and arent even that much tankier than dps specs. Hopefully they will change their minds because tank leveling is by far my favorite way to level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play Arms. I have no idea how many times I need to repeat myself on this issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Play Arms. I have no idea how many times I need to repeat myself on this issue.
    To tank with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    To tank with?
    Op was only talking about damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't even tank. Fuck that shit. Play Arms because questing is 100x faster than spamming dungeons as a tank.

I seriously have no idea why people even do dungeons to level. They're completely worthless. Tanking is such a dumb role anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Erm, yeah, because even when tanking, an ability being nerfed into uselessness isnt fun... It hits for less than your spam filler...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethers656 View Post
    I think they just really dont want tanks doing damage. In Beta, you couldnt even quest as a tank spec because you just do no damage and arent even that much tankier than dps specs. Hopefully they will change their minds because tank leveling is by far my favorite way to level.
    I leveled from 90 to 100 in tank spec with ease. Like, a huge amount of ease. I was doing great damage. And even more so when I reached 100 and went gladiator spec and dps'd, I was one of the top DPS in scaled gear

OT - I agree, it used to be an amazing ability, now it's pretty doodoo. Revenge seems to be a high hitter now.
    Last edited by Brannax; 2014-10-16 at 05:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplifire_
    Trade chat on my server is acting out the end of Revenge of the Sith but with Arthas. "From my point of view the paladins are evil!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Presumed he was tanking down to using shield slam, which i agree hits like a wet kipper now.

Undoubtedly low levels got rebalanced a lot due to various changes in the patch.

I haven't played my warrior since the squish but... isn't the purpose of SS to build rage anyway? Its damage is just icing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

About time low level shield slam got nerfed, was sick getting one shotted by it

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post

It's not ignorance, the damage of Shield Slam at low levels is absolutely tiny now relative to other abilities and it has been a bug/issue on the Beta for months. I have a level 70 twink and copied it to the beta for testing. I noticed that Shield Slam is so weak that you pretty much want to avoid using it at all, previously it was the hardest hitting attack, now it is the weakest hitting attack.

Perhaps you're the one who is ignorant?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Undoubtedly low levels got rebalanced a lot due to various changes in the patch.

I haven't played my warrior since the squish but... isn't the purpose of SS to build rage anyway? Its damage is just icing.
    Build rage for what though? Devastate and Revenge are free and Unyielding Strikes makes Heroic Strike extremely cheap/free.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-10-16 at 11:33 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by sethers656 View Post
    This was not my experience. I leveled to 100 twice as prot war and had no issues. Just pull a pile of mobs and Revenge/TC them down. Most single mobs died in 2-4 GCDs. My ilvl was 588 starting out so that might have helped.

I forget when and what exactly they did, but at some point they buffed tanks questing abilities during beta. (90-100)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Shield slam formula is (Attack power * 0.36) or 36% of attack power in other words.
    It's crappy damage now and it won't get any better at higher levels. Only use it for rage generation when needed, nothing else.

For comparison Revenge is 300% of attack power.