Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    My mothers job told her that everyone in the building must get a flu vaccine by Nov. 1 or they'll have to wear a mask until May 31 (I believe that is the end day). She works with a lot of elderly, so I can understand it.
    But having to get 6 vaccinations? Is that because you never got the MMR or ANY vaccinations when you were younger?
    She should come in with a respirator mask.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tileyfa View Post
    I'm guessing you're getting a flu shot and some of the more optional vaccines? As a medical receptionist, you'll be around children, pregnant women, the elderly & people with weakened immune systems, so you're more getting vaccinated for their safety, remember, while it just annoys you, the flu can kill old people.
    Also, if you are working near patients, you will soon learn to begin washing your hands constantly. If not, you will be getting ill left and right. Sick people touch things, you touch the same things, the sick spreads. One of my EXes was a nurse and she developed an almost obsessive compulsive need to wash her hands like 10 times a day. Always had to keep lotion bottles stashed at home and in the car and shit because she washed her hands so much that she developed very dry skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who let Jenny Mcarthy in here?

Just ask to not get them all at once. My wife to get about 3 injections (They were only booster shots) at one time, and was seriously ill for a couple days. If you can do one vaccine every couple days until all 6 are done, might make sure you don't feel sick. Otherwise, I think you should get the vaccine. You might come in contact with someone who has the disease and this could prevent you from getting it.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Just ask to not get them all at once. My wife to get about 3 injections (They were only booster shots) at one time, and was seriously ill for a couple days. If you can do one vaccine every couple days until all 6 are done, might make sure you don't feel sick. Otherwise, I think you should get the vaccine. You might come in contact with someone who has the disease and this could prevent you from getting it.
    I don't think that had anything to do with the shots. Chances are she already had the virus in her, you wouldn't get it from a vaccination. I got the flu shot last year and got the flu two weeks later, had nothing to do with the shot.

OT, I would take the job if I were you. Then again if you're that against vaccinations maybe working in the medical field isn't for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since most of the posts in here are just insulting the OP, I think there is little hope this thread is going to result in any kind of useful discussion. Closing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |