Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaylen View Post
    Djackoff,

Let me give you a bulleted response:

1) The competition should not be suspect as they were a guild group. I was the pug in the group and they were 8/14heroic prior to the patch (please show us your epeen and throw some stones at that progress).
    2) I picked the Protectors fight because I was responding to the person who referenced THE PROTECTORS FIGHT.
    3) I WAS IN A GUILD GROUP. I WAS THE PUG.

Don't bring your negative sarcastic laden comments in here. I was attempting to show the OP that shadow priests can still be in the top five for that fight and was being sincere and helpful. Your response is neither sincere, helpful, OR appreciated.
    Your post is so clueless, I don't even know where to start.

1) First of all you start your post with name calling your discussion partner based on their nickname. Useless, and low. You do that to your buddies in the pub, not to random strangers.

2) As already mentioned, 8/14H prior to the patch isn't impressive; if anything, it says something about the level you're at or the low level you're playing with. I know bloody clickers who got more than 8/14H before pre-patch...

3) Execution time matters. Execution of boss fight matters (there isn't one way of doing Protectors). I did high dmg on Protectors last week because our execution time was good due to 20 players having ~588 ilvl, and because we transition all at once.

4) Competition is almost always suspect. The only fight it isn't, is Juggernaut. Padding and AoE matters. If you are, say, stacking warriors with Bladestorm on Garrosh, the rest will do less AoE. An exception is Spoils. In a decent group, there should be constant AoE there. The AoE argument also applies to some extend on Paragons. Another example is sniping executes. I don't know about others, but I had an easier time with that last week which I suspect I can attribute to less server lag, and the warlock team being demo.

5) Ilvl doesn't say everything. At worst it can be misleading; based on your data we can't tell if it is indicative. You say you got two 540 ilvl rings. Rings are worth one of the least in terms of ilvl. Maybe another guy has two 540 ilvl trinkets. Rest all being same, guess who does more on paper? Not every trinket is equal either (hello cleave trinkets!).

6) You being a PuG means you are PuGing; you don't know the other players. You don't know their skill level. Maybe the warrior is the best warrior in the world, maybe its the person the GM sleeps with after the raid. You don't know.

7) Then we have RNG, RPPM, blahblah.

8) Which leads to the final poin your sample size not being impressive either: 1.

I was attempting to show the OP that shadow priests can still be in the top five for that fight and was being sincere and helpful. Your response is neither sincere, helpful, OR appreciated.
    A sample size of one doesn't prove anything. To sum it up, your post is of no relevance whatsoever. It is not conclusive. At best, it can be used as part of a larger data analysis but both you and I know that wasn't the goal of your post; you were trying to gloat here and that, well, failed miserably.

OP here, strangely glad people are still replying to this: a week later, we cleared mythic soo in 1 night, and that's with 2 wipes (1 IJ and 1 Shamans). My numbers were not so stellar. I was in the middle of the pack all night, except for Garrosh where I finished second, and only by 0.1% from a warrior. So I don't know if we (spriests) shine again or not haha.

week 2 mythic nevar 5get

but seriously are they ever going to fix the arena spec swap aura bugs? like they add this feature nobody asked for and the result is spriest master race and druids tanking in cat form.

Possibly one of those things that requires a realm restart or even a full on build to fix. Since none of the spec swaps are particularly game-breaking, it might be WoD before we see it fixed.

In the meantime, we should enjoy our 60% buffed Mind Sear that's still worse than most AE in the game.

Deleted
    never heard of shadow priests

Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    That's only because you don't have over 500 posts.

My 567 assassin rogue pretty easily outdoes my 571 spriest. I'm better at playing my rogue than my priest but the difference isn't close.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    My 567 assassin rogue pretty easily outdoes my 571 spriest. I'm better at playing my rogue than my priest but the difference isn't close.
    Just use the Chakra bug whenever you play your Priest and it's almost like playing any other ranged DPS.

Can you guys tell me the proper build, rotation (single, multiple mobs) you are using to achieve that 'solid' state of SP? Its my first expansion making my all time priest alt as a main, so I'm not really much of an expert at it yet, but I'm doing fairly low dps.

Deleted
    Can you guys tell me the proper build, rotation (single, multiple mobs) you are using to achieve that 'solid' state of SP? Its my first expansion making my all time priest alt as a main, so I'm not really much of an expert at it yet, but I'm doing fairly low dps.

Oh man...

First of all, read the 6.0 shadow changes thread here on MMO, second of all, the L90 optimal dps thread from howtopriest

a TL;DR
    Stat Weighs
    go for Multistrike>Crit>Haste>Mastery
    Gear
    Drye made a BiS list, here it is

Talents in SoO
    What talents to choose for every boss can be different, but some info can be found on this document I made covering the first week of talents used in Mythic.
    Now that fights are so short PI is very strong since you can have a high uptime on it.

"Rotation/Spell Priority" is the same as it's always been

1.Devouring Plague
    2.Mind Blast
    3.Shadow Word Death
    4.Channel insanity
    5.Keep dots up
    6.Surge of Darkness Mind Spike procs
    7.Halo/Cascade/Shadowfiend/Mindbender

Multiple mobs

Nothing real fancy here either dude, if they live for a long time, hit them up with VP and SWP, if they won't live that long (like 5-10 sec) go for mindsear.
    Last edited by mmoc060c10bf47; 2014-10-27 at 09:45 AM.

Me too! Finding myself always in the top 5 DPS in LFR and I am not even fully geared. Then a few days ago I was #7 for healing...now that confused me. Haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just boosted a Shadow Priest and I love it. The level 100 talents look super strong, especially Aus Spirits, nothing better than spamming DP and clipping the dots, plus it still benefits from snapshotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredglol View Post
    That join date

Dawnrage,
    Thanks for the note back. If you are doing 29k on a fight, you are certainly in a completely different league than I am. I am admittedly an average player.

Could you post some logs of your fights over the past couple weeks? I'd like to compare your rotations to mine to see if I could improve my gameplay.

I also appreciate the fact that you recognize that the intent of my original response to you was one of reassurance and encouragement, and not to gloat. It seems that being positive and encouraging is something of a rare occurrence on these forums.

From an average player point of view, I still stand by my view that I'm happy where shadow priests are at. I ran mythic again with another guild group this week and again fared well. I won't bother to say anything more about the experience or post any numbers as it seems it is just ammunition for the trolls of the forums to shoot holes into and provoke ridicule.

As it seems that these forums aren't moderated any more than the in game trade channel and have the about the same curb side appeal, I most likely won't bother posting in them again. The trolls have done their job well in running me off with their contempt and arrogance. I did want to say thank you though and to make the request for logs so that I can see what I may be doing wrong.

From an average player point of view, I still stand by my view that I'm happy where shadow priests are at. I ran mythic again with another guild group this week and again fared well. I won't bother to say anything more about the experience or post any numbers as it seems it is just ammunition for the trolls of the forums to shoot holes into and provoke ridicule.

You, my friend, are the very reason why we're in the mediocre-to-poor boat we're in at the moment. It definitely seems that devs want to cater to the average player and make them believe they are doing well. Most of us in this thread are more concerned with maximum output relative to other classes. Anecdotes from casual players who pug serve no purpose but (as someone else said) to pat yourself on your mediocre back.

Casuals are welcome to share their experiences on my forum, you can acknowledge that their experience doesn't apply to a Mythic or progression scenario - but I won't tolerate elitism for it's own sake.

~ Yva
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-11-03 at 07:22 PM.

I know this has been asked before in other threads but I never really see any good answers.

Why is everyone so concerned about how things are playing out now? Who cares how people are doing in mythic SoO when fights don't last more then 2 min? Things have always been fucked right after a pre xpac patch and it seems like people always forget that. How are we at lvl 100, with the new talents and all those perk things you get while leveling? Are we still mediocre then?

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    I know this has been asked before in other threads but I never really see any good answers.

Why is everyone so concerned about how things are playing out now? Who cares how people are doing in mythic SoO when fights don't last more then 2 min? Things have always been fucked right after a pre xpac patch and it seems like people always forget that. How are we at lvl 100, with the new talents and all those perk things you get while leveling? Are we still mediocre then?
    If you'd read the rest of this thread, or, hell, the majority of the 108 page thread stickied at the top of this forum, you'd see that, yes, we are in fact doing well at 100. Level 90 raiding is just a shitty joke on Blizzard's part.

-snip-
    Sorry, my logs are private right now because my guild doesn't want us playing like idiots since the expansion is so close. There's plenty of good spriest logs on warcraftlogs.com if you want to go look at them, I think the highest on protector right now is 33k?

Quote Originally Posted by J50 View Post
    That join date
    That post count