Thread: New laptop!!

New laptop!!

Hey guys so I was looking into buying a gaming laptop because I'll be traveling a lot due to my job; ofcourse I won't be able to carry my desktop with me. I've been leaning towards HP laptop because I get discounts with them but I've been told that gaming laptops are really not HP's strong point.

So I looked around on Amazon for some Laptops and I found the following:

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3...e+V3-772G-5413

For this PC I'm really considering on buying it and the only complaint that I've read is that it is common to have a broken trackpad but to be honest I will be playing with a mouse because trackpads for WoW.... Eww. :P

So, I would like your opinions and maybe even recommendations!

Please do note in mind that I have a budget of 800 euros (around 1000 dollars)

Thanks!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll want to keep VAT in mind. Taxes aren't included in prices on amazon.com, as many US states don't have sales taxes. When you include VAT in prices, the Euro and US Dollar are just about at parity.

A laptop almost identical (it has newer graphics) to the one you linked is 950 Euros on amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/Acer-Aspire-V3-.../dp/B00IZT26UA

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You'll want to keep VAT in mind. Taxes aren't included in prices on amazon.com, as many US states don't have sales taxes. When you include VAT in prices, the Euro and US Dollar are just about at parity.

A laptop almost identical (it has newer graphics) to the one you linked is 950 Euros on amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/Acer-Aspire-V3-.../dp/B00IZT26UA
    Forgot about thanks , but although the 100 euros over budget I'm still considering on buying this one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canco View Post
    Forgot about thanks , but although the 100 euros over budget I'm still considering on buying this one
    What I'm saying is that one you've linked it also over your budget once you add in the VAT.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters