Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another example right now of how insignificant we AUS/NZ customers are to them, US servers are back up Oceanic nope... maybe tomorrow morning
    Warlord Zeala: Kill the one in the dress!

That awkward moment when you're wearing transmog T2 Judgement legs

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    We have larger player database than in US.
    Customer service being disrespectful for WAY too long now(not only today)but i can't blame low wage forum moderators for technical/engineering faults.
    I'd say lets vote with the wallet, but sadly most of the people won't care.
    Happy 10 years Anniversary Blizzard,good night and remember what goes around comes around.
    I couldn't disagree more, every experience I've had with Blizzard's CS team has been exemplary.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Dude, come on! Have you experienced the customer service other MMOs offer? holy shit you might as well not bother 9 times out of 10 they don't resolve anything. Blizzard on the other hand does.

EU player here, iam not seeing any major issues or 2nd class stuff.

having seen what other mmo's ahve to offer, Blizzard is amazing (jesus christ was Sony especially horrible)

be helpful if OP actually mentioned what he's talking about rather than some generic complaining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Blizzard got offered free fully-manned servers in Australia if they would simply allow the company to claim they were the official providers of WoW in Australia. Blizzard gave them the middle finger. European servers are infinitely far ahead of Australian ones. Until you play against people with <50 ping with 300ish ping on servers that are apparently made for your country, you are not second class citizens.
    that sounds like unacceptable conditions to me.

I am glad to be in EU.

US Always serves as a test case the first 24 hours.

By the time the game reaches EU, many small issues are already addressed.

As for the general support, I never had trouble in getting decent answers from polite people.

OP is full of whine and blatantly wrong.

Just a month ago I got a race change for free, because the character service hadn't worked for me for 2-3 days or so. Dude from CS just said "Um, yeah, let me do it manually... oh and because of the wait and you being a long standing valued customer, I'll do it for free".

That's 20 bucks saved. No idea what you mean about bad CS.

Are their hands tied sometimes? Yeah sure. Does that make them bad CS? Nope. Just makes them the poor sods that have to tell you "Nuh-uh... can't do it, sorry mate."
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I'm willing to bet that OP threw a hissy fit at some CS rep and got the cold shoulder treatment as a result. If you want service, be civil. If you want to scream your lungs out, go scream in the forest, then come back and call them and act civil. Obviously I'm talking out of my ass here and have nothing to prove my allegations, but it's not like he linked the bad CS experience either.

If I ever had a bad CS thing happen to me in game, I would sure as hell be sure to screencap it at least. If it's on the phone, it's a bit tougher, but major call centers generally record calls, so you can always contact them again, inform them you had a nasty experience with the previous rep and request that the case be forwarded to supervisor/management. Believe me, those things get acted upon (speaking from ~8 years call center/help desk experience here).
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted
    I'm on Draenor-EU and rarely have any issues regarding logging in. It's like 2-3 times a year if anything, and usually gets fixed pretty fast. The problem is people ALWAYS focus on the bad, and completely ignore all the good.

lol at least you have servers actually in your country rather than just named "oceanic" that aren't able to cross realm with anybody in the world outside of oceanic and still have 200+ ping making them literally useless to play on apart from server time.

oh yeah i forgot according to game devs australia doesn't exsist unless it's banned from playing. thx blizz.

I have lived and played in both EU and NA. Amazing fact that in both places you run into nice people and, also, in both places run into dicks. I also hate to say it but customer service reps usually aren't the nicest people in the world. Want to know why? Pretty much from the moment they get to work to the moment they go home they get a steady stream of self important people explaining to them why they, the CS agent, sucks and how them, the customer, is never wrong and always right. Not to mention deserves something for free. All of this on top of the CS agent not really being the root of the complaint and often powerless to actually fix it. More or less they are just the punching bag.

You would be surprised how helpful these people really want to be if you throw in an attempt to be nice and drop the act of the typical power trip call in they receive every 5 to 10 minutes.

Nothing even comes close to how they treat Asian realms
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    What is this "Directive" you speak
    I assume he is talking about his countrys consumer protection agency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    EU player here, iam not seeing any major issues or 2nd class stuff.
    have you looked at the Forums?.
    last time around we didn't even have a beta pet battle forum.
    the main forum didn't have a blue anything for 5 months.
    There wasn't even a copy pasted sticky for things, there were several big ones in the US forum.
    But yeah, not second class at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kingzero View Post
    I assume he is talking about his countrys consumer protection agency.
    actually there is a EU consumer protection directive.

Why did a post like this warrant a blue reply on a fan forum? That's just plain weird.

OT: Never had a problem with EU customer support, must be personal.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    We have larger player database than in US.
    Customer service being disrespectful for WAY too long now(not only today)but i can't blame low wage forum moderators for technical/engineering faults.
    I'd say lets vote with the wallet, but sadly most of the people won't care.
    Happy 10 years Anniversary Blizzard,good night and remember what goes around comes around.
    There, you got a blue reply in under 30 minutes. On a fan website. Do you feel like a valued, special sunflower, customer now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    I have never run into a disrespectful, or in any way offensive, Blizzard representative in the last 9 years. Never have I felt like a 2nd class costumer. Blizzard does whatever they can when there's a gamebreaking issue in the game ( For example, lots of people not being able to log in ) to fix it.
    I can only agree with this. Blizzard Entertainment has some of the nicest technical support staff I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I've never encountered a "disrespectful" Blizzard employee, I have on the other hand encountered employees that doesnt know what they are talking about, but if that happens you just write a new ticket til you get someone who does.

Only thing I can complain about is the long wait time, but that's to be expected in the worlds largest MMO.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never had a problem with the customer service in the EU. OP is probably overly sensitive.

I never had a problem with CS either.

As EU player my 2 biggest concerns:
    1. Why do we have separate forums? Specially for things like beta or PTR that we already play together. It makes me feel a bit disconnected from all the forum action, all valuable feedback seems to only be valid in the US forums and we just get CM responding the usual stuff.
    2. Non-english servers & grouping tools. I'm spanish, so i play in spanish servers, but if i want to use the new grouping tool i'm also limited to spanish servers, and that defeats the purpose of such a tool. I don't know if other non-english communities feel the same way, but i can tell for sure that what made oqueu so popular was also being able to have a bigger pool... several times i killed Ordos or Celestias with french & russian players.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch Son of Gods View Post
    Hello?

Germany? France? UK?

Several great classical countries? Then add Russia to the mix and Sweden, Denmark, Norway.

EU says hello.
    Even when they used to split out the regions in the sub numbers the EU was never bigger than NA

Blizzard Entertainment®, Inc. announced today that World of Warcraft®, its subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), is now played by more than 8 million gamers around the world. World of Warcraft has also achieved new regional subscriber milestones, with more than 2 million players in North America, more than 1.5 million players in Europe, and more than 3.5 million players in China.

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...tml?id=9983851

Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced today that subscribership for World of Warcraft®, its award-winning massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), has continued to climb, recently passing 10 million worldwide. Interest in the game has remained high in all regions, with thousands of new and returning players signing up through the holiday season. World of Warcraft now hosts more than 2 million subscribers in Europe, more than 2.5 million in North America, and approximately 5.5 million in Asia.

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company...ml?id=10014593

I dunno I got like 20MS with virgin media in EU and am quite happy, Never had any problems with their support.