Deleted

Is Power Infusion practically useless at level 90?

I seem to have practically unlimited mana. And my gear isn't even that 'pro'. I'm not sure if holy can use it more than disc, but that too doesn't seem that starved for mana.

The haste buf it gives doesn't seem that critically important either. It seems like the talent could use another more potent buf, unless level 100 is more mana starved.

Also Spirit Shell is technically weaker now since it can't be forced to crit on the first go, though I guess PoH in general is weaker in the future since no 10man hc.

I generally think Holy is a much stronger and interesting spec now. I'm not sure I see the appeal of this approach. I generally love changes more than anyone but they oversimplified.

You take PI for the Haste, not the mana reduction. That being said, Spirit Shell will be better for any fight you can reliably use it, like Garrosh.

Deleted
    Two words
    Global Cooldown

But otherwise yeah disc is pretty gutted, going shaman/mage atm

That whole tier sucks from what I can see, since they removed ToF's ability to double-dip the dmg/heal buff, forcing it to only proc off a heal below 35%. 25% haste will be significant once we hit 91 and our stats hit the new DR curve, while tanks and dps still think themselves invulnerable and rush into everything.

You guys should see Paragon's mythic clear, Jhazrun was running circles around other healers (rd, rsh, mw) on healing intensive fights as disc. And he had PI taken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Two words
    Global Cooldown

But otherwise yeah disc is pretty gutted, going shaman/mage atm

Yeah, I really think the approach is really wrong (and I don't mean nerfed, but the oversimplification). I love changes more than anyone (e.g. I can not object on anything concerning the bags and reagent changes) but this time they really oversimplified the classes. And for what, to appeal to kids (they didn't seem to have a problem to reach 12 million subs when the game was way more complex)?

Concerning haste, it does seem very unimportant now. But I guess it's going to be important later. If what you say about massive DRs is true.

I remember playing disc on a raiding alt in Dragon Soul heroic, I recall more haste was something I probably needed more back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuaryu View Post
    You guys should see Paragon's mythic clear, Jhazrun was running circles around other healers (rd, rsh, mw) on healing intensive fights as disc. And he had PI taken.
    This.

Disc is incredibly broken right now, it's even stronger than it was in 5.4. The only healer than can compete is a Holy Paladin.

Deleted
    I think I have unlimited mana on not even that much of a gear. Is that the reason he 'over'healed?

At the moment, yes.
    Spirit Shell is still pretty mandatory for SoO, arguably even more so now that we don't have uncapped T90.
    At the same time, mana regen from spirit is over tuned sub level 100.
    Haste still isn't very valuable for us, and PI even less so since previously it's main value was in coupling it with Spirit Shell, which is no longer an option for obvious reasons. Now PI's main value for disc will be in its mana cost reduction, which is irrelevant until we reach at least 95+.

That being said, I just read about Jhazrun and paragon's mythic clear using PI, so I'm going to look into that immediately.

I assume this is due to PoH being spammable at 90, but I'll investigate.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Deleted
    Yeah, that haste thing alone on disc doesn't seem that amazing, though I don't know, it might be when/if they really do go through with the "less full health pulls" idea.

PS. What Paragon did isn't mantra though. They farm the content since 2013. It might be just testing the thing

Or getting used to it if he determined he'll be needing it come 100.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2014-10-16 at 06:09 AM.

I'm not finding any video's of paragon's mythic clear? Are there only logs?
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    I'm not finding any video's of paragon's mythic clear? Are there only logs?
    http://www.twitch.tv/devahi/b/578393155

PI is pretty good right now for holy nova throughput. since mana is such a non issue, the caster metagem might be worth using if you can proc it with holy nova.