Is Cooking/Fishing going to fade away in WoD?

I see cooking in WOD has been brain dead simplified. I loved MOP cooking much better.

Anyway, since WOD cooking will not buff primary stats anymore (Agility, Intellect, Strength) do you think anyone is going to bother with cooking or getting food buffs?

I think that secondary stats boosts aren't really worth the gold/effort.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fishing is not going anywhere, you need fish for cooking as well as alchemy. I will lvl up cooking regardless if its good or not...cause i need all my stuff maxed...

It seems like they're really making fishing into more of a big deal - they have a lot of alch/cooking things built up with it, the fishing hut on the Garrison, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    I see cooking in WOD has been brain dead simplified. I loved MOP cooking much better.

Anyway, since WOD cooking will not buff primary stats anymore (Agility, Intellect, Strength) do you think anyone is going to bother with cooking or getting food buffs?

I think that secondary stats boosts aren't really worth the gold/effort.
    I hated MoP cooking, and liked the earlier cooking where you could choose more then just primary stats. In WoD, cooking gives about 1.5% of any secondary stat I believe? So its a decent increase, and any serious raider will cook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I hated MoP cooking, and liked the earlier cooking where you could choose more then just primary stats. In WoD, cooking gives about 1.5% of any secondary stat I believe? So its a decent increase, and any serious raider will cook.
    Moreover, it seems that cooking produces extra "servings" based on skill level. So there is incentive to level it up as well.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Just because stat buffs have changed to secondary stats doesn't mean they're trivial.

Buff food is still important.

Foods just for fun (various procs) are still popular, and there are some new ones.

Fishing is important for cooking as well as for other crafts, especially alchemy.

What's 'brain dead' is jumping to conclusions about fishing and cooking based on not understanding the scope of changes in beta =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither is going anywhere, but fishing will be very relevant. You need fish for cooking, alchemy, and maybe more profs. Fishing will probably be more relevant than in past imo.

The balance between primary and secondary stats have been drastically shifted for many classes, making secondary stats much more valuable then they used to be. Cooking isn't going anywhere.

What blows my mind is that the best food is only gotten from the barn. Genious.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Yeah, this is the only bit i don't get. All the other proff buildings will get you everything except the very best, i.e the item upgrade stuff.
    Kinda makes sense for cooking to be the same or at least have access to everything on the spec alone.

Or maybe to make it in the barn it requires max cooking or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Not anymore, the feasts are now on par with personal food made from cooking.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Fishing is needed for First Aid now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHGame78 View Post
    Fishing is needed for First Aid now.
    Should probably also elaborate that First Aid makes health pots which can be used like health stones. I think healing wise they do slightly better than health stones.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.