Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Honestly it sounds interesting, butin the end would be a lot of work to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    People say they want challanging leveling, you give them a choice just to see if they really want it or just belvie they do
    Different phases yes
    No buffs on the player ofc total dark souls mode
    No extra reward, the difficulty is the reward
    People can say they want harder leveling all day long, some might really mean it. If difficulty was an option then people would go with the fastest route and complain it was too easy. It is no different then people maxed out in boa xp boosting gear getting upset they blitz through zones. As for difficulty being the reward that is just nonsense. How many people redid challenge mode dungeons after they were at gold, weren't running it with somebody that needed gold, getting paid to do it or doing the daily?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roamingstorm View Post
    Honestly it sounds interesting, butin the end would be a lot of work to implement.
    And go unused by almost everybody and only briefly used by the few that even touched it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    The prestige of having the titles/mounts/Mythic tagged gear is the reward. But by having those rewards, it automatically makes it incentivized for everyone.
    Its joke easy too make this work. Oblivion slider works like that. All you have too do is too debuff your character. And you have a aura that buffs all monsters araund you too do more damage. (only too you)
    A simple spell.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laumann View Post
    Talk is cheap. Take the achievements and loot from them and then see if they would stick to their guns.
    Yeah raids break up now when they wipe on a boss for awhile. Remove the loot carrot and a way to improve with each kill and all the Blackfuses of the world would end raids if they even made it that far.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Make it faceroll easy with heirlooms, but make it challenging without them.

Simple fix and how it was back in Wrath.

outdoor is nearly impossible and prone to exploit, but i still wonder why they don't have implemented the Diablo torment system into wow raid/dung/scenarios
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2014-10-16 at 04:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    People say they want challanging leveling, you give them a choice just to see if they really want it or just belvie they do
    That's the problem though isn't it? Blizzard does a bunch of coding, adds a slider and probably spends time (especially after the mess we have now) just going through everything to make sure it's all balanced on the chance they might really want it, or think they might and then how many would actually take advantage of it.

How would rewards work? There's a lot of questions associated with this keeping in mind that D3 was designed to do this and WoW was never designed to do this. Likely it would be a very substantial thing to do for content that relatively few run. Yes, we're getting a lot of complaining about this now as if everyone is running at low levels but some portion of that is people just piling on who could not care less.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    But the people on the wow forum praise the bugged difficulty we have after patch like a gift from god, but as far as i know no new rewards came with the bugg,
    So why would they need reward if they could choose this difficulty by own choice?
    Or is it that people will always take the easier/faster way even if they don't enyoy it?
    Actually people aren't massively praising it. You're talking about a vocal minority. They're just liking it for a change, that it's ''like the old days''.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Its joke easy too make this work. Oblivion slider works like that. All you have too do is too debuff your character. And you have a aura that buffs all monsters araund you too do more damage. (only too you)
    A simple spell.
    You can debuff your character now easily enough through gear selection although there's a lot of dislike for that idea. I doubt if debuffing your character through a spell would be popular either. It certainly wasn't popular back in the day with raid content when you could turn off the buffs that were added to help people finish them up. No one much did that and I doubt that many people would do this either.

Part of this involves people who want everything difficult because driving out players who like to faceroll things is 'good for the game'. They want everything difficult, period. That's their right but the further it goes the less likely it is to see anyone actually do it. I don't think that Blizzard is in the mood to do much of anything else with old content. Forums can be terribly misleading since they tend to zone in on a flavor-of-the-day topic and are overrun with trolls and people out to make mischief. That goes triple for Blizzard's forums.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-10-16 at 04:41 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The hard levels would go unused. The 0.1% of wow players that wan't a crazy hard challenge while leveling up a toon (LOL) and are vocal about it on forums are the only ones that would (maybe) use it. Only an extremely small minority of people actually want the leveling process to be difficult and even they would probably end up saying fuck it and moving to easy.

So far Heirlooms seem to significantly buff your character, without them the game is pretty challenging. Some stuff I've fought though is pretty hard or near impossible. (One shot kills) Hope they just tune those down a bit.

Listen... we really have to stomp out this idea everyone seems to have that choices have no consequences.

"Don't like it, don't do it" "If you want hard, make it hard for yourself." etc etc etc....

Many people like the competitive side of WoW. It's why you get upset that your class does significantly less DPS and has a harder rotation than other specs/classes.
    We don't like gimping ourselves for nothing other than the sake of challenge.
    WoD MIA for No Flight
    ------------------------------
    MayMay

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Listen... we really have to stomp out this idea everyone seems to have that choices have no consequences.

"Don't like it, don't do it" "If you want hard, make it hard for yourself." etc etc etc....

Many people like the competitive side of WoW. It's why you get upset that your class does significantly less DPS and has a harder rotation than other specs/classes.
    We don't like gimping ourselves for nothing other than the sake of challenge.
    So people are only happy if the challange is forced on everyone or if there is no easier option?
    That just sound so weird imo, want challange but only if you can't use anything easier

Quote Originally Posted by Stunstation View Post
    Personally I dont like the idea, lets say your farming rep or items, doing dailies? Who would ever do those things on Mythic?
    If the rewards were higher, why not? I.e. mining nodes giving more ore, mobs giving more gold, quest rewards having slightly better ilvl, etc. Not a terrible idea. You would probably need phasing though, which I don't like much. :/
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    If the rewards were higher, why not? I.e. mining nodes giving more ore, mobs giving more gold, quest rewards having slightly better ilvl, etc. Not a terrible idea. You would probably need phasing though, which I don't like much. :/
    If the character gets a buff you don't need phasing at all.

Very very few people would actually put it higher than the lowest difficulty, even though these forums swarm with people that want questing to be a "challenge".

10+ Year Old Account
    Multiple difficulty settings without any rewards? You haven't been playing MMORPGs for long have you?

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Multiple difficulty settings without any rewards? You haven't been playing MMORPGs for long have you?
    I have but the logic off "We want difficult content, but we do't want it to be a choice! it should be forced on everyone!" Just seems weird to me.
    From how i understand it after these replies is that people want difficulty aslong as they can't choose an easier option, wich baffles my mind

10+ Year Old Account
    No extra reward, the difficulty is the reward
    This is what I find so hilarious about it. Despite how many people claim that 'challenging' content is just sooooooo good, barely any of them would choose it if it didn't have extra rewards. It really shows you that most people like the idea of 'challenging' content, but would never actually do it unless Blizzard gave them other incentives.

Apparently, they wouldn't find it as fun as they'd think.