New PC Build (Sweden, Pre-built)

Posting on behalf of a friend. She wants a new PC purely for WoW, she can't build them and doesn't know anyone who is able to do it for her, so it will need to be prebuilt. Hoping one of you guys can suggest or find anything she'd be able to get as I'm not sure of any pre-built sites, especially ones for Sweden.

Budget: 39,000 SEK (roughly £3300 / $5400 / €4200). No point going overboard but the "best" without wasting would be great.

Resolution: 2560x1440 - BenQ BL2710PT 27" (Dual monitors; second will just be a smaller monitor for internet browsing etc)

Games / Settings Desired: Purely for WoW with raiding intended at max possible settings. I know FPS always dips in raids etc.

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): No.

Parts that can be reused: No.

Do you need an OS? Yes.

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No.

She linked me a build she was looking at earlier, but for WoW it just looked silly. i7-5930K, Titan Z, 32GB (8x4) DDR4 RAM.

Thanks in advance.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just WoW? and no streaming?

And yea, for WoW that build does look silly. Anything with that price tag looks silly for a game as old as WoW.

I know nothing about swedish sites and shit, but a 4690k, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and a GTX 970 with a SSD is MORE than enough for what she needs. Even that is kind of overkill but if she can find those specs she'd golden. She can always go for a 4790k for the higher clock speed out the box with the hyper threading for if she ever finds a need for it in the future. Since it's well within her budget by a large margin obviously.

She may also want to call around to some local shops and see if they'd be willing to assemble the parts for a decent price if she provides them. Can usually save money over buying straight prebuilt and allows you to get the exact brand and parts you want.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2014-10-16 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Obviously what people want to spend their money on is their own business but the budget and those parts are completely mental for WoW even at 1440p.
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-10-16 at 08:04 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Obviously what people want to spend their money on is their own business but that budget and those parts are completely mental for WoW even at 1440p.
    I'd argue 4k as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've also been told for World of Warcraft specifically it's overkill.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You really shouldn't need more than ~10k for a really good WoW experience for that matter, from my POV.

Deleted
    For half the price/budget you can get a pre built that is still overkill to some extent but is a lot more sensible and would still be good for say streaming and other A title games should she ever want something else:

https://www.komplett.se/k/config.asp...SystemId=10949

Swap to the following:

case, Corsair Obsidian 450D or Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl

Power supply, Corsair RM650

Processor, Intel Core i7-4790K

Heatsink, Corsair H60

Motherboard, MSI Z97 GAMING 5

RAM, HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz (instead of the 1600MHz)

GPU, unfortunately no non-reference card but get the 980

SSD, Crucial MX100 512GB (256GB should really be enough but 512GB would be alright if you have a big steam library)

HDD, some Western Digital... whatever size she wants/needs

Total should be around 20,000 SEK
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2014-10-16 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.inet.se/produkt/1517099/t...l-varde-399-kr
    This one should sort her needs out if she wants a prebuilt one and only plays WoW, could put the same parts in a cart and have the store assemble it as well which is a service they offer for ~800 SEK, meaning you could go for a more powerful gpu if needed.
    Last edited by zealo; 2014-10-16 at 08:42 PM.

Thanks for the input so far folks. I do understand the budget is far more than is needed, but she's more than happy to spend up to that amount, and like I said whatever the best without going overboard in a pre-built would be best for her. As long as the priceerformance isn't diminished too much then it won't matter until that point. My main problem was that I don't know of many pre-built websites, or those that can build to what you want specifically that build in or deliver directly to Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Just WoW? and no streaming?
    Yep, just WoW. Nothing else.

I know nothing about swedish sites and shit, but a 4690k, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and a GTX 970 with a SSD is MORE than enough for what she needs. Even that is kind of overkill but if she can find those specs she'd golden. She can always go for a 4790k for the higher clock speed out the box with the hyper threading for if she ever finds a need for it in the future. Since it's well within her budget by a large margin obviously.
    I was thinking pretty much the same, but getting the actual built PC at a decent standard is the main problem.

She may also want to call around to some local shops and see if they'd be willing to assemble the parts for a decent price if she provides them. Can usually save money over buying straight prebuilt and allows you to get the exact brand and parts you want.
    Will ask her about it and see if she can find any, but from what I've been told a lot near her only do specific pre-built with not much changing to what the customer likes.

Thanks again, any other advice would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will ask her about it and see if she can find any, but from what I've been told a lot near her only do specific pre-built with not much changing to what the customer likes.

Thanks again, any other advice would be great.
    About this, the store she linked that first overkill one from actually offers such a service with construction and transportation, found here:
    http://www.inet.se/produkt/9990387/m...ia-komponenter
    You add this to a cart of random parts and they put it together and make sure it works before shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    About this, the store she linked that first overkill one from actually offers such a service with construction and transportation, found here:
    http://www.inet.se/produkt/9990387/m...ia-komponenter
    You add this to a cart of random parts and they put it together and make sure it works before shipping.
    Oh, that's great then. Was looking through it with google translate and didn't get very far. >.< I'll have a play around with it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Amazon ship to Sweden?

Yes they will. Amazon USA and Amazon UK will both ship to Sweden quite easily. Neither will ship both everything on their websites though and you need to check the shipping details when looking at items.

The Amazon USA store will probably the have biggest and best range for you but for electrical items you will need to purchase from Amazon UK as the USA has different mains power.

http://doesitshipto.com/does-amazon-ship-to-sweden/

Go forth and spend your moneys!!

Deleted
    Waitwaitwait. 4200€ budget purely for WoW? Did she win in a lottery or something? Tell her to send 60% of the budget to my paypal account, it will improve her WoW experience about as much as using that money on the PC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Thanks for the input so far folks. I do understand the budget is far more than is needed, but she's more than happy to spend up to that amount, and like I said whatever the best without going overboard in a pre-built would be best for her. As long as the priceerformance isn't diminished too much then it won't matter until that point. My main problem was that I don't know of many pre-built websites, or those that can build to what you want specifically that build in or deliver directly to Sweden.
    Well what I linked you from Komplett is half the budget you originally proposed and it's pre built, will just have to configure it as I mentioned. As much as I'm not for going totally overboard (like the 39,000 SEK) I don't think you have to buy the bare minimum either if you wanna get a new great system that will also be good for other things than WoW, never know what tomorrow brings. You are on 1440p afterall.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/7264936/2014-10-16

Add Windows 8.1

i7-4790K is a possibility, GTX 980, perhaps 16GB RAM but all of that is really only if you're going to play other games, multitask a lot, stream etc.

Why the hedgehog did your post get a massive horizontal scrollbar, notarget? D:

Thanks for the help everyone. We'll be using the above suggestions to find which she wants to go with now out of those suggested, we both really appreciate the help!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Why the hedgehog did your post get a massive horizontal scrollbar, notarget? D:
    Heh didn't even notice until you said something, I just copied the "Forum Link with image (BBcode)" from the shopping cart.