Best garrison setup for Tailoring/Enchanting character?

What are the most efficient buildings for a tailor/enchanting character? Salvage yard/ storage and tailor enchanting buildings?

Or maybe a different setup would be better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritsuna View Post
    What are the most efficient buildings for a tailor/enchanting character? Salvage yard/ storage and tailor enchanting buildings?

Or maybe a different setup would be better?
    Depends on a whole number of factors. First is your class able to effectively solo rares in WoD?

Are you going production profession heavy or follower heavy? Note that there are different advantages to both. For instance, a follower heavy focus would add in the Inn because a lv 2 Inn allows you to recruit trait specific followers for your buildings. Why is this important? Most buildings do better with a follower tied to them. The Herb Garden allows you to pick which herbs you will see planted with a follower. Production yields for Hexaweave Cloth is increased at a Tailor building with a follower.

Storehouse is a nice addon giving you more work orders (along with bank access) but you are capped to 6 work orders being done per day because each work order takes 4 hours to complete and they do the sequentially.

Additionally, since garrison resources are required to upgrade your garrison, a lumber mill is nice to have as it allows you to convert Draenor trees into lumber into garrison resources. Similarly a Trading post allows you to cross trade some resources for other resources (i.e. garrison resources for herbs, ore, furs, etc.)

Lastly, don't forget about the barn. The lvl 3 barn is required to make Savage blood which is the crafting mat required for certain crafts.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

I'm a warlock so I think I am one of the better solo classes, how many of those buildings can I get? I am interested in time/cost efficiency, and the most optimal setup. (Also I'm uninterested in having more alts just for garrisons)

Large: Barracks, War Mil. When you have your followers at 100 and also have geared them, replace War Mill with another large building if you like. You can also replace Barracks too.

Medium: Lumber Mill, Barn. when you have your garrison level 3 and enough resources to go on, replace Lumber Mill with inn. Then, when you have the traits you want replace Inn with a Trading Post

Small: Tailoring Emporium, Enchanter's Study, Salvage Yard
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    Large: Barracks, War Mil. When you have your followers at 100 and also have geared them, replace War Mill with another large building if you like. You can also replace Barracks too.

Medium: Lumber Mill, Barn. when you have your garrison level 3 and enough resources to go on, replace Lumber Mill with inn. Then, when you have the traits you want replace Inn with a Trading Post

Small: Tailoring Emporium, Enchanter's Study, Salvage Yard

Does this mean I'll need 3 tailors to have 3 crafted epics before first raid tier opens? Or just two?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqion View Post
    Does this mean I'll need 3 tailors to have 3 crafted epics before first raid tier opens? Or just two?
    You realize that it's unlikely that you can get 3 crafted (fully upgraded) epics before raid tier opens.

Let's take a look here: 2.5 weeks post WoD launch to is when Highmaul first opens.

A single crafted epic costs the following:
    30 Savage Bloods, 30 Sorcerous Water, 40 Sorcerous Air, 350 Hexweave Cloth - For stage 2 and stage 3 upgrades
    100 Hexweave Cloth + random - Actual armor piece.

So three crafted epic costs around 90 Savage bloods and 1350 Hexweave cloths

Work orders take 4 hrs to process so the Barn can only process 6 beasts for a chance for a savage blood. Assuming 100% drop rate (which it isn't on the Beta currently), 14 days will give you 84 savage bloods.

Meanwhile Hexweave cloths has a weird production rate. It starts at 4 cloths at 600 tailoring skill and tops out at 10 cloths at 700 but the cost remains same at 20 furs + 10 flytraps. So again 10 cloths per day for 14 days only gives you 140 cloths. The good news is that the tailoring building can also produce 6 work orders worth of cloth per day. Which yields about 84 cloths without a follower bonus. Assuming a 100% increase bonus for a follower (again not realistic), that only gives you about 168 cloths in 14 days.

So in 2 weeks you can have 268 cloths + 84 savage bloods on one character. So you might be saying hey what about the .5 week? Well I was using that as the time it takes to lvl from 90 to 100 but let's assume that you get to level 100, cap profession to 700, and level garrison/buildings to lv 3 in a day (again not possible). You might get an extra 30~60 cloth and 36 savage blood (again assuming 100% drop rate per elite mob worked).

Still well short of the 1350 cloths you need.

Oh and to get lv 3 buildings is currently a bit of a time sink. Remember first that any building can only do about 6 work orders per day. Let's see for the barn, you need to process 25 work orders to get the level 3 plans. That will take a minimum of 5 days to complete. The remainder profession/production buildings require a total of 250 work orders done. So let's assume you made all 3 small plots profession buildings (with work orders) plus lumber mill, the mine and the herb farm, that yields a maximum of 36 work orders that can be done in a day. This still takes 7 days to reach 250 work orders. The problem here is that you don't get enough seeds/rock fragments to do a full days worth of work orders for the mine or the farm.

So basically, good luck on trying to get 3 pieces of epic (fully upgraded) gear by the time the first raid opens. It's not looking to be an easy task.
    ---
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    So in 2 weeks you can have 268 cloths + 84 savage bloods on one character. So you might be saying hey what about the .5 week? Well I was using that as the time it takes to lvl from 90 to 100 but let's assume that you get to level 100, cap profession to 700, and level garrison/buildings to lv 3 in a day (again not possible). You might get an extra 30~60 cloth and 36 savage blood (again assuming 100% drop rate per elite mob worked).
    It's actually even worse than that because there are no level up recipes for most professions. For profession skillups as a tailor you're limited to:
    - MoP craftables (Most of these stop giving skill around 610 skill)
    - Daily cooldowns. You get 2 points per day from these
    - Recipes that require Hexweave cloth.

If you want to craft the epics, you'll want to save Hexweave for them. Without using Hexweave it'll take you over a month to get to 700 skill. You can cut that down to a few weeks by using your Hexweave for level up recipes, but then you'll have even less to use on the epics. Getting to 700 skill in 2½ weeks may not be realistic even if you use up all of your Hexweave, so you'll never get the full 10 Hexweave per day before raids are open.

By my estimation it takes the crafting output of about 2-3 tailors to create one fully upgraded epic in time for Highmaul opening. One tailor with max Hexweave ouput can craft either:
    - One tier2 upgrade token
    - One tier1 upgrade token
    - Two base epics

That means the output of about 10 tailors to fully outfit one raiding character with 3 items+cloak. Low level profession alts will have lower output due to not being able to level a follower to 100 for the max bonus, so they will not be able to craft the tier2 upgrade items or two base epics.

Anyone who wants to get crafted epics in time for progression raiding should look into having an army of crafting alts or very deep pockets.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2014-10-21 at 05:26 PM.

You realize that it's unlikely that you can get 3 crafted (fully upgraded) epics before raid tier opens.

Let's take a look here: 2.5 weeks post WoD launch to is when Highmaul first opens.

A single crafted epic costs the following:
    30 Savage Bloods, 30 Sorcerous Water, 40 Sorcerous Air, 350 Hexweave Cloth - For stage 2 and stage 3 upgrades
    100 Hexweave Cloth + random - Actual armor piece.

So three crafted epic costs around 90 Savage bloods and 1350 Hexweave cloths

Work orders take 4 hrs to process so the Barn can only process 6 beasts for a chance for a savage blood. Assuming 100% drop rate (which it isn't on the Beta currently), 14 days will give you 84 savage bloods.

Meanwhile Hexweave cloths has a weird production rate. It starts at 4 cloths at 600 tailoring skill and tops out at 10 cloths at 700 but the cost remains same at 20 furs + 10 flytraps. So again 10 cloths per day for 14 days only gives you 140 cloths. The good news is that the tailoring building can also produce 6 work orders worth of cloth per day. Which yields about 84 cloths without a follower bonus. Assuming a 100% increase bonus for a follower (again not realistic), that only gives you about 168 cloths in 14 days.

Still well short of the 1350 cloths you need.

Oh and to get lv 3 buildings is currently a bit of a time sink. Remember first that any building can only do about 6 work orders per day. Let's see for the barn, you need to process 25 work orders to get the level 3 plans. That will take a minimum of 5 days to complete. The remainder profession/production buildings require a total of 250 work orders done. So let's assume you made all 3 small plots profession buildings (with work orders) plus lumber mill, the mine and the herb farm, that yields a maximum of 36 work orders that can be done in a day. This still takes 7 days to reach 250 work orders. The problem here is that you don't get enough seeds/rock fragments to do a full days worth of work orders for the mine or the farm.

So basically, good luck on trying to get 3 pieces of epic (fully upgraded) gear by the time the first raid opens. It's not looking to be an easy task.
    I was aiming for 3 T1 epics. And thank you very much for all the advice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    It's actually even worse than that because there are no level up recipes for most professions. For profession skillups as a tailor you're limited to:
    - MoP craftables (Most of these stop giving skill around 610 skill)
    - Daily cooldowns. You get 2 points per day from these
    - Recipes that require Hexweave cloth.

If you want to craft the epics, you'll want to save Hexweave for them. Without using Hexweave it'll take you over a month to get to 700 skill. You can cut that down to a few weeks by using your Hexweave for level up recipes, but then you'll have even less to use on the epics. Getting to 700 skill in 2½ weeks may not be realistic even if you use up all of your Hexweave, so you'll never get the full 10 Hexweave per day before raids are open.

By my estimation it takes the crafting output of about 2-3 tailors to create one fully upgraded epic in time for Highmaul opening. One tailor with max Hexweave ouput can craft either:
    - One tier2 upgrade token
    - One tier1 upgrade token
    - Two base epics

That means the output of about 10 tailors to fully outfit one raiding character with 3 items+cloak. Low level profession alts will have lower output due to not being able to level a follower to 100 for the max bonus, so they will not be able to craft the tier2 upgrade items or two base epics.

Anyone who wants to get crafted epics in time for progression raiding should look into having an army of crafting alts or very deep pockets.
    I have 22 alts (thanks to connected realms) and deep pockets. But I don't think I'll switch all of them to Tailoring, that'd tire me out lol. Now I would do 4 or 5 possibly. But would that honestly be worth the 3 T3 epics? I was just thinking the 3 T1's to get me started :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If your goal is to get 3 crafted epics (un-upgraded) then yes the numbers are a lot lower. No need for the barn, and only 100 hexaweave cloth per item (total of 300 cloth). But at ilv 640, that gear is equivalent to LFR gear which we have recently seen will include set bonuses. I suppose as a stepping stone it's nice but ultimately is it worth that effort?
    ---

Deleted
    If your goal is to get 3 crafted epics (un-upgraded) then yes the numbers are a lot lower. No need for the barn, and only 100 hexaweave cloth per item (total of 300 cloth). But at ilv 640, that gear is equivalent to LFR gear which we have recently seen will include set bonuses. I suppose as a stepping stone it's nice but ultimately is it worth that effort?
    Does that mean Tailoring (on one character only) will be essentially useless for making gold at WoD release?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    Does that mean Tailoring (on one character only) will be essentially useless for making gold at WoD release?
    All crafting professions are essentially useless for making gold at WoD release without extra support through alts funneling resources.

Your best bet in making gold... tell you what, I will make a post about it because then it may be sticky so that folks can just read it once without clogging up the forums with needless posts.
    ---