Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Mythic SoO changes

If this thread topic has been done elsewhere on MMO then I would appreciate a link to thread and for a mod to close this one.

The point for this thread is to compile a list of how raid mechanics have changed for Mythic 20 man. From what I've read on the forums and experienced while raiding on Tuesday of the pre-patch (do note that these comparisons are with respect to 5.4 25 Heroic):

As a whole it seems the instance was slapped with a very hefty nerf bat when it comes to boss health. Mechanics are a non-issue if bosses are dying before they even get a chance to use them.

Immerseus - Seemed like fewer oozes spawned.

Protectors - Maybe 1 less Rook keg smash.

Norushen - Didn't notice anything different.

Sha - ??? (Think I sat for this fight or not much different)

Galakras - ??? (Sat for this fight)

Iron Juggernaut - ??? (Sat for this fight, heard that the tank stacks are harder to handle though.)

Dark Shamans - No changes on the Earthbreaker side of things, can't comment on Wavebinder.

Nazgrim - No change.

Malkorok - Bugged pool spawn locations (had 3 pools spawn overlapping each other) but think 2 fewer pools spawn per wave.

Spoils - Didn't notice anything different.

Thok - Requires 11 people to be stacked with debuff to push into kite phase. Seems like the Jinyu prison (Ice) is leading to more people freezing than before so Saurok (Poison) is a better choice for the first prison you open.

Siegecrafter - All adds have had health greatly reduced. Shredders appear to be more difficult than before.

Paragons - If I had to guess it would be that Aim damage reduced (seems to be most overtuned ability so far) + fewer parasite/mutations. Maybe one less Amber toss. Rapid Fire's Sonic Projections are slower.

Garrosh - So many changes that I'll just make a bullet post for easier reading:
    • Drastically reduced health to make kills similar to 5.4
    • Only 2 MCs per MC wave
    • Only 6 people to bait Desecrated Weapon
    • Need 4 people for Malice (not sure if this is 3+person with Malice or 4+person with Malice)
    • 5 people to spawn an Iron Star
    • ToJS (first vision) adds will not cast so long as something is standing in their melee range.
    • ToJS add casts do not apply stacks that increase damage taken from additional casts.
    • Empowered Whirling Adds only have about 20k health so much easier to accidentally cleave kill them.

If anyone knows other changes please post and I'll update the list.

Edit: Adding some comments from the Mythic Garrosh Issues thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Garrosh is mega nerfed.

5:44 kill time(2 tank, 3 heal)
    P1 ended just as first engineer spawned
    P2 ended before 2nd mind control happened
    P3 ended before first Emp. Whirlwind was cast
    P4 ended when our Monk was still kiting Iron star

The hardest part was 1st transition healing, since we finished at like 14 energy on Garrosh so the smashing lasted for like 25 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollo View Post
    We killed garry yesterday
    The HP nerf made garrosh feel undertuned but it's as expected with this late in the tier. We were easily pushing 1 HP, no ToEs Transition, No hero.
    If anything, blizzard over did it with the HP nerf.. should go back up 6 mil hp. Might make pushing p3 before t2 a bit more of a challenge without hero.
    Also felt like iron star may have triggered during a non-clump-check. Will need to check on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Autchy View Post
    It is retardedly easy now. My guild just killed it in 6 mins 13 secs. 2 mindcontrols, the adds in the first intermission do not cast, can easily push to the last phase without hero, weapons dont hurt at all, ironstar damage is non-existant etc. Felt like doing LFR with HC gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    The mobs in the intermission behave the same way they behave in the heroic mode (i.e. former normal mode) of the encounter now.
    That means that the debuff you receive from getting hit doesn't stack and they will only cast if no one is in melee range when you engage them.

I wonder if that's an intentional change...
    Edit: Guild just finished it today. Wow, that was a joke compared to 5.4. We killed Siegecrafter before the first belt even finished running, Paragons were just killed based on which one was closest to last target and Garrosh we had down to nearly 85% after he healed to full but before the first vision occurred.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2014-10-17 at 02:44 AM.

We wiped on Norushen because literally the whole room had orbs that people can click. And oh boy did we click them! When I came out there were about 12 big adds up

Second pull was better.

Regarding Mythic: Everything leading up to Thok was a joke, especially Galakras and Spoils. They didn't even feel like encounters anymore.

On Mythic Thok: Seemed more difficult to transition him. We opened Blue (instead of green) and he seemed to spawn way more ice chambers than he did previously. Would probably recommend opening Green or Red.

Also, this:

http://www.twitch.tv/elslivestream/c/5304057

On Mythic SC: The tank mobs are actually much more difficult to kill than they were pre-6.0. The belt adds are likely able to be solo'd at this point. He has like negative HP now so we just burned him quickly and won.

On Mythic Paragons: Sonic projections move about as fast as old people fuck. Lots of stuff seemed a lot less deadly and the reduced HP of the bosses made pushing them an absolute joke. Line damage, however, seemed a bit overtuned (relative to the damage from the rest of the encounter).

Mythic Garrosh seems to have been nerfed into oblivion, though the encounter we did last night (before another round of nerfs earlier today) was moderately challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    We wiped on Norushen because literally the whole room had orbs that people can click. And oh boy did we click them! When I came out there were about 12 big adds up

Second pull was better.
    Don't recall how many spawned on 25 heroic in 5.4 but there were always more orbs up than we used at a single time so as to prevent spawning a ton of large adds.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Regarding Mythic: Everything leading up to Thok was a joke, especially Galakras and Spoils. They didn't even feel like encounters anymore.

On Mythic Thok: Seemed more difficult to transition him. We opened Blue (instead of green) and he seemed to spawn way more ice chambers than he did previously. Would probably recommend opening Green or Red.

Also, this:

http://www.twitch.tv/elslivestream/c/5304057

On Mythic SC: The tank mobs are actually much more difficult to kill than they were pre-6.0. The belt adds are likely able to be solo'd at this point. He has like negative HP now so we just burned him quickly and won.

On Mythic Paragons: Sonic projections move about as fast as old people fuck. Lots of stuff seemed a lot less deadly and the reduced HP of the bosses made pushing them an absolute joke. Line damage, however, seemed a bit overtuned (relative to the damage from the rest of the encounter).

Mythic Garrosh seems to have been nerfed into oblivion, though the encounter we did last night (before another round of nerfs earlier today) was moderately challenging.
    Thanks, adding this info to OP.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The entire instance has gotten the same mega-nerf as Garrosh since yesterday. Everything died in ~2 minutes in tonights raid.
    Last edited by Erihs; 2014-10-16 at 07:49 PM.

After comparing various logs for IJ and confirming with other bosses, it looks like there was a 30% blanket health nerf across the entire raid.

Damage done: 37 million

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

Damage done yesterday: 53.6 million

I lol'd.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2014-10-16 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    The entire instance has gotten the same mega-nerf as Garrosh since yesterday. Everything died in ~2 minutes in tonights raid.
    This. Just checked some numbers on WoL, looks like a 30% flat nerf to everything. Yesterday, Siegecrafter had 32.5 mio HP. Today, only 22.4 mio HP. We just got speed rankings on every boss and the whole instance is a joke now on Mythic. It was easier than on heroic yesterday.

Was this a stealth nerf or did I miss the patch notes? Haven't seen anything...

Deleted
    Just finished up SOO tonight, everything seems to have been gutted.

Thok died before he could summon bats.
    Siegecrafted we basicly just nuked down before he had a chance to use any of his abilities - apparently died in around 1min.
    Paragons we were doing "wrong" because things health was so low that some adds were dying out of order due to dots and cleave.
    Garrosh was dead before he could really use any mechanics, then I was surprised to find that even in this nerfed state he's still dropping 2 heroic mounts guaranteed.

Absolute joke - you can ignore everything's mechanics now. So much for item upgrades being the nerf mechanic.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2014-10-16 at 08:18 PM.

People who have raided during the previous expansions - have the nerfs always been so huge and noticable?
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

People who have raided during the previous expansions - have the nerfs always been so huge and noticable?
    Imo, nope.

DS was already at 30% when the 5.0 pre-patch hit. A lot of mechanics were weird, but damage and kill times were roughly the same (minus tanks, especially DKs, who became DPS Gods). The Cata pre-patch for ICC was also roughly the same, with a lot of weird mechanics. (You'd just reforge everything to your best stat, which was usually mastery.) I remember WotLK's pre-patch buffed the every living shit out of Ret Paladins. Very few guilds were full clearing endgame content at this point, but from what I remember it was very trivialized by the changes.

Regardless, these recent nerfs may be the largest Blizzard has done for current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    This. Just checked some numbers on WoL, looks like a 30% flat nerf to everything. Yesterday, Siegecrafter had 32.5 mio HP. Today, only 22.4 mio HP. We just got speed rankings on every boss and the whole instance is a joke now on Mythic. It was easier than on heroic yesterday.

Was this a stealth nerf or did I miss the patch notes? Haven't seen anything...
    Looks like tuning game wide on mobs 91-93, which includes raid bosses lol.
    Warcraft Logs ‏@WarcraftLogs Oct 15
    @WatcherDev The health values seem to be fluctuating on Mythic, which is really strange. Bug?
    Watcher ‏@WatcherDev Oct 15
    @WarcraftLogs There was a broad hotfix that reduced the health of level 91-93 creatures gamewide late yesterday. Probably that?

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    After comparing various logs for IJ and confirming with other bosses, it looks like there was a 30% blanket health nerf across the entire raid.

Damage done: 37 million

Damage done yesterday: 53.6 million

I lol'd.
    Good, our friday clear will be nice and fast then. can get back to bashing my head against a wall in league.

I'm not really sure why but it felt like the bosses from Immerseus to Dark Shamans felt relatively balanced in terms of how much health they have scaled to 20 man from 25... Then at General Nazgrim killing him as he hit Berserker stance for the first time in around a minute was a little ludicrous

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Just finished up SOO tonight, everything seems to have been gutted.

Thok died before he could summon bats.
    Siegecrafted we basicly just nuked down before he had a chance to use any of his abilities - apparently died in around 1min.
    Paragons we were doing "wrong" because things health was so low that some adds were dying out of order due to dots and cleave.
    Garrosh was dead before he could really use any mechanics, then I was surprised to find that even in this nerfed state he's still dropping 2 heroic mounts guaranteed.

Absolute joke - you can ignore everything's mechanics now. So much for item upgrades being the nerf mechanic.
    I can only add that seems like everything is solo tankable as its a serious joke. No real cd usage is needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysearia View Post
    I can only add that seems like everything is solo tankable as its a serious joke. No real cd usage is needed.
    I might be wrong, since frankly we could clear the place without paying attention, but pretty sure we solo tanked Siege and Garrosh. Imagine most of the stuff is doable too.

I remember the Firelands and Dragonsoul nerfs being pretty heavy handed, made things feel like normal mode.

This seems much worse though, it's stacked ontop of item upgrades already passively nerfing bosses and the mythic change / lack of balancing making things easy as is - on Wednesday pre-blanket nerf the instance already felt easier. As it is now it's a complete joke, it feels like LFR or Flex but without the poorly geared / unskilled pugs - everything melts and you don't seem to need to pay attention to mechanics, hell, bosses die so fast they often aren't getting to USE the mechanics because they're either dead or transitioning through phases at the speed of light.
    That and even the firelands nerf left Rag untouched.

I was liking MOP a lot because they weren't doing blanket nerfs, which I really disliked, though at least it's been helf off long enough that the content is essentially "done". Feels a bit weird that the Garrosh mounts are still guaranteed though, he's easier than he used to be on normal and they patched out the wolf mount, would have liked to see the mount have already gone to the 1-3% drop rate it's going to be in WOD if they're going to blanket nerf the instance this hard, as much as I'm sure saying so will attract "special snowflake" insults or other rubbish.

Deleted
    Basically the siege adjustments now is like the ds adjustments on hulk steroids.

Mythic is massively undertuned. Killing sc on the 4th belt, pushing garry to p3 after the 2nd whirl in p2, not needing iron star in p4 are some examples lol.

A few more days of this and heroic will be more challenging.

Looking forward trying this tomorrow. How different is Thok?