Shameless Promotion

At the risk of simply whining, I'm tired of really poor players on my team so I want to post a website that is helpful with guides and talent calculators and hope it helps people get better.

http://www.heroesfire.com/

Tons of useful information if you're new and don't know what to do! Check it out, learn and win more. Additionally I'm going to shamelessly self-promote my team-fight Zagara guide. (Up vote it a couple more times so it loses the new guide tag /shameless-self-promotion) Played right you can rock siege damage, hero damage AND be clutch in team fights with Maw. Just be careful cause you have the effective health of tissue paper.

http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guide...tle-zagara-177

15+ Year Old Account
    I am personally thinking about making my own guide for Brightwing and Abathur, any suggestions?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Im at 9.5k gold and buying Abathur next, I'll let you know. As far as brightwing I have never played so I can't recite talents. I know soothing rains was OP but im pretty sure it was nerfed a few patches ago? Playstyle is kind of like a healing version of abathur, you teleport to where you're needed and heal people up. Never underestimate the power of polymorph with the damage taken increase. Though if your team lacks reliable snares, you might pick the one that slows their move speed.

Her lack of burst healing is her problem compared to other healers, but her sustained healing, mobility and crowd control are all top notch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    Im at 9.5k gold and buying Abathur next, I'll let you know. As far as brightwing I have never played so I can't recite talents. I know soothing rains was OP but im pretty sure it was nerfed a few patches ago? Playstyle is kind of like a healing version of abathur, you teleport to where you're needed and heal people up. Never underestimate the power of polymorph with the damage taken increase. Though if your team lacks reliable snares, you might pick the one that slows their move speed.

Her lack of burst healing is her problem compared to other healers, but her sustained healing, mobility and crowd control are all top notch.
    I am more looking for tips on how to make a guide instead of how to play a hero...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Nothing to be ashamed of imo. I found heroesfire.com yesterday on my own and was very thankful for the fact that experienced players were typing out guides for the uninitiated. My gameplay improved immediately. Just remember to look at the up votes on different guides because while others are great, some are just downright awful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Nothing to be ashamed of imo. I found heroesfire.com yesterday on my own and was very thankful for the fact that experienced players were typing out guides for the uninitiated. My gameplay improved immediately. Just remember to look at the up votes on different guides because while others are great, some are just downright awful.
    There are not many guides, and I sujest looking at the update date, some might be old, so upvotes are not always the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    There are not many guides, and I sujest looking at the update date, some might be old, so upvotes are not always the best.
    Sure, although the guides that I looked tended to both be upvoted and recently updated. There was this one guide though, for abathur, which always showed up no matter which filters I used. That was pretty weird.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Sure, although the guides that I looked tended to both be upvoted and recently updated. There was this one guide though, for abathur, which always showed up no matter which filters I used. That was pretty weird.
    Playing Abathur? Let me give you a few tips. This guide is not too bad: http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/guide...ur-back-bro-64

It talent choices could be better though. I recomend grabbing Ballistospores on large maps, this is a very good talent, necessary on large maps if you play the way I do(ill explain it). Call Down: MULE is also a good talent to take if the opposing team is pushing hard, and I would say it is necessary on Blackwater(it heals buildings, so it slows down enemies push and makes them fire more coins if needed and gives you more room to nest), If you did not pick up Ballisto on this map you need this one(but if you did you might not need it, the range talent is a good one).

And Locust Brood is just so strong, this is how you are supposed to use it. You use it to get merc camps, throw your nest down(one of the reasons you want good nest location), and throw down some more nest over the area to act as wards so in case someone is coming you can either hide, try to teleport away or use your ultimate on someone(this on has a much faster cast time then teleport). But how you do it is hit one of the merc camps then throw down the Locust Brood then take control of one of them, you can solo knight and giant camps. You can even throw down another nest to another camp and get that one after that. WHen you hit level 16 as Abby you start to snowball, he could be the fastest jungler if you do it right. Try to kill the mage first. On one game on Bay, I was able to get both knight camps and used one of them and destroyed the top lane inhibitor(forgot what they called it) and then my knights were on the core, I forced to come back, it was glorious.

I also want to note some other tips for Nest. It is not only a ward, you can use it to get exp, it can be used to gain control/slow down a lane. Even a little damage will help you win a lane as long as no one else is killing the minions in that one(which it in itself gives vision). But one fo my favorites which no one has used yet, is that on the Cursed Hollow/Blackwater, you can place it under their feet and stop them from getting it if you place it at right time/place(assuming their teammates does not kill it), it will slow them down and give your team time to get together. It has so many uses, I have even killed people with it(they running back almost dead and bam run into it). You can use one in each lane to stop minions in the lane that have the curse on them.

For controlling lanes this is what I do, which ever lane I am in I tend to ignore, your Locust easily pushes that lane without help. The other lane you throw down your nest each a bit away from each other so they don't burst at the same time. And the last lane you use your symbiote and win that lane. While this is going down, don't forget to jump in team fights, you can be a game changer, some people are very bad and think they are truly out numbering you, but that is not true, we can be kill secures, life savers and the eyes of the team.

A few more trick I do is if anyone is chasing a teammate on a mount, damage him and he will dismount. Abathur has many great tricks like this. With his talents you have to know which one is best, what is needed, Feel the room. None of the talent builds is perfect(no matter what they say). Man I should write my own guide. >.>