Deleted

Is political correctness ruining (Western) societies?

Seems like PC is getting out of hand the last years and small, yet very vocal, groups of all sorts are making life on people left and right.
    Among with this there are a lot of things that are being "forced" upon society and creating the illusion that things are somehow different or suddenly accepted if we pretend it is.

Maybe it's because I'm a child of the 80's and I enjoyed a free world in which people didn't get offended by every little thing that they didn't like or maybe it's because I don't care AT ALL for a 100% political correct society but I do think that it's getting out of hand lately.

What do you guys think?

Deleted
    Erhm... Besides the few odd cases where somebody has been fired or something like that, who exactly have suffered from PC?

Outside the flickering screen of the internet, I am yet to see much evidence of this PC thing ruining anything.

No that is just a go to excuse from jerks, so that they can stay jerks. Just like "feminists are evil, so I can be a jerk to women!", "some men are rapists, so I can be a jerk to men!" and "he said something thats not pc, so we can now threaten to kill his family. Oh and be a jerk."

Just be nice to people. call people what they want to be called and tell the people, who want even more, to shut the fuck up.

Also holy "ruining society" hyperbole^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Yes, people are pussies nowadays and get offended by everything.

This thread again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    If you assume that how people act on Facebook and Twitter is how they actually act in real life, then yes, PC is ruining Western Society.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    In one word yes political correctness will destroy society it is already in progress..

I live in the supposed capital of political correctness, I can't say that I agree. I just think it's a response to PC-radicals, so all I see is two groups with a persecution complex.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

People love to be offended since they believe it gives them the high ground in any conflict, this is the problem and it needs to be drilled into the people: Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2...on-women-girls

FGM: more than 1,700 women and girls treated by NHS since April

Public health minister heralds data collection on female genital mutilation as ‘major milestone’ on road to ending FGM in the UK
    Only when you allow it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    small, yet very vocal, groups
    I think that is your problem right there.

In the real world I don't find PCness to be a massive issue nor do I believe I just happen to know people with tremendously thick skin. This offended culture is a product of mental masturbation IMO.