Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Futon View Post
    It seems to me that Survival will be the PVP spec. Though I really wish it had an offensive cooldown and kill shot. 50% reduced cooldown on traps and the overwhelming need to constantly kite and not be casting seems like survival is built for that now.
    Seriously? I have seen a rogue almost outhealing with recuperate a surv hunter on LIVE where everyone has small health pools. Surv hunters have 0 burst and their steady damage is terrible, eventually any opponent who has decent self heals will just grind you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Seriously? I have seen a rogue almost outhealing with recuperate a surv hunter on LIVE where everyone has small health pools. Surv hunters have 0 burst and their steady damage is terrible, eventually any opponent who has decent self heals will just grind you down.
    I'm sorry I thought we were talking about what will be the pvp spec at level 100. By design it seems blizzard wants survival to be the pvp spec. The perks point towards pvp not pve. Is it ready yet? Probably not. I think we'll go survival because I don't think we'll be using freezing trap as often as we used to because we're going to need frost traps for kiting. Wyvern sting will replace what freezing trap used to be. That's just how it feels right now, i'll have to wait till 100 to really know.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

It seems to me that Survival will be the PVP spec. Though I really wish it had an offensive cooldown and kill shot. 50% reduced cooldown on traps and the overwhelming need to constantly kite and not be casting seems like survival is built for that now.
    Marks will be better than Surv if I had to guess. Survival has no burst, which immediately hurts it in a PvP situation. 50% reduced trap CD isn't that important when you realize your traps will all start DRing with themselves at that point, and kiting kind of depends on what exactly you're doing.

I'd imagine MM will be king, unless something changes drastically. BM is too pet reliant and also just kind of all around bad, and Survivals lack of burst puts it far behind in a game revolved around killing people in specific windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Healing is way out of control at 90 right now. It's not just a survival thing. Put MM against a healer and you'll see that a healer outheals your damage anyway. Heck, doesn't even need to be a healer. Feral druids and sometimes even Ret Paladins can outheal your damage and kill you before you can kill them.

I tried Survival and MM and to be honest MM is much better than Survival.
    I thought MM is ruined because it doesn't have Arcane Shot now, but I was wrong, it's still pretty good.
    Getting Sniper Training (MM's mastery) is easier than most people think - sometime I get it without noticing, and the damage is insane IMO.
    MM master spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebayo View Post
    I tried Survival and MM and to be honest MM is much better than Survival.
    I thought MM is ruined because it doesn't have Arcane Shot now, but I was wrong, it's still pretty good.
    Getting Sniper Training (MM's mastery) is easier than most people think - sometime I get it without noticing, and the damage is insane IMO.
    MM master spec.
    I gave up on trying to keep Sniper Training up. Yes, sometimes I get it, but that only means that no enemy is paying attention to me, which is their mistake. Once an enemy perceives you, keeping Sniper Training up is almost impossible.

The best tactic against a MM hunter is to attack it without pause. Melee opponents dancing around you are even able to make you miss some Aimed Shot, and even ranged opponents with good CC or self-healing can outdamage you because you lack any defensive abilities. Best survival tactic for a Hunter (including MM) is to CC and run away.

You guys keep comparing your damage right now to what it will be at 100 and it doesn't work that way. How its playing right now is not how its going to play at 100. You're forgetting about perks, versatility and how the other classes play. That being said from a design stand point it seems blizzard wants survival to be the PVP spec. I'm not sure how that will work but all instant attacks with mass kiting ability seems like it could play out well.

Marks will be balanced around standing still and casting which is just not that reliable in pvp. Also chamaera now hits 2 targets which could be an issue for cc. And it has no spammable instants which also hurts pvp. Everyone keeps saying survival doesn't do enough damage but blizzard always gets those things tweaked and fixed, it's more about the design of the specs.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

You guys keep comparing your damage right now to what it will be at 100 and it doesn't work that way. How its playing right now is not how its going to play at 100. You're forgetting about perks, versatility and how the other classes play.
    Also, people right now have end-of-expansion gear, with tons of stats. At 100 we will have far less Crit, Haste, Mastery and so.

And since Survival benefits alot from both Multistrike and versatility compared to MM and BM..

Right this moment i like SV the best, bias towards that spec though since i have always loved it. The 1 thing that hurts me the most from SV pov is not being able to force proc lock and load. This used to cause so much pressure with healers in CC chains. I do enjoy the lack of kill shot and spec specific cd but it can get frustrating trying to finish some 1 off, but healing is all out of whack anyway.

You might like Survival for PVP since you can just dot things and sort of run away. Of course, it's weak with no CD or execute too. BM is solid for single target burst. I really wouldn't like MM unless you can super turret mode and hide well. And of course, I wouldn't pvp till 100 with leveling perks unless you like inducing yourself into a rage coma.