Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    So hate me all you want fellow disc priests. If you have any sense about you and love this class/spec, then you will agree with me when I say this spell needs to be nerfed dramatically...I will die of boredom and sheer embarrassment that I am literally spamming one button the entire raid. A 4 year old could do this and be great at it. So you say to just use other healing spells instead? It is hard to when that stupid button is always there awaiting my ferocious beating. Knowing that it will rise me to the top of the charts in no time. Here are some screenshots of a normal SOO Garrosh I did last night, where I suggested the raid stay stacked the entire fight. I know this is kind of a perfect fight for the holy nova spam but every other fight is the same, topping charts dramatically...

Now if there is some explanation like maybe this is intended for now and will change as the raids come out and we progress to 100...but for now I am terribly bored of my priest. In dungeons I will challenge myself and NOT use nova once..I still do fine of course because our mana is now infinite, which is another really strange and not so fun change...I have been a disc/holy priest for over 5 years now and I know this is the beginning of a huge patch/xpac and the whole number crunch change was a must, but if this is how disc is going to be from now on then I will happily play another spec/char. And to be honest in dungeons when I do not use nova, it is actually pretty fun, other then the infinite mana, I still can retain some disc healing styles from MoP, I can still get in some atonement healing etc...

I am 559 ilvl, so nothing special, yet you see what I'm talking about:

^^Yes I did throw on the legendary mace before fight and blanketed the raid with the shield proc with nova

Your Shaman and resto druids suck they should pull way better hps than that and your also guaging the best fight for disc as the whole raids stacked 90% of the time.

Deleted
    Yes i know it's broken at 90 etc but...

I did HC garrosh the other day, didn't get it on the screenshot but it was something like

50% DA
    35% Nova
    10% PWS
    5% others

I just find it a bit funny that it's so easy to top the meters by literally just spamming one button.

(sorry about the huge picture, meter is over on the bottom right)

Last edited by mmoc1b009d603f; 2014-10-24 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    So hate me all you want fellow disc priests. If you have any sense about you and love this class/spec, then you will agree with me when I say this spell needs to be nerfed dramatically...I will die of boredom and sheer embarrassment that I am literally spamming one button the entire raid. A 4 year old could do this and be great at it. So you say to just use other healing spells instead? It is hard to when that stupid button is always there awaiting my ferocious beating. Knowing that it will rise me to the top of the charts in no time. Here are some screenshots of a normal SOO Garrosh I did last night, where I suggested the raid stay stacked the entire fight. I know this is kind of a perfect fight for the holy nova spam but every other fight is the same, topping charts dramatically...

Now if there is some explanation like maybe this is intended for now and will change as the raids come out and we progress to 100...but for now I am terribly bored of my priest. In dungeons I will challenge myself and NOT use nova once..I still do fine of course because our mana is now infinite, which is another really strange and not so fun change...I have been a disc/holy priest for over 5 years now and I know this is the beginning of a huge patch/xpac and the whole number crunch change was a must, but if this is how disc is going to be from now on then I will happily play another spec/char. And to be honest in dungeons when I do not use nova, it is actually pretty fun, other then the infinite mana, I still can retain some disc healing styles from MoP, I can still get in some atonement healing etc...

I am 559 ilvl, so nothing special, yet you see what I'm talking about:

^^Yes I did throw on the legendary mace before fight and blanketed the raid with the shield proc with nova
    Yea I agree a hybrid dps should never be on top of the meter when only spamming one button even if they outgear everyone else.... Damn hybrids!!

Deleted
    I've never been to mythic garrosh before, or ex-heroic, and I ranked first. I didn't have to do anything other than holy nova, divine star (if I cared), pw:s spam on spreads or on the dying.

But for that reason alone the analysis of it is a joke. When something needs no skill to be played. It will probably be nerfed too.

But a big problem here is also that HN is wrecked when spreading and at 100 mana issues will make pw:s spam unviable.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even bother using star when everyone were stacked up, it pales in comparison to nova spam.

HN doesn't need to be nerfed. At 100 it's nowhere near as OP as it currently is at 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroshema View Post
    i am a 589 disc and this most certainly works and it is more effective that poh anyday. don't believe me? look up my namesake, Hiroshema-Thunderhorn. start using the dps meta for lower gcd and only stack aa as much as u need to for 2 set crit bonus
    poh is double the healing, with high haste, from 4set and meta gem + power infusion and the fact that poh gets 10% crit extra from enlightenment, you can burst much higher DAs with poh than HN any day. You just cant spam it or use it effectivly if people are too spread and the raid groups arent made for your use.

Pretty sad that Divine Star is worthless now cause Holy Nova spam.

Deleted
    Yep. Who had the idea a ball with a repetitive noise around a player is more fun than elegant positioning and choice of tier 6? The toddler of a dev?

The game, including abilities is designed around Level 100, we're Level 90. Things are going to get weird. It's nothing to worry about. It will be when we're at Level 100 and this is still the case, but lets wait and see if that happens.

Deleted
    We don't have to wait. People are playing the Beta. And we can read the spells of 100.

I like mmo champion forums.

going into a solo healable encounter that has been nerved to oblivion

4 heals, one of them is an absorb healer.

Calling the absorb healer op.

Call the other 3 healers shit.

and yeah. the disc didnt even play tops, he could have absorbed even more dmg, if he played ideal, with the other healers having even more boredom. And every single healer in this group could have solo healed the encounter with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    We don't have to wait. People are playing the Beta. And we can read the spells of 100.
    The Beta doesn't reflect the entire expansion to come. Level 100 Holy Nova may act and behave very differently now, compared to how it does when it goes live, and in future patches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    The Beta doesn't reflect the entire expansion to come.

Neither your unsubstanciated beliefs. You have no proof it's going to be great. So stop pretending you know.

And before you claim a lie, quoting you:

It's nothing to worry about.

Neither your unsubstanciated beliefs.
    I've seen how it works on the Beta, it's powerful but nothing like it is on Live. I suppose that doesn't count though ...

You have no proof it's going to be great. So stop pretending you know.
    I'm not claiming it's going to be great, I'm claiming it's not going to replace all the Healers on your team ... What, are you looking to start an argument or something?

And before you claim a lie, quoting you:
    It's nothing to worry about. If it's over-powered it'll be fixed, if it's powerful, that's not an issue. Someone has to be on top, everyone can't be a winner...

Deleted
    ^ You imply your feedback is useless. Keep that to yourself. Blizzard themselves ask for feedback.

So the whole "it will be fixed, do nothing approach" is not just subjective.

It's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    What, are you looking to start an argument or something?
    Seeing as he was previously banned for trolling/shitposting and starting arguments with people on this subforum, I'd say yes.

Holy Nova is tuned for level 100, which Fateswarm has obviously not played, if he's ranting about it being too powerful. It's good, but not "OP and needs nerf nao!!!!!!" like some make it out to be.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-10-25 at 01:49 PM.

Do you know what gear scaling is? No you apparently don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubble View Post
    First off, if all you're doing is spamming Holy Nova, then you're playing the spec incorrectly. You should be weaving PW:Shields in there, as well as a few Penance/Smite/Holy Fire casts to gain AA and proc your 2pc/4pc, assuming you have them. Also, if you were doing Mythic raiding (again, assuming you're not based on your ilevel.) Just Holy Nova spamming, wouldn't cut it. There are only a few fights where the raid would be stacked up enough to make Holy Nova spam effective.

TL;DR - Tuning is done for level 100, not 90, and most of us vastly outgear the content with it's current nerfs. You'll only be OP for 3-4 more weeks. If you can't handle the game play right now because it bores you, then roll another class for the next 3-4 weeks. Otherwise, accept it, quit QQ'ing. They're not likely to make any changes to appease the few people who are upset about 3-4 weeks of raiding.
    actually 1 fight in mythic where holy nova spam is awesome is thok...... but that is only because of the interupt. but even then you weave in holy fire to get AA rolling.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

My initial impression is your shaman healer is weak. Conductivity+chain heal spam should have them at a competitive level of healing. Also, come back at 100 when mana matters :P I can't OOM no matter how hard I try.
    Is this where the header goes?