Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Yes, another mistake was actually replying to this thread where the argument is shifting almost constantly. Which is why I've since deleted it.

I'm quite fond of the idea though that time and effort is better spent arguing with people who want to see change instead of airing grievances in a place where they might actually be able to change something...
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-10-29 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Yes, another mistake was actually replying to this thread where the argument is shifting almost constantly. Which is why I've since deleted it.
    you have to remember disc was OP and broken for almost 2 yrs, nothing on beta shows any change to this.

blizzard didn't even listen to feedback regarding healing. mythic geared healing at 100 is going to be more cancerous than disc ever was in late ToT/SoO

Deleted
    I'll hazard a last reply. Discipline is powerful because of the healing model and damage patterns. It can't be brought in line until this is resolved. I don't think targeted complaints from a healer of another class against a class they don't play and see as doing do well is going to be beneficial for changing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    you have to remember disc was OP and broken for almost 2 yrs, nothing on beta shows any change to this.

blizzard didn't even listen to feedback regarding healing. mythic geared healing at 100 is going to be more cancerous than disc ever was in late ToT/SoO
    They did listen, unfortunately, and they made the exact same mistake as the last time it happend: They gutted the spec to a point where there were not options left to make it viable in every situation without becoming op.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They did listen, unfortunately, and they made the exact same mistake as the last time it happend: They gutted the spec to a point where there were not options left to make it viable in every situation without becoming op.
    they can make disc competitive without making it completely broken.

even if disc did 20%~ less HPS than every other healer it would still get taken because absorbs on progress are really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    they can make disc competitive without making it completely broken.

even if disc did 20%~ less HPS than every other healer it would still get taken because absorbs on progress are really strong.
    History tells us they cannot.
    Maths tells us why (it gets harder), but I will not repeat that argument here again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes just showing off his epeen. But it is op i been leveling a lock an every disc priest out dps me in aoe with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerstbal View Post
    It's almost as if one spec predominantly healing through absorbs is absurd and has ruined the healing environment for over a year.
    100% this. It has absolutely nothing to do with power level and everything to do with absorbs being not fun for every other healer.

Given players sit at 100% HP so often, in a perfect power balance of Disc vs other healers, Disc metered healing has to be so much higher because DA snipes irrelevant healing that would easily be healed otherwise. Simply not fun for other healers.

Please stop hoping that Blizzard just nerfs absorbs to be even in metered healing, its not going to happen and shouldn't happen. Change your complaints to design issues with absorbs, which might actually accomplish your intended goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    Discipline is powerful because of the healing model and damage patterns. It can't be brought in line until this is resolved.
    It can be brought in line by changing disc into a spec that does 20% or so of its healing through absorbs, rather than 70% or whatever they're currently doing. This isn't actually going to happen, but neither is anything else anyone suggests to blizzard.

Ty for this thread, I probably wouldn't have even noticed holy nova until WoD if not for it. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerstbal View Post
    It can be brought in line by changing disc into a spec that does 20% or so of its healing through absorbs, rather than 70% or whatever they're currently doing. This isn't actually going to happen, but neither is anything else anyone suggests to blizzard.
    There was an option for a niche that wasn't so focused on absorbs but that went out the window when people started complaining about Atonement being too strong, which it never was outside of gimmick fights, and marginal DPS gains. Of course, when other healers were offered the opportunity to add DPS via the active regeneration model a good number seemed to go in a huff and start claiming that a healer shouldn't be DPSing.

The mess we are in now is, ironically, the result of people complaining voraciously about uncapped L90s (nerfed in WoD), Atonement (nerfed in WoD) and being offered equitable DPS roles (active regeneration). The result of that basically leaves three spells for Discipline for which its healing can be tuned without having a major impact on, or resulting similarity with, Holy and without evoking complaints of a healer bringing too much DPS. Of those spells, two are shields and one is a spammable AoE which can easily generate shields due to the number of targets hit per cast time.

I don't think moving more of Discipline's absorbs to healing works for the same reason that nerfing Discipline in SoO wouldn't have helped the representation of Holy. It would just put more onus on the remaining absorb healer option. It also doesn't fix the mechanical issues with Discipline. A change in the way that damage occurs relative to health pools is still the best way to balance healers or failing that a complete redesign of both Discipline and Paladins.

Its a tricky situation for sure and I wouldn't like to be in the position of the developers trying to get things working and balanced. The easiest fix is probably reducing Grace back to 15 to 20% and hoping that doesn't lead to Discipline being too weak in 5 man content.
    Last edited by mmocbb91367365; 2014-10-30 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thychiz View Post
    Ty for this thread, I probably wouldn't have even noticed holy nova until WoD if not for it. :3
    How can you have missed this fantastically overpowered spell? It's almost... Blasphemy!

On the actual topic: It's retarded now, but from what I've heard it's decent at best at 100, which makes it fine. We've only got like, what, 2 more weeks of Mythic SoO to go anyway.

Maybe I'm crazy here, but if you're that unhappy with disc, you DO understand there's another healing spec, right?

Holy Nova is fine.

Until the Holy Nova bug is fixed and it's removed from holy priests, then Holy Nova will need to be nerfed into the ground.