Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Regarding Mountacular

Hey all, is anyone else noticing any issues with the mount tracking on the 250 mount, Mountacular? It's got me listed as having 237 mounts, but the achievement tracker itself is only counting 230. Am I missing something?
    Thank you to Serrin for the signature!
    PC Stuffs: i7-4790K | Z97X-SLI | 16GB DDR3-1866 | GTX-780 | 256GB Samsung EVO | 1TB WD Blue | SuperNOVA 650 Gold | Fractal r4 Blackout | Dark Rock Pro 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Maybe the Mount tracker lists opposite Faction Mounts which do not count.
    It is this.

Tracker has me at 289 but in fact I only have 239 towards the mount

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    You need to be able to use 250 mounts on the char you log onto. just like if you log on a pala / warlock the number will go up by 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    You need to be able to use 250 mounts on the char you log onto. just like if you log on a pala / warlock the number will go up by 2.
    No, you don't. It counts mounts such as the Paladin one's when you log onto the Paladin and keeps them counted even if you log onto another character. It just doesn't count mounts "twice". So if you have the Orgrimmar and Stormwind mounts the mount tab will count both, the achievment wont.

Deleted
    T Man is right, when my Hunter was listed at 148 Mounts I switched over to my Death Knight, and immediately got the 150 achievement for the two DK exclusive Mounts.

And yeah, the mount tab is currently counting opposite faction mounts, which do not count to the achievement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    No, you don't. It counts mounts such as the Paladin one's when you log onto the Paladin and keeps them counted even if you log onto another character. It just doesn't count mounts "twice". So if you have the Orgrimmar and Stormwind mounts the mount tab will count both, the achievment wont.
    This is untrue. The achievement will only count one set of Class mounts globally, even if you have all three classes. So if you have both Warlock mounts they will count for all your characters, but if you also have two Death Knight mounts they won't count as another two mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    This is untrue. The achievement will only count one set of Class mounts globally, even if you have all three classes. So if you have both Warlock mounts they will count for all your characters, but if you also have two Death Knight mounts they won't count as another two mounts.
    This is more about character specific mounts such as the PvP mounts, if I log onto my Shaman it counts them, if I log onto my Paladin after the counter goes up by several more. Therefore you don't have to be logged in on the character that has these mounts after logging onto them once. I'd like to know at which point I even mentioned "another set of class mounts", pease do not put words into my mouth, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this correct? I'm currently at 198/200; I have both DK mounts, but never rolled a pally or lock. I figured an easy way to get to 200 would be to get both a pally and a lock to 20 for their first mount as I had heard that they counted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    Is this correct? I'm currently at 198/200; I have both DK mounts, but never rolled a pally or lock. I figured an easy way to get to 200 would be to get both a pally and a lock to 20 for their first mount as I had heard that they counted.
    its not true, at least its certainly never been true for me. When you log onto a character with class mounts, theyll bring the achivement up to how many mounts THEY can ride, as they have 2 more than characters without mounts, but they still only have as many as any other class with class mounts (except paladins, who i think can get a third one?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have all profession mounts and all class mounts. They only can add up to three new mounts on your toon. That's it. If you have a Tailor - and have made all three carpets (profession only mount) you are "capped" as it were to gaining mount slots. I have a 90 lock, dk, pally, and druid (cause you know - just in case) as well as all professions that can provide mounts: tailoring, Engineering, Jewel crafting, Alchemy (cause you know- just in case). I logged on my main toon and was showing 250 mounts, but 249 for the achievement. I subsequently logged onto my tailor - who is also my lock...though the mount total was now 253 - I am still 249 for achieve. This seems to point at the comments that Shedi posted are spot on. I should get my last AT mount tonight - I am hoping that will be the achieve-earning mount! Good luck all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    I have all profession mounts and all class mounts. They only can add up to three new mounts on your toon. That's it. If you have a Tailor - and have made all three carpets (profession only mount) you are "capped" as it were to gaining mount slots. I have a 90 lock, dk, pally, and druid (cause you know - just in case) as well as all professions that can provide mounts: tailoring, Engineering, Jewel crafting, Alchemy (cause you know- just in case). I logged on my main toon and was showing 250 mounts, but 249 for the achievement. I subsequently logged onto my tailor - who is also my lock...though the mount total was now 253 - I am still 249 for achieve. This seems to point at the comments that Shedi posted are spot on. I should get my last AT mount tonight - I am hoping that will be the achieve-earning mount! Good luck all!
    For me it does count both the Tailoring and the Engineering mounts. That's because those were already in the journal pre 6.0 for all characters, and they have always counted for all characters. It's just the class mounts and faction specific mounts that don't increase your achievement counter twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it does count both the Tailoring and the Engineering mounts. That's because those were already in the journal pre 6.0 for all characters, and they have always counted for all characters. It's just the class mounts and faction specific mounts that don't increase your achievement counter twice.
    Ah, that's a shame. I've already started leveling the Pally though, and its pretty quick at those low levels, so I may just get him to 20 anyway to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh - oh well. I got my last AT mount and and zipping around on my fel hawk! Goooood bye Argent!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelDamage View Post
    its not true, at least its certainly never been true for me. When you log onto a character with class mounts, theyll bring the achivement up to how many mounts THEY can ride, as they have 2 more than characters without mounts, but they still only have as many as any other class with class mounts (except paladins, who i think can get a third one?)
    Actually if they are Tauren paladins they can get 4 class mounts. (The normal 2 for leveling, the argent tournament pally only mount, and the Tauren pally only mount)

Quote Originally Posted by Silversorrow View Post
    Actually if they are Tauren paladins they can get 4 class mounts. (The normal 2 for leveling, the argent tournament pally only mount, and the Tauren pally only mount)
    My draenei pally has no horse paladin mounts. Only Elekks

Ah, that's a shame. I've already started leveling the Pally though, and its pretty quick at those low levels, so I may just get him to 20 anyway to see.
    If you're willing to grind the Argent Tournament one last time you'll be able to get the third Class specific mount for Paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you're willing to grind the Argent Tournament one last time you'll be able to get the third Class specific mount for Paladins.
    I'm willing to level the Pally to 20 to see if the mount counts for me. I'm not willing to level the Pally to 80 and then do all the AT stuff again :P I've done AT twice on my main (once Horde, then again Alliance) and that one extra mount is personally not at all worth the time involved in doing all of that.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to level the Pally to 20 to see if the mount counts for me. I'm not willing to level the Pally to 80 and then do all the AT stuff again :P I've done AT twice on my main (once Horde, then again Alliance) and that one extra mount is personally not at all worth the time involved in doing all of that.
    I have noticed something odd about Pallies and the Argent Charger vs Argent Warhorse. When I am on my Alliance pally, it shows him having the Pally-unique Argent mount, but the NON-Pally version doesn't show up in his list. If I log to any other class, the NON-Pally version shows up, but I can't see the Pally version.

Yet when I go to Dame whatsherface that sells the mounts on my Pally, it shows that both are learned.

And yes, I farmed up the 100 Champion Seals twice, one set for each of the mounts, so I purchased them both, so don't understand why my Pally can't ride the generic one as well as the Pally version.

A bit confused on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The profession mounts have always been counted for characters without the professions. The class only mounts only count toward that particular character. I don't know about PvP mounts, but paladin mounts are not account wide. I have three class mounts for the paladin - charger, epic charger, argent charter. Shows me at 222. Warlock is at 221 cause she only has two class mounts. It was the same way with the CM phoenixes before they went account wide.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I have noticed something odd about Pallies and the Argent Charger vs Argent Warhorse. When I am on my Alliance pally, it shows him having the Pally-unique Argent mount, but the NON-Pally version doesn't show up in his list. If I log to any other class, the NON-Pally version shows up, but I can't see the Pally version.

Yet when I go to Dame whatsherface that sells the mounts on my Pally, it shows that both are learned.

And yes, I farmed up the 100 Champion Seals twice, one set for each of the mounts, so I purchased them both, so don't understand why my Pally can't ride the generic one as well as the Pally version.

A bit confused on that one.
    Only explanations I can think of are that the non-Paladin one requires a minimum reputation to use (faction transfer recently?) or Blizzard didn't like Paladins having 3 class mounts so made the Paladin-only mount identical to the non-Paladin mount for mount total purposes.