Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    You need to be able to use 250 mounts on the char you log onto. just like if you log on a pala / warlock the number will go up by 2.
    I tried to squish the bug in your signature.

I'm gonna level a paladin (and then grind AT for the third mount). Is there any Alliance race that can get the 4th mount or is that Tauren exclusive ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naplam View Post
    Hey all, is anyone else noticing any issues with the mount tracking on the 250 mount, Mountacular? It's got me listed as having 237 mounts, but the achievement tracker itself is only counting 230. Am I missing something?

It's bugged.
    It takes a few days to update sometimes.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you're willing to grind the Argent Tournament one last time you'll be able to get the third Class specific mount for Paladins.
    Does alliances mounts count toward to it or it's shared with horde/alliances faction??

Nvm just google'd it D:
    Last edited by Thirstblood; 2015-01-29 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anathaema View Post
    I'm gonna level a paladin (and then grind AT for the third mount). Is there any Alliance race that can get the 4th mount or is that Tauren exclusive ?
    One, nice necro :P

Secondly having a paladin or anything doesn't "boost" your mount total for the achievement, only for that toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    It's bugged.
    While I know your quote was a few days old, it's kind of relevant. The number listed in the journal is not what the achievement reads. It only goes by usable mounts for that particular toon. The journal shows total mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    Does alliances mounts count toward to it or it's shared with horde/alliances faction??
    Again, it counts for your mount total in the journal but not​ for the achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a clusterfuck of confusion.

If I have 3 paladin mounts on one character
    and 2 warlock only mounts on another character
    2 dk mounts

I should have 7 mounts for the achievement. At least that is how it should be. IRght now I can only get to 3 right?

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post

2 dk mounts

I should have 7 mounts for the achievement. At least that is how it should be. IRght now I can only get to 3 right?
    Yes, it's always been that way because it goes by usable mounts. So it'll register your highest character. So in this case it would count 3 for your paladin.

If your paladin is a tailor / engineer then you can make the profession only mounts and increase it a bit more.

Profession only mounts count even if a given char cant use them - my paly doesnt have eng/tailo and both flying machines and all 3 carpets colunt to the total (they were learned on other chars that have the responding proffesion).

2 dk mounts

Yes it works that way - only one (the highest - so paly) is being counted (BUT you have to log on this specific char for the counter to go up - f.e. you have 149 mounts on paly, so 148 on dk but 149 in the achie, on dk you get onyxia, your counter stays at 149, but if you log on ur pally youll get an achie for 150 mounts)

Quote Originally Posted by Toore View Post
    Profession only mounts count even if a given char cant use them - my paly doesnt have eng/tailo and both flying machines and all 3 carpets colunt to the total (they were learned on other chars that have the responding proffesion).
    Are you positive? Because I have Engineering on one two and have both flying copters and on my tailor have I think 2 of the carpets yet when I log on my paladin who has the 2 paladin mounts the counter doesn't increase and stays at the +2 range because all of them have 2 special mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Are you positive? Because I have Engineering on one two and have both flying copters and on my tailor have I think 2 of the carpets yet when I log on my paladin who has the 2 paladin mounts the counter doesn't increase and stays at the +2 range because all of them have 2 special mounts.
    My druid (which has no profession mounts) is currently at 184, just 2 less than my warlock tailor with all 4 carpets.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2015-01-30 at 03:40 PM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    My druid (which has no profession mounts) is currently at 184, just 2 less than my warlock tailor with all 4 carpets.
    Yeah, that would be because it counts both forms of flight forms in that case. So you would have the 4-2 = 2 less mounts scenario. I know most forget about the flight forms in this case since they aren't listed in the books. While Monks have the ability to ride on a cloud, I don't think it counts since it's not officially a mount since it doesn't receive the correct speeds you normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    It's bugged.
    Fuck you..... that is all
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like it should be fixed to include "Usable" mounts on your account. None of this other BS.

And yes that means we need more Mount collection achievements added into the game. Perhaps one for 300 and 350 to compensate the influx of other faction mounts.

EDIT: With that said, which class has the most mounts and which two professions has them most? That would be the most efficient way to get most out of your exclusive mounts right?
    Last edited by zEmini; 2015-01-30 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Sounds to me like it should be fixed to include "Usable" mounts on your account. None of this other BS.

And yes that means we need more Mount collection achievements added into the game. Perhaps one for 300 and 350 to compensate the influx of other faction mounts.

EDIT: With that said, which class has the most mounts and which two professions has them most? That would be the most efficient way to get most out of your exclusive mounts right?
    Engineer / Tailoring are only two with profession only mounts. Then Paladins have 2, warlocks have 2, druids have 2. I think that's it class wise.

Yep. I got 243 on my hunter but by Goblin Lock has 245. Probably from the free bike they gave, and the trikes or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Yep. I got 243 on my hunter but by Goblin Lock has 245. Probably from the free bike they gave, and the trikes or something.
    The two extra are because you are a lock. The two goblin mounts equate to the two mounts your hunter has

So to maximse mounts you would have a pally for a +3.

Have we figured out if professions only count if you have the profession?
    If so, a Pally Tailor/Engineer is the way to go.

Deleted
    Yeah, that would be because it counts both forms of flight forms in that case. So you would have the 4-2 = 2 less mounts scenario. I know most forget about the flight forms in this case since they aren't listed in the books. While Monks have the ability to ride on a cloud, I don't think it counts since it's not officially a mount since it doesn't receive the correct speeds you normally would.
    Actually, the profession mounts count for everyone even if you don't have the profession. The druid flight form certainly does not count as a mount, it's just a spell (same for the monk cloud). You can see this because the profession mounts will be in the journal of all your characters, while the class mounts can only be seen by the proper character.

To give my characters as an example:
    My monk has 271 mounts without Engineering
    My paladin has Engineering and shows at 276 mounts. The 5 extra are the Warhorse, Charger, Argent Charger, Vicious War Steed and Vicious War Saber. All of these 5 mounts can't be found in my monk's journal.

You can compare the profession mounts to the AQ mounts, they are just mounts you have but there are restrictions on using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    Actually, the profession mounts count for everyone even if you don't have the profession. The druid flight form certainly does not count as a mount, it's just a spell (same for the monk cloud). You can see this because the profession mounts will be in the journal of all your characters, while the class mounts can only be seen by the proper character.

To give my characters as an example:
    My monk has 271 mounts without Engineering
    My paladin has Engineering and shows at 276 mounts. The 5 extra are the Warhorse, Charger, Argent Charger, Vicious War Steed and Vicious War Saber. All of these 5 mounts can't be found in my monk's journal.

You can compare the profession mounts to the AQ mounts, they are just mounts you have but there are restrictions on using them.
    Class mounts won't ever be seen as it's something that class can't ever use. Just because it's listed does not mean it counts for the achievement total. Reason being is the alliance mounts would count in this case and definitely don't. Yet they are seen in any of my Horde's journal. I went through the PTR and Live and counted up all the mounts. The total in the achievement pane matches the highest amount my toon can use which is 5 (3 carpets + 2 lock mounts). I counted several times and I couldn't get the 2 additional engineering mounts, 2 paladin mounts, 2 DK mounts to add to the total.

Also, to use yours as an example, the achievement you are seeing is Account Bound and not character specific. So the total you are seeing on your mount in the achievement pane corresponds with your Paladin. I wish it did count every single mount listed in your book as I have 228 out of 196 my achievement shows.

Deleted
    Class mounts won't ever be seen as it's something that class can't ever use. Just because it's listed does not mean it counts for the achievement total. Reason being is the alliance mounts would count in this case and definitely don't. Yet they are seen in any of my Horde's journal. I went through the PTR and Live and counted up all the mounts. The total in the achievement pane matches the highest amount my toon can use which is 5 (3 carpets + 2 lock mounts). I counted several times and I couldn't get the 2 additional engineering mounts, 2 paladin mounts, 2 DK mounts to add to the total.

Also, to use yours as an example, the achievement you are seeing is Account Bound and not character specific. So the total you are seeing on your mount in the achievement pane corresponds with your Paladin. I wish it did count every single mount listed in your book as I have 228 out of 196 my achievement shows.
    I am looking at the mount tracking number, not the number shown in my journal. The profession mounts have always counted for the mount achievements regardless of you having the profession or not. Just because Blizzard dorked up the mount journal by adding cross-faction nonsense doesn't mean they suddenly stopped counting.

I know this because back in Wrath for 100 mount achievement I was stuck on 98 on my paladin, leveled tailoring on an alt for the carpets and then got the achievement on my paladin.