Deleted

UH Dk priority in 6.0

Hi, got a simple question. I've never used Blood Tap as Unholy before, but I figured I might aswell start getting used to it to stop holding myself back, my question is: Now that diseases don't snapshot, is it worth using FeS over Scourge Strike if I'm sitting on 1 Frost and 1 Death rune (or vise versa for a Blood and Death rune)? It bothers me that sometimes I just sit on one rune which is a pre-req to use FeS while I have no Blood Runes or Frost runes.

Also, I see that RC sims higher than BT, is that true in practise? I haven't seen a single person run RC as of thus far.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2014-10-18 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadwraith View Post
    Hi, got a simple question. I've never used Blood Tap as Unholy before, but I figured I might aswell start getting used to it to stop holding myself back, my question is: Now that diseases don't snapshot, is it worth using FeS over Scourge Strike if I'm sitting on 1 Frost and 1 Death rune (or vise versa for a Blood and Death rune)? It bothers me that sometimes I just sit on one rune which is a pre-req to use FeS while I have no Blood Runes or Frost runes.
    I would only festering if you have the blood and frost rune for it, I wouldn't waste a death rune on it.

If you do your rotation properly, you won't have an issue with this. However, if you burn a death rune on a festering, you'll end up trying to play catch up to get a blood/frost rune to come back together.

I just recently went Unholy, and when I was first messing around with it, I ran into issues with double frost runes because I was trying to do what you're suggesting. I was also ignoring BT/HoW because I hadn't keybound them as Unholy when I first started. However, after getting my rotation in order and using HoW/BT properly, things run very smoothly now, especially in a raiding environment.

TL : DR, do not spend death runes on festering. It took me a bit to get the Unholy "flow" down to avoid shooting myself in the foot since I had never been Unholy before, but once you get it, it's pretty smooth and even more fun and effective than Frost (assuming you have the proper gear for Unholy).
    Last edited by Comp; 2014-10-18 at 02:28 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. Been hitting a dummy for the past 10 mins trying what you've said and at most I'm sitting on 1 Frost Rune for a few seconds now, definitely feels a lot smoother. Cheers!

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. Been hitting a dummy for the past 10 mins trying what you've said and at most I'm sitting on 1 Frost Rune for a few seconds now, definitely feels a lot smoother. Cheers!
    Glad to help. You should find it even more enjoyable in a raid environment with the proper buffs... Oh, and trying to burn insane number of death runes during Lust haha

Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post

I was also ignoring BT/HoW because I hadn't keybound them as Unholy when I first started. However, after getting my rotation in order and using HoW/BT properly, things run very smoothly now, especially in a raiding environment.
    You should be ignoring HoW (assuming you mean Horn of Winter) completely now, its just a buff button and doesnt grant us RP, so pressing it is wasting a GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    You should be ignoring HoW (assuming you mean Horn of Winter) completely now, its just a buff button and doesnt grant us RP, so pressing it is wasting a GCD.
    You are correct, that was my fingers typing too fast. Thank you for clearing that up.

i think that's the right place for my question...
    At which number of targets do i start to use Blood Boil for my death runes?

Quote Originally Posted by Erestron View Post
    i think that's the right place for my question...
    At which number of targets do i start to use Blood Boil for my death runes?
    2+ targets

Also, I see that RC sims higher than BT, is that true in practise? I haven't seen a single person run RC as of thus far.
    Do you mean the Myrhic tier 17 sims giving it better results then BT or in SoO? I know for T17 RC is better if you have the 4 set, and BT is better if you don't have the 4 set.

I have always used RC out of personal preference, you only break rune sets if you really mess up the rotation with it and as such never end up with frost or blood runes being broken away from a non death rune counterpart.

Deleted
    Yeah, RC sims higher, but probably not a lot, so feel free to use BT or RC, just play with the one you're the most confortable with. I prefer using RC, when I was frost I was using RE, and it was nice, but not really fun to use, but when I switched to UH and used RC, oh man, it felt so good to see RC proc and see ALL YOUR RUNES COMING UP SO FAST MAN. I tried BT, and yeah, the "control" part is great, but it's not as good as the feeling of RC for me.