Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Yeah, so hilarious that you have nothing else to say besides simply dismissing it. You're a fucking retard.

Infracted.
    Do you work for Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    Do you work for Blizzard?
    Yeh, I'm a head dev and make millions a year

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    uh... you contradict yourself. removing something from SV and calling it differentiation IS bad. Yes, it's different, but it gimps the class and doesn't give the SV hunter any other new capability to compensate.
    Which is what I originally said. They removed a lot of spells and didn't add anything in return.

Removing spells for the sake of differentiation isn't bad when said removed spells were the cause of the homogenization in the first place. In that case it makes perfect sense to remove such spells from specs where it didn't fit mechanically/thematically and limit it to one spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

hunters are with these buffs still far behind.

im wondering why the lv 100 sims show something complete different (mm@top4). i dont get it.

can someone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhokz View Post

im wondering why the lv 100 sims show something complete different (mm@top4). i dont get it.

can someone explain?
    Not far behind.

can someone explain?
    Level 100 talents? Tier bonuses?

all other classes get their talents and bonuses aswell...

why the huge difference between 90 and 100?

Deleted
    all other classes get their talents and bonuses aswell...

why the huge difference between 90 and 100?
    MM perks are pretty strong compared to the ones from other classes.

But the key point is.. Scaling. T17 is on entry gear, low ammount of each stat, classes relay more on their primary stats than secondaries when those are so low. As long as you get gear and your stats get inflated, better designed classes with better mechanics start to break up over the shallow ones because they take more advantage of each stat (example in hunters: SV hunters just get more crit chance from critical strike, while MM also gets more focus from Crits. The same stat has bigger value for one spec than other, this can be applied to every class) than poorly designed ones.

with current tunning, late WoD balance (full t18 mythic, legendary ring, all possible upgrades) will mostly look like current t90 6.0.2, imho balance
    Last edited by mmoc2c179830db; 2014-10-22 at 01:30 PM.

can someone explain?
    No they aren't. I don't care about level 100. Anyone that does, at this point, is just looking for something to whine about.

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...-10-20-14.html

Good enough to me. We might even be a little bit too strong with these buffs..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    MM perks are pretty strong compared to the ones from other classes.

But the key point is.. Scaling. T17 is on entry gear, low ammount of each stat, classes relay more on their primary stats than secondaries when those are so low. As long as you get gear and your stats get inflated, better designed classes with better mechanics start to break up over the shallow ones because they take more advantage of each stat (example in hunters: SV hunters just get more crit chance from critical strike, while MM also gets more focus from Crits. The same stat has bigger value for one spec than other, this can be applied to every class) than poorly designed ones.

with current tunning, late WoD balance (full t18 mythic, legendary ring, all possible upgrades) will mostly look like current t90 6.0.2, imho balance
    The problem with this is that we're strong... when the expansion is over. I'd rather be slightly less strong at the end but stronger at the beginning and in the middle.

The problem with this is that we're strong... when the expansion is over. I'd rather be slightly less strong at the end but stronger at the beginning and in the middle.
    That is how we were for a long time which was why we got nerfs at the start or middle of a new expansion. We were strong at first but tapered off once everyone got gear. I would rather be strong after earning it than just strong off the bat and then drop down in dps ranks at end gear.

Deleted
    my point was quite the opposite. We are strong at the beggining of expansions, then we fall behind due to scaling, until new buffs come. If there were no balance changes during the expansion, we would probably be dead last in WoD bis gear :/

Well they have changed all the ability scaling stuff quite a lot (no basedamage, everything Weapondmg/AP based). Maybe that changes stuff.
    And MM is actually not that bad off in terms of secondary stat scaling.
    SV for example has just crit giving 1:1 damage, haste being weak due to lot of instants and a mastery that is about 70% of the value it should have. (and the Multistrike interaction gone...)
    MM on the other hand gets more than just 1:1 damage from crit (Aimed focus return, additional damage from mastery), haste is valuable as you hardcast a lot, and the mastery is okey. (could also use a small tweak numberwise I think)
    I think MM will do fine. SV is still the problem child of our family...

Well the buffs certainly "feel" a lot better to a mid-level casual (548 ilvl) such as myself. My first unofficial test running LFR with friends last night and I was #1 in damage done on all but 2 of the fights where I came in 2nd behind a Warlock and Mage respectively. This is about where I was prior to the 6.0.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...-10-20-14.html

Good enough to me. We might even be a little bit too strong with these buffs..
    The sim shows you nearly at the top so now you're pleased? Seriously?

Oh, hunter community.

Why does their continue to be such a disparity between top and bottom of the dps classes? Looks like they over-nerfed Warlocks, Fire mage and Fury Warrior

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vultarok View Post
    Why does their continue to be such a disparity between top and bottom of the dps classes? Looks like they over-nerfed Warlocks, Fire mage and Fury Warrior
    they're still ranking top 10 on every boss

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The sim shows you nearly at the top so now you're pleased? Seriously?

Oh, hunter community.
    Because my response wasn't aimed at someone telling everyone that we are doing badly, nope. And as I said, we might be a little bit too strong with these buffs. Survival seems in an okayish spot to me though, even a little bit too high for true balance for my taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisui-kun View Post
    Because my response wasn't aimed at someone telling everyone that we are doing badly, nope. And as I said, we might be a little bit too strong with these buffs. Survival seems in an okayish spot to me though, even a little bit too high for true balance for my taste.
    Their point was that hunters tend to say "well *I* do OK in my raid/on sims so therefore there's not a problem!@!!" It's the class version of "everyone must be like me".

Look, the DPS should all be bunched more closely so there's not such a disparity between the top and the bottom. If that was the case most raids could and would take whatever classes they had, with player skill determining most of that. I'd argue that pure DPS should be *slightly* higher than hybrid simply because it's the only role those players can fill but a) it's really hard to maintain that gap without the gap become so big that no one wants hybrid DPS and b) if the top to bottom difference was minor it wouldn't really matter.