Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by duvai View Post
    Because yesterday I definitely wasn't finishing the Gunship encounter before it even started. Quite easy to assume that they had gone through. Nothing has changed as far as hunter damage goes, so I guess they haven't been implemented yet. Sorry to jump the gun so quick.
    Just clearing things up, no offense intended and shit happens.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcin the Hunter View Post
    Looks like I'm going to be ranking this weekend.

#joysofweekendraiding

actually the hotfix isnt till tuesday boss man, says so at the top and rygarius confirmed tuesday. So one more week, but you will probably be ranking against the other hunters anyways you know

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    actually the hotfix isnt till tuesday boss man, says so at the top and rygarius confirmed tuesday. So one more week, but you will probably be ranking against the other hunters anyways you know
    The earliest scheduled restart is tuesday. The hotfixes are applied whenever the servers are restarted so it is possible they will be live on different servers at different times.

How exactly is that?
    Requires a realm restart

The only ones that say [Require a realm restart.] in front on them are the instance changes if you look at the notes on the front page. I'm not so knowledgeable on how hotfixes work but I was under the impression every hotfix doesn't require a realm restart
    not everyone does, but as they confirmed on twitter it won't take effect till the restart which is scheduled for tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    You know something is way off when you have to buff a move by 80% I mean really.
    Tuning is an on-going process and they have a lot on their plate. Remember, the game has been developed for Level 100, not Level 90, so the lack of stats (Versatility and such) as well as their scaling has caused issues.

People need to keep that in mind. These changes are to make the next month bearable, it's likely these buffs might be reduced, removed or altered depending on how things go once we get to Level 100.

The only ones that say [Require a realm restart.] in front on them are the instance changes if you look at the notes on the front page. I'm not so knowledgeable on how hotfixes work but I was under the impression every hotfix doesn't require a realm restart
    Class Balancing

Note: All class balancing changes below will require a realm restart to take effect.

Deleted
    I want Azortharion to give us the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Nextiqt View Post
    I want Azortharion to give us the numbers
    ... Why? Your damage has been buffed by about 15%. Give or take 1% (while no buff to autoshot, the bigger-than-15% buff to pets should offset that to a decent degree). No real numbers to deal with. Just do *1.15 to whatever you already did.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had guildies mention the gunship dying instantly thing before these buffs were even announced, so pretty sure the two are unrelated.

So Team Hunter party? Bring each and every server down!

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Finally!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Tuning is an on-going process and they have a lot on their plate. Remember, the game has been developed for Level 100, not Level 90, so the lack of stats (Versatility and such) as well as their scaling has caused issues.

People need to keep that in mind. These changes are to make the next month bearable, it's likely these buffs might be reduced, removed or altered depending on how things go once we get to Level 100.
    Lack of 4 percent damage maybe from versatility which is going to be a garbage stat anyway does not equal 80% so please spare me that bs. The fact is they blew it and are trying to compensate with all these buffs. You don't buff literally every single offensive spell if something isn't wrong. I'm sorry. Something went wrong and this is the quick fix. It still doesn't solve the other issues that hunters have. For example the pitiful spec that is survival . Which is the same spec as last expac minus an execute and any cd. The game changing aspect to make that spec feel different. It's embarrassing. Literally one day they got together and said okay let's hear suggestions to make survival better / different. And the end result is the same spec minus a cooldown and an execute. That's lazy bullshit and no one cares because there's one good spec so who cares right.
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2014-10-18 at 05:31 AM.

Am I the only one who was more worried about how the specs play rather than the damage they do? Damage is something they will always fix, but if this is how the specs are going to play from now on... that makes me sad.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futon View Post
    Am I the only one who was more worried about how the specs play rather than the damage they do? Damage is something they will always fix, but if this is how the specs are going to play from now on... that makes me sad.
    This guy gets it

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post

Actually no, these changes are for beta as well. Infact these changes are for beta first, check the notes carefully for every classes some of them are buffs to level 100s talents. Something we only have access at level cap. The number changes are actually for who is under/over performing on beta if you actually followed it. Its however not a coincidence hunter does tank level dps on live (they do the same at 100 DUH).

Biggest question right now is, will it be enough?

You might all be super excited by us getting a buff, but last I checked we were 30-40% behind mages/warriors/warlocks. I know they got the nurfbat, but was it really swong hard enough?
    Last edited by Nelle; 2014-10-18 at 05:49 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

I agree that marks feels really dumb to play right now but there will be some stuff from lvling perks and then gear will alter the playstyle in terms of haste and all that.

But it does kind of feel incomplete. It feels like blizz is projecting the specs will play well instead of knowing they will. This is the biggest problem with blizz starting with cata. They roll out a battery of changes with a new xpac and most of them fall flat on their face. They get their shit together just as the 2nd tier is ending and people have already quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Biggest question right is, will it be enough?
    BM is still doing garbage damage. MM is doing well but the problem with MM was never the damage but the painful mechanics. I am going to try Survival tonight but I am not holding my breath in anticipation of it suddenly being viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Biggest question right is, will it be enough?

You might all be super excited by us getting a buff, but last I checked we were 30-40% behind mages/warriors/warlocks. I know they got the nurfbat, but was it really swong hard enough?
    I just don't want to feel embarrassed in raids. I don't need to compete for top 5 dps at the end of the xpac. MoP saw hunters buffed and nerfed and talents completely redesigned all in the first tier. This isn't even the beginning.