Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Trouble soloing Yogg no light 25

I'm having trouble soloing Yogg. I have just one little issue that if I can get past I have no doubt I can finish soloing it. The Constrictor tentacles. I can't seem to attack one once it has me. I can heal myself and in rare moments where there are other tentacles around me I can hit them, but I keep getting told that I'm not facing the one that's holding me and killing me. I have this horrible feeling I need to run it on a pet class to take care of it but I'm hoping someone has other suggestions.

I'm trying to kill him on a balance druid.

you need to kill it with some form of aoe, starfall should work, dunno if you can use hurricane.

Switch to cat form and thrash them.

Mushrooms should work too! I know that stuff like Death and Decay works, why not mushrooms? Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Try having a charge of Starfall ready to go off every time one of those tentacles grabs you; that worked for me a couple days ago, and the tentacle would simply die after 3-4 seconds.

P.S. I'm not sure if it still works after the re-tuning Blizz has been doing to old dungeons, but I guess it's worth a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need a point blank aoe. Swipe, Trash, erm, Starfall would work I suppose.

Haven't played balance for a while but the constrictors will come from directly under you, so if you're not moving, you can pre-place some mushrooms.

As said above, try astral storm/hurricane, not sure if you can channel though, you might get a tick off.

Whelp I feel right stupid :P So many ideas I hadn't thought of! Thanks a lot everyone. Let you know how it turns out for me.

Any suggestions for a combat rogue? We've lost fan of knives, so no AoE beyond blade flurry

edit - thank I managed to use shuriken toss, but it took about 4 minutes to get something off

edit 2 - figured out what happened, I used toss on another tentacle and triggered my cloak proc. Pain in the arse either way.
    Last edited by EviForums; 2014-10-18 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not still have Crimson Tempest? Make sure to always keep a few combo points to use that. I had to do the same on my Paladin, keep a few Holy Power to Divine Storm out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Mushrooms should work too! I know that stuff like Death and Decay works, why not mushrooms? Good luck!
    Mushrooms don't do damage anymore, so that doesn't work. However, starfall works fine.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused. We're talking about the tentacles that picks you up? I dunno about melee, but range can target and kill their own. No AE necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    As melee you get an error that you're not facing the target, I imagine ranged would have a similar issue. Even constantly spinning my camera (and hopefully character) with right click doesn't allow me to face it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    I'm confused. We're talking about the tentacles that picks you up? I dunno about melee, but range can target and kill their own. No AE necessary.
    The Constrictor Tentacles have to be killed with an ability that doesn't require your character to look directly at the tentacle as, when you get grabbed, you are not facing the tentacle. Generally all AoE is like this, though some DoTs fulfill this roll too.

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    Any suggestions for a combat rogue? We've lost fan of knives, so no AoE beyond blade flurry

edit - thank I managed to use shuriken toss, but it took about 4 minutes to get something off

edit 2 - figured out what happened, I used toss on another tentacle and triggered my cloak proc. Pain in the arse either way.
    An easier way would be speccing into Marked For Death, and MFD the constrictors (you can MFD every tentacles actually) followed by Crimson Tempest. My Rogue alt 5CP CT killed them on the initial hit at 586ilvl, so it should only takes a few more ticks at most on lower gear lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post

Imo just respec to assasination. FOK nukes tentacles within 1-2 casts.
    Alternatively, dont think there is much you can do without FOK - perhaps build points on another tentacle and use crimson tempest?
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    I'm having trouble soloing Yogg. I have just one little issue that if I can get past I have no doubt I can finish soloing it. The Constrictor tentacles. I can't seem to attack one once it has me. I can heal myself and in rare moments where there are other tentacles around me I can hit them, but I keep getting told that I'm not facing the one that's holding me and killing me. I have this horrible feeling I need to run it on a pet class to take care of it but I'm hoping someone has other suggestions.

I'm trying to kill him on a balance druid.
    Just use hurricane / astral storm
    Did that when i used to solo it, and with shrooms but they dont do dmg anymore i believe?
    Works to channel during the grip

Has anyone tried it as a protection Paladin? I have one around 560 ilvl, just wondering if it's dps output would still be good enough.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Been soloing 0-light Yogg for a while now, and I have never been able to directly attack the constrictors. Only aoe was able to kill them.

Since the patch I decided to take my lesser geared elemental shaman in there, as well. The only thing I could reliable kill the tentacles with was earthquake. Fortunately, I was able to cast the earthquakes on the ground even while the tentacle was flailing me around, so I imagine a druid can channel hurricane at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Has anyone tried it as a protection Paladin? I have one around 560 ilvl, just wondering if it's dps output would still be good enough.
    I don't think a prot pally should have a problem. As a tank, you may want to just run up to a crusher and hit it with white attacks until the brain portal comes up. If a crusher is actively attacking you, constrictors won't pick you up. If you do get picked up as you go to enter a portal, just bubble it off. After you push Yogg through 30%, a tank can run around cleaning up tentacles without having to worry so much about the guardians' damage. DPS shouldn't be an issue after that (especially in post-6.0 world).

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a cake walk for my Destro lock in terms of killing the Constrictors and taking little-to-no damage thanks to Ember Tabs and Soul link.

I thought it would be a cake walk on my Elem shaman, but NOOOO apparently I'm squishier than my Lock (I swear my Lock wasn't taking nearly as much damage as my shaman does).
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    It was a cake walk for my Destro lock in terms of killing the Constrictors and taking little-to-no damage thanks to Ember Tabs and Soul link.

I thought it would be a cake walk on my Elem shaman, but NOOOO apparently I'm squishier than my Lock (I swear my Lock wasn't taking nearly as much damage as my shaman does).
    Soul Link heals you for 3% of the damage you deal, and with the inflated dps in old raids, you get a LOT of healing from it.