Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That game will fall in the same category with Postal, Manhunt and a bunch of others. "Might be fun to play a bit and blow off steam or whatever ... but I would probably be bored after 30mins." > then the same guy (me) goes around killing thousands and thousands of things (also people) in other games. Difference being, those other games also had other actual content, besides killing things.

I did play most GTAs though. Usually I just end up causing as much destruction as I can for a couple of days, then actually play the storyline for a while, then trail off for whatever reason. Never finished one, for which I'm mildly ashamed. One "gory" game I have quite liked to play is Sniper Elite 2. I just wish someone would make an axis version of it. Killing nothing but germans gets old.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Deleted

Edgy try-hard horseshit. Did a 12 year old write that dialogue?

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    That game will fall in the same category with Postal, Manhunt and a bunch of others. "Might be fun to play a bit and blow off steam or whatever ... but I would probably be bored after 30mins." > then the same guy (me) goes around killing thousands and thousands of things (also people) in other games. Difference being, those other games also had other actual content, besides killing things.

I did play most GTAs though. Usually I just end up causing as much destruction as I can for a couple of days, then actually play the storyline for a while, then trail off for whatever reason. Never finished one, for which I'm mildly ashamed. One "gory" game I have quite liked to play is Sniper Elite 2. I just wish someone would make an axis version of it. Killing nothing but germans gets old.
    Indeed, I have the same "problem" with GTA games, never finished one, played them for so god damn many hours though. Usually me and my brothers went about killing people and see how long we could survive with 6 stars.
    Loved the good old GTA 2 or what ever it was, where you was watching from bird view. And I would set up huge chain reactions with cars, and blow up a whole street.

But are we sure there will be absolutely no content except killing people in this game? I haven't really searched about to find out anything about it, but I do have a feeling I will buy it just to test it, and it will collect dust among all my other games on Steam with about 30 minutes played...
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    this is what Tim Buckley wrote with that page:
    (And for the record, I think Tim is a douche, but truth needs defending)
    Good read, basically what I've been saying all along.

Also; people you're completely missing the point of the comic. It's not defending Hatred... /facepalm
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2014-11-03 at 09:35 AM.

Just heard about this game for the first time when it was announced it's being released onto Steam. So one of the reasons and motivations why the developers made this game was political correctness? Lol wow. I admit, the gameplay and graphic looks awesome, but I think the subject matter is enough to push me away from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Anarchist View Post
    This whole discussion is all too similar to Anita Sarkeesian's reasoning as to why video games are sexist. Even the same arguments are used by both sides to defend the state of video games as they are, or to accuse them of being wrong. So no thanks, if video games aren't sexist then Hatred can't be considered as being something evil either.
    You are correct. Video games aren't sexist nor are they evil.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

so, you're basically one of the columbine shooters in this, right? or that guy that shot up the theater at the batman movie?

that's pretty damn disgusting.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The idea of a game about a cold killer who doesn't give a crap about who/what he kills is not exactly an intelligent one.

But still, it's just a game. You can do the same thing in a lot - and I mean - A LOT of other games.

"But Mr. Momentanius, in Hatred killing others is the main aspect of the game". - Well, true. I give you that. But my opinion doesn't change. It's a game, and you can do the same thing in GTA, Elder Scrolls, Assassin's Creed, and so on. All of them are beloved franchises by us, gamers.

But hey, that's just a opinion. A forum opinion. Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Momentanius View Post
    The idea of a game about a cold killer who doesn't give a crap about who/what he kills is not exactly an intelligent one.

But still, it's just a game. You can do the same thing in a lot - and I mean - A LOT of other games.

"But Mr. Momentanius, in Hatred killing others is the main aspect of the game". - Well, true. I give you that. But my opinion doesn't change. It's a game, and you can do the same thing in GTA, Elder Scrolls, Assassin's Creed, and so on. All of them are beloved franchises by us, gamers.

But hey, that's just a opinion. A forum opinion. Thanks for reading.
    Exactly this, all the way back in GTA when you played it from bird view I have been running around shooting people with bazookas, setting up car chains and exploding them etc. I have never finished a GTA game, pretty much because I ended up with "Hm, how long can I survive with 5 stars?" playstyle.
    Same with Assassins Creed, Skyrim and all other games, I end up roaming around killing stuff when I get bored of the main quest line.

The only difference with Hatred is that now that "killing time stuff" you do in other games is the main thing to do.
    And I honestly don't understand why people got that much against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Exactly this, all the way back in GTA when you played it from bird view I have been running around shooting people with bazookas, setting up car chains and exploding them etc. I have never finished a GTA game, pretty much because I ended up with "Hm, how long can I survive with 5 stars?" playstyle.
    Same with Assassins Creed, Skyrim and all other games, I end up roaming around killing stuff when I get bored of the main quest line.

The only difference with Hatred is that now that "killing time stuff" you do in other games is the main thing to do.
    And I honestly don't understand why people got that much against it.
    Since then games evolved quite a bit and there has almost been humor involved with it and plenty of satire. Even carmageddon had a light undertone and was made over the top.

The problem people have with this is that, it's too close to reality, there's no satire, no humor, it's just a psychopath on a "kill as much before they kill me" mission.
    The setting is setup as a simulator of a deranged person, that's the big difference between the other games other games you see it's fantasy/Parody or at least fictional in GTA case.

What we have seen so far here it's well just kill things, preferably pregnant women by the looks of how they want to fight a war on political correctness, the undertone also worries me considering the political ideologies the creators have been linked with. It wouldn't surprise me if you got more points for killing a colored person.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Postal 2 gets an expansion, nobody cares. Hatred barely gets greenlit, the world goes tits up about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Postal 2 gets an expansion, nobody cares. Hatred barely gets greenlit, the world goes tits up about it.
    Postal has a good amount of humor, dark humor but humor non the less in in it, something this game lacks sadly.
    It also is very obvious you're in a fictional world, especially in the second postal the first no so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    What we have seen so far here it's well just kill things, preferably pregnant women by the looks of how they want to fight a war on political correctness, the undertone also worries me considering the political ideologies the creators have been linked with. It wouldn't surprise me if you got more points for killing a colored person.
    Despite the vulgar natures of the game and the, as you say, "war on political correctness", I've seen nothing to indicate that either of the bolded bits are intended or implied.

Postal has a good amount of humor, dark humor but humor non the less in in it, something this game lacks sadly.
    It also is very obvious you're in a fictional world, especially in the second postal the first no so much.
    And all the humor is bad, that's the point. It's actually what you say Hatred is, a war on political correctness. Like, that's one of the biggest points of Postal. Hell, the DLC directly takes a lot of direct jabs at real people and events.

Dunno, I'm not waiting for this game, for me hatred is a bit dull, I'd like to play manhunt 3 though. Manhunt series is a masterpiece

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Despite the vulgar natures of the game and the, as you say, "war on political correctness", I've seen nothing to indicate that either of the bolded bits are intended or implied.

And all the humor is bad, that's the point. It's actually what you say Hatred is, a war on political correctness. Like, that's one of the biggest points of Postal. Hell, the DLC directly takes a lot of direct jabs at real people and events.
    I still find the setting postal 2 create to instantly let you know you are not in the real world you're in some twisted alternated reality, since the first things you see is people in gimp suits at the local supermarket. That for me creates a difference with this product.

I believe pregnant women killing was in but i'm not sure i'll have to do some digging. The colored person remark was their supposed link to extreme right groups. I grew up with polish people so i kinda know what that facebook group stands for and yeah i can see that happening. Read his explanation why he follows that group and think about it the response. If that's where he gets his news from what picture does that paint of a person?

The colored person remark was their supposed link to extreme right groups.
    Last I remember checking, it was some salty folks who alleged that because they didn't like the game/developer and it spread with little fact checking from various media. The devs soundly rejected that and beyond a one dev liking one extremist right wing Facebook page (OH THE HORROR!), there haven't been any direct ties established.

Read his explanation why he follows that group and think about it the response. If that's where he gets his news from what picture does that paint of a person?
    Some of his news, not all of it. Again, I'm not taking a single Facebook page like as the sole definition of an individuals character. Trying to define a person by a single data point, much less a whole studio based off of a few individual data points about a few individual developers, is silly. I mean, if we were to do that then we could easily smear and define just about anyone and everyone online who has said or done something that can be viewed as "objectionable" or "wrong" at one point or another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we have to disagree on that, i find a person admitting that their main source of information comes from a rather far right wing inspired news group and speaking of real evils in this world. I do find that he's speaking of that especially knowing how polish people generally look at foreigners of that nature.

It's to me like saying a person who gets most of his news by watching Fox isn't a conservative.

The problem people have with this is that, it's too close to reality, there's no satire, no humor, it's just a psychopath on a "kill as much before they kill me" mission.
    So mass murder in games is fine as you make a joke of it? I'm not 100% sure that's better.

Well we have to disagree on that, i find a person admitting that their main source of information comes from a rather far right wing inspired news group and speaking of real evils in this world. I do find that he's speaking of that especially knowing how polish people generally look at foreigners of that nature.
    Are you assuming his xenophobia based on your own xenophobia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    So mass murder in games is fine as you make a joke of it? I'm not 100% sure that's better.

Are you assuming his xenophobia based on your own xenophobia?
    As long it's a alternate universe, it's fictional or a parody yes. This game selling point is that it is a psychopath simulator.

I'm not xenophobic, i hate people that may or may not be from a different background based on their actions never their background, i'm assuming xenophobia based on what i know of people that visit their home country yearly and the facebook group he follows and even admits to use for his main source of world news and information.

Since that site is the polish version of groups like this https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anti-...04201582969970 , you can hardly say "i use that for my main source of information to inform me about the middle east and the greater evils in this world" and not make the connection.