Running 2 monitors...

So my video card blows it's pretty average for today's games and it's just manages to make do for bf4 on low settings.

I have another monitor now a friend gave he didn't need. I want to hook it up and use it as a second screen for lulz. But does having 2 screens running mean it's gonna put stress on the video card? I don't want to get shit frames while playing.

1080p

7870OC 2GB

If its only for browsing/desktop stuff then no its not noticeable. Make sure you run games at Windowed Fullscreen though, your mouse wont hover over the other monitor if you are running a fullscreen game on primary monitor

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it will put more stress on your video card. No, it's not really something you notice. That said, you could always just run your other screen off of the integrated graphics chip, if you're that concerned. I myself run 3 screens off a GTX 580.

Deleted
    been running 2 monitors on my 7850 for nearly 3 years now, Noproblemzz

Deleted
    It depends what you use it for. If your framerate is already kinda bad just make sure you're not doing anything too intensive on the second monitor while playing games.

Quote Originally Posted by SyrupyJustice View Post
    It depends what you use it for. If your framerate is already kinda bad just make sure you're not doing anything too intensive on the second monitor while playing games.
    What you mean by intensive? Do you mean like a second game or watching video or something?

I'd probably just use it for viewing stuff really like websites.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post
    What you mean by intensive? Do you mean like a second game or watching video or something?

Basically you would be having to run some kind of 3d application on your 2nd monitor to really register a performance hit. Movies and desktop things like that - really no impact.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGreen View Post

Watching video files has no impact as long as you are not using a GPU intensive decoder like MadVR.

I switch to VLC when im gaming while watching, because there is a microstutter on videos while gaming if im using MPC+MadVR.