Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not boring in a sense that I get to hear my friend get incredibly butt hurt about Chimera Shot and Kill Shot in PvP when he is up against a Hunter. He thinks they are way, way, way too overpowered and I just try to keep a straight face.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I enjoy MM atm. Time will tell with Survival and Multistrike.

First of all, I am a long time fan of survival, and one of the very few that were actually playing it in wotlk. The old SV version of Sniper Training is imo superior to this new MM mastery and I'm sad they didn't reimplement it. Basically you needed to stand still for 6 seconds to get the buff and it then lasted 15 seconds, which gave u a 9 sec window to move.

BM has become more fun to play after the patch. It makes sense to remove rapid fire since it already has focus fire and BW which is enough CDs rly. Serpent sting didn't really fit the spec either so Im glad to see it gone.

SV has become a big bore with no kill shot and absolutely no CD whatsoever. LnL is def not enough to keep its rotation interesting.

MM has potential, but the removal of arcane shot makes the rotation very very clunky. With a focus pool of 100 the only way to dump excess focus is a 50 focus cost 2 sec cast ability. And with that we need to make sure to never cap focus, but at the same time always have enough to cast AmoC, chimaera, barrage/glaive toss on CD. It's very unsmooth.

Deleted
    I like it, its just enough buttons for me to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    First of all, I am a long time fan of survival, and one of the very few that were actually playing it in wotlk. The old SV version of Sniper Training is imo superior to this new MM mastery and I'm sad they didn't reimplement it. Basically you needed to stand still for 6 seconds to get the buff and it then lasted 15 seconds, which gave u a 9 sec window to move.

BM has become more fun to play after the patch. It makes sense to remove rapid fire since it already has focus fire and BW which is enough CDs rly. Serpent sting didn't really fit the spec either so Im glad to see it gone.

SV has become a big bore with no kill shot and absolutely no CD whatsoever. LnL is def not enough to keep its rotation interesting.

MM has potential, but the removal of arcane shot makes the rotation very very clunky. With a focus pool of 100 the only way to dump excess focus is a 50 focus cost 2 sec cast ability. And with that we need to make sure to never cap focus, but at the same time always have enough to cast AmoC, chimaera, barrage/glaive toss on CD. It's very unsmooth.
    I can agree with everything you are saying but lets admit it, spamming Arcane Shot as a dump/filler isn't all exciting either.

In a raid, Sniper Training scales very well too.

Maybe I'm a rare duck or something, Aimed Shot /w Thrill of the Hunt doesn't make it so bad.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2014-10-18 at 02:14 PM.

It's fairly enjoyable for things that have more health, Sniper Training is what the whole spec is based around now.. and the whole "no instant cast filler" just means you don't go spam low-health adds.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

It hit me so hard when I played in Beta...

MM Hunter is basically a caster that can move, but if you do you are penalized by 6-10% damage... =[

Still gonna play MM over SV/BM though

So many wrath baby's good lord what has the world come to.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    any class/spec can be summed up that way...

it's little things like focus management, cd stacking, maximizing signature shots, that make any Hunter spec for me
    MM lost a proc that they build up to and a cooldown.
    The spec was already incredibly basic, and it was made even simpler, like most specs in the game.

At least with some specs you have to manage things. For MM (and Hunters in general) you just use your shots on-cooldown and spam steady/cobra when focus runs low.
    It's a really sad state for the game to be in, and people are going to defend it. Ugh.

needs arcane shot
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    MM lost a proc that they build up to and a cooldown.
    The spec was already incredibly basic, and it was made even simpler, like most specs in the game.

At least with some specs you have to manage things. For MM (and Hunters in general) you just use your shots on-cooldown and spam steady/cobra when focus runs low.
    It's a really sad state for the game to be in, and people are going to defend it. Ugh.
    There is always Wildstar /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    There is always Wildstar /sarcasm
    I'm enjoying FFXIV--SE seems to trust the players to manage more than a 3-4 button DPS cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by NutellaCrepe View Post
    It hit me so hard when I played in Beta...

MM Hunter is basically a caster that can move, but if you do you are penalized by 6-10% damage... =[

Still gonna play MM over SV/BM though
    Except that the effective DPS penalty for poor ST uptime is actually more in the 3% range.

I like not having an 8-10 spell opening rotation. I also don't see a problem with needing to be stationary to do maximum dps. Takes more skill to move when necessary and quickly enough to not drop your buff. Make better use of your disengage, maybe take the tier 1 talent post haste if movement is still an issue. And ultimately if you feel the need to move 85% of the time you are fighting, perhaps you should reroll melee.

On a side note. Blizz's attempt to make BM and SV more viable seemingly failed since all specs across the board got a 15% damage increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltairus View Post
    It's not bad, my biggest gripe about current MM spec is the lack of an instant shot that isn't on CD :\

Yes thats what I was referring to in this thread. For me MM would be decent if it still had arcane shot or something similar. But aside from chimera shot (which is on a CD and pretty costly in terms of resources) there is nothing dynamic. Its too static and thats why I don't see MM being a serious spec for pvp considering how important it is to be able to create pressure rapidly. Otherwise its just like being an elemental shaman trying something with a warrior stomping his casts
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2014-10-18 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Yes thats what I was referring to in this thread. For me MM would be decent if it still had arcane shot or something similar. But aside from chimera shot (which is on a CD and pretty costly in terms of resources) there is nothing dynamic. Its too static and thats why I don't see MM being a serious spec for pvp considering how important it is to be able to creature pressure rapidly. Otherwise its just like being an elemental shaman trying something with a warrior stomping his casts
    If we're talking about PVP, BM is the only viable option I can see of this moment.
    You wouldn't be able to really put Sniper Training to use with the constant moving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halorn View Post
    I like not having an 8-10 spell opening rotation. I also don't see a problem with needing to be stationary to do maximum dps. Takes more skill to move when necessary and quickly enough to not drop your buff. Make better use of your disengage, maybe take the tier 1 talent post haste if movement is still an issue. And ultimately if you feel the need to move 85% of the time you are fighting, perhaps you should reroll melee.

On a side note. Blizz's attempt to make BM and SV more viable seemingly failed since all specs across the board got a 15% damage increase.

Well in pvp constant movement is kind of mandatory. I mean vanilla is over,even with ability pruning some melee classes still have a lot of CCs and pressure CDs.

I suppose that MM will be pretty good in PVE top raiding but for the rest of the game,especially pvp,I don't see it working unless you have gear 3 miles ahead of other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    It feels extremely gimped. Have been pretty much exclusively MM since cataclysm, but I switched to Survival. Never liked BM because of the dependency on the pet and KC requiring the pet to be in range. Don't really regret it. MM without arcane shot and being stuck with an uncomfortably long cast time focus dump is awful, especially for questing and picking off mobs with low health. It's horrible. Hate it. In a world where I could single target, it's not bad, but the second you start throwing other things in the mix, it is just awful. Survival flows so much better. Marks feels like shit.
    Look! Words!

I actually like the MM changes, took a little while to get used to... but overall still feels good. I like that they brought back the 'do more damage after standing still' buff that they had in early Wrath.

I don't like it mainly because majority of the time we're 'casting'. I started to play a hunter because it's a ranged class with little to no magical attributes (and casting). While it's not to move around while aiming, it's meh.
    I still prefer Surv, though the traps feel useless.

Edit: Playing around with MM for a bit. Still don't like the stationary buff. Though honestly the casting isn't as bad as I first assumed when trying out the spec. Still trying to get used to the rotation with casting though.
    Last edited by lMishka; 2014-10-19 at 04:30 AM.