Warlock Ember Tap broken in PvP?

I just faced a lock that was healing for 30% of his health every 2 seconds. I am not exagerating when I say that 4 people couldn't kill him. This can't be intended.

http://i.imgur.com/CZS9fJ8.jpg
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, time to delete your feral and reroll warlock then.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

"16% restored every 2 seconds"
    "he was healing for 30% every 2 seconds"

something doesn't add up here.

also, were the 4 people very undergeared? i mean a lock using all his embers to tap to full isn't exactly doing much damage back either

Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    "16% restored every 2 seconds"
    "he was healing for 30% every 2 seconds"

something doesn't add up here.

also, were the 4 people very undergeared? i mean a lock using all his embers to tap to full isn't exactly doing much damage back either
    the buff kept increasing to 24, 26 and 30%
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    Ember generation is incredibly slow and each tap costs him a chaos bolt.

So testing out how this works.. basically, in order to keep 30%, he's have to spam ember tap as quickly as he can, it starts out at 8% or so, with it fully talented/glyphed. so, it would take 4 ember taps to get to 30, for 10 seconds, this burns 2 of his embers fully (the talent refunds half of one)

if you wait too long to refresh it, the % drops dramatically, it's not just keeping it up, it's keeping it up and using it very quickly to keep it at 30%, which.. is pretty damn difficult on timeless isle RoFing lots of mobs at once, so i'd say near impossible in a bg with people ccing you, not many things to build embers off of, and trying to kill things as well.

really not broken IMO, fairly strong heal with lots of embers, but that's the trade off.. he gets to heal, but do no damage, at best you could say it's a little too strong for holding a flag until your backup arrives.

Harvest life + Drain life glyph affliction is just as bad. ~8k a tick healing with SL+Sac while channeling and under dark soul can go 0% to full in like 6 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Around 1.5-2 months ago I played lock on the beta and specced for embertap and glyphed for it while stacking mastery and versatility with the 100 talent that increases your embertap generation. I could tank 2 dps in 2s solo even through max dampening ^^''

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if the lock trades all of his dmg for something like that, it's still extremely overpowered. Supposedly HP means much more in WoD with the increased health pools, but if a lock can heal himself for that much when he's in trouble than that means he's not a viable kill target, like, ever.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#zoyttz-q0fMRa

Talents I used for it. Don't have any screenshots anymore because I deleted the screenies alongside the beta around 2 weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an issue with the % healing regardless, as health pools were increased dramatically, they should naturally get the nerf bat. This seems to be quite strong, and needs to be toned down. Rogues with Recuperate and Death Knight's with Conversion also come to mind.