Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayand View Post
    I was doing like 19-21k yesterday, and I still do 18-20k today which does not exactly reflect a 20% nerf, does it?
    considering the nerfs/buffs dont go in effect until realm restarts... no no they do not.

Too many peeps relying on simcraft which really it's not a actual accurate method of gauging class damage for real time in raids. Best way is just test all 3 specs yourselves and not be lazy.

It's a sensible buff and nerf to the relevant specs and will put all 3 roughly around the same area in terms of damage output.

Some classes at the moment are missing key components as we don't have lvl 100 talents yet.

The content is nerfed to hell at the moment so i wouldn't worry too much about what damage your doing now, as one class/spec will be op today and tomorrow will be gimped to hell.

Thats exactly why this nerf is a total hip shot from blizzard. Fire does so well because it is the end of the expansion, with an abundance of crit available to the spec. It has always been strong at this time, and with wod start we will be seeing probably half the crit amounts of what we have now, and fire has got the short end of the stick once again.

Whats most ridicoulous is that after the hotfixes are through, fireball will probably even do less damage than a frostbolt and that is a sad joke ... its just as mindboggling as the comparison between icelance and scorch. Icelance getting yet another damage boost so you will probably see alot of icelance spamming again just because they can.

And before someone jumps me... I know its not always viable to compare spells directly, but I would not say that frostbolt doesnt have a big amount of things going for it compared to a fireball, since it can proc FoF and adds icicles, which is basically the same as the dot component from fireball anyways, just delayed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    We can all shut up now:
    And? Level 90 doesn't matter at all. With this "shitfix" lvl 100 is completly unbalanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinde View Post
    And? Level 90 doesn't matter at all. With this "shitfix" lvl 100 is completly unbalanced.
    Reread the post on the link, rather than just looking at the picture

Does it really matter at this point in the expansion, I am going to keep playing Fire because I enjoy the spec. With the amount of crit we have right now not much is going to change gameplay wise except a little less damage.

Deleted
    1. Is frost now nr1 spec after hotfix ?
    2. Is frost much different from arcane in dps ?
    3. Whats stat priority for frost?
    4. Which gems to use for frost ?

Thanks guys !

At lvl 90:

Frost >= Arcane > Fire

At lvl 100:

Frost >> Arcane >>>>>>>>> Fire

You can check it in the last simcrafts. (Blizzard balance OP... ¬¬)
    Do you play World of Warcraft or World of Simcraft?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Do you play World of Warcraft or World of Simcraft?
    Simcraft is a tool for playing WoW optimally. Do you have any problem about I use this tool?

Deleted
    Simcraft is a tool for playing WoW optimally. Do you have any problem about I use this tool?
    If you post about the doomsday of the specs yes. It misguides people into thinking that Fire is a bad spec.

For level 90, balance seems fine. But that is what concerns me personally.

I changed my main from mage to paladin to dodge having to play Frost(I personally find the spec among the most boring to play), and was terribly excited to see Fire being viable again at all gear levels during WoD.

But with the changes that came with the hotfix, the sims look horrible for Fire at level 100. Yes, Simcraft isn't the end of the world, it isn't infallible or 100% accurate, but it does give a good sense of the balance of classes. It did predict all the top specs for 6.0 at level 90 correctly. The fact that fire is so far behind Frost at the level 100 sims, let alone all other specs, really concerns me. I really want to get back to my mage, but not if I'm forced into playing Frost again, or having to burden my raid with subpar DPS when I could be doing more on another spec/class.

Again, I'm talking about balance at L100, not L90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    If you post about the doomsday of the specs yes. It misguides people into thinking that Fire is a bad spec.
    I'm not missguiding anyone. They can go Simcraft and check it by themselves. Your link says Frost > Arcane > Fire at 90 (yeah, 3 specs are viable and close between them), just the same I said. Anyways, it is my opinion based on a nice tool as simcraft. You can expose yours and people can choose to believe what they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terrafros View Post
    For level 90, balance seems fine. But that is what concerns me personally.

I changed my main from mage to paladin to dodge having to play Frost(I personally find the spec among the most boring to play), and was terribly excited to see Fire being viable again at all gear levels during WoD.

But with the changes that came with the hotfix, the sims look horrible for Fire at level 100. Yes, Simcraft isn't the end of the world, it isn't infallible or 100% accurate, but it does give a good sense of the balance of classes. It did predict all the top specs for 6.0 at level 90 correctly. The fact that fire is so far behind Frost at the level 100 sims, let alone all other specs, really concerns me. I really want to get back to my mage, but not if I'm forced into playing Frost again, or having to burden my raid with subpar DPS when I could be doing more on another spec/class.

Again, I'm talking about balance at L100, not L90.
    This ^^.
    I'm totally agree with you.

Deleted
    Would I have preferred they keep Fire as is untill WoD, because level 100 brings it down to a balanced level? Yes I would.

That said, is it a big problem for us that Fire sucks to begin with at level 100? No it isn't. It isn't ideal, but if the other specs kick ass we're more than fine. We're awesome. Prismatic Crystal has so many opportunities for abuse during encounters that I'm really looking forward to using it no matter the spec.

We'll start level 100 raiding as Frost or Arcane, both which seem to be top DPS specs in the game overall. Blizzard will hotfix buff Fire within 3 or 4 weeks of level 100 raiding starting because absolutely noone will play it, and then we have a third spec again. When they buff Fire, they probably nerf one of the other specs if we're outdpsing everyone. This has always been the cycle, and it always will be.

People complaining at people basing their opinions on Simcraft complain for the sake of complaining. Simcraft is the only good tool to measure dps we have at the moment. And it proves to be accurate most of the time, so I have no idea what's the problem.

Deleted
    I'm not missguiding anyone. They can go Simcraft and check it by themselves. Your link says Frost > Arcane > Fire at 90 (yeah, 3 specs are viable and close between them), just the same I said. Anyways, it is my opinion based on a nice tool as simcraft. You can expose yours and people can choose to
    The way you present it though is that fire is not even worth existing

Deleted
    At lvl 90:

Frost >= Arcane > Fire

At lvl 100:

Frost >> Arcane >>>>>>>>> Fire

You can check it in the last simcrafts. (Blizzard balance OP... ¬¬)
    We will see big hotfixes coming at level 100. We just now the same gap as at level 90 just at lvl 100. Current hotfixes where panic reactions to live performance, which is okay if they fix those numbers when WOD raids start.

As of now, we have no clue what will be best. I'd still bet that overall, arcane will become our strongest single target dps spec after lvl 100 hotfixes come in. For my mage, i will prefer arcane > fire and frost only if i see that the other ones aren't even close.

Deleted
    seriously

100% chance that things are going to be totally different by the time raiding starts (stats/gear/bosses/etc...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    People complaining at people basing their opinions on Simcraft complain for the sake of complaining. Simcraft is the only good tool to measure dps we have at the moment. And it proves to be accurate most of the time, so I have no idea what's the problem.
    Yeah i believe in simcraft numbers as some guideline, not as absolute values. But to be honest, they totally screwed balancing to make the coming weeks a little balanced. They will do the same round of hotfixes at level 100 for sure.

SimCraft is a tool that forces players to play specific classes/specs, make retarded guildmasters not let some players play, and has loads of human error. I suppose people don't remember when SimCraft was incorrectly giving Mages a superbuff for literally no reason due to a faulty profile?

SimCraft is helpful, but just like any other automated tool (such as AskMrRobot), should be taken with a grain of salt.

OT: Arcane because it's fun as fuck, Blizzard deems it "in a good place", and SUPERNOVA IS THE BEES KNEES.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzdul View Post
    seriously

100% chance that things are going to be totally different by the time raiding starts (stats/gear/bosses/etc...)
    100%? More like 1000000%.

People flip out over the power creep when they forget Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about anything but max level content. It's why they don't balance Level 1-89, and why they now won't balance 90 today.

PS: I like how Frost got buffed because it was low at 90 (and 100, but we're not even there yet). Gee, almost everything about Frost (including its Attunement) is about getting Multistrike, yet only 1 piece of gear (KTT) has Multistrike on it. I can only wonder why Frost is pulling low numbers.
    PPS: Fire got nerfed because it was purely good at 90. It's pulling middle-of-the-pack at 100 pre-nerf and post-nerf will now be towards the bottom.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-10-19 at 11:48 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.