Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    18% of the pop accounting for 30% of the arrests means you should cross the street when you see blacks. They are dangerous.
    So what about the other 70% of the crimes? What about the fact that you bump into a lot more white people and since white people commit most crimes you are more likely to be the victim of a crime with a white perp? Why does this bit of logic fly over the minds of the prejudice people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So what about the other 70% of the crimes? What about the fact that you bump into a lot more white people and since white people commit most crimes you are more likely to be the victim of a crime with a white perp? Why does this bit of logic fly over the minds of the prejudice people?
    You are mixing hispanics with whites. I have dark hair and eyes, they might think I'm spanish, no need to run from hispanics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Ok, let me put it this way... what exactly does inserting "because of socioecomonics" mean when discussing crime rates? What I'm curious of is if the "socioeconomics" situation was "better" than what it is now what would that do to the crime rates or blacks and whites? You think it would somehow lower the crime rates significantly? Because again, it's hard for law-abiding citizens to think that somehow, perhaps magically, crime rates would decrease.

It's basically akin to thinking raising minimum wage to $15/hr and literally every single person in the US having a job at that $15/hr would somehow make people live like kings. No, prices would just go up, and the people who make minimum wage would just be back at that same "standard" of living that they are now.
    If their socioeconomic standing was better there would be a lower occurrence of crime leading to a decrease in crime.

Minimum wage increases have no correlation with inflation.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Well, at least I made you do napkin math and dynamically change your arguments

Quote Originally Posted by Interception View Post
    So if we round up to a clean 10,000,000 arrests we have Latinos and Whites Accounting for 70% of those arrests and Blacks alone adding in 30% - For a population of the mere 18% accounting for 30% of arrests I'd say there's a slight problem with how our justice system handles African Americans. But you keep on thinking that blacks are all bad and that they're always treated fairly and just in our legal system.
    Impossible to say anything until government will start differentiating whites and latinos.

But you keep on thinking that blacks are all bad and that they're always treated fairly and just in our legal system.
    Awww.

PS. Is it for real, that if it wasn't for me, you'd still think no latinos were arrested this year?

You are mixing hispanics with whites. I have dark hair and eyes, they might think I'm spanish, no need to run from hispanics.
    Really? Hispanics have a higher rate of being in violent gangs than blacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Hispanics have a higher rate of being in violent gangs than blacks.
    Yes, but my gf is from Texas. Hispanic. xD I feel safer with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Technically,
    Whites and Hispanics top the serial killer charts by orders of magnitude. So, if you don't want to be brutally murdered in the most horrific way, ONLY travel with black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninepenny View Post
    Awww.

PS. Is it for real, that if it wasn't for me, you'd still think no latinos were arrested this year?
    Interesting straw man considering Latinos account for 17% of the population and yet combined with Caucasians still account for 70% of those arrests.

I suppose the next thing you're going to say is only 3 million of those 7 million arrests were actual Caucasians just to keep face with your Caucasians commit less crimes than minorities stance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Well Technically,
    Whites and Hispanics top the serial killer charts by orders of magnitude. So, if you don't want to be brutally murdered in the most horrific way, ONLY travel with black people.
    Well I really really hope there's not that many serial killers around.

Well Technically,
    But, if that's the generic murder you're after...

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting straw man considering Latinos account for 17% of the population and yet combined with Caucasians still account for 70% of those arrests.

I suppose the next thing you're going to say is only 3 million of those 7 million arrests were actual Caucasians just to keep face with your Caucasians commit less crimes than minorities stance.
    Everything is possible.

Case in point: "Black" category.

the reason It needs to be brought up is becuase people argue "black people are criminals that's why we must watch them because look at these numbers!"

at the same time they ignore the fact that no.. .it's not "black" people it's "poor" people and poor people from varying races have the same issues.

People look at these statistics to prejudge black people period, black people regardless of their background.
    Do I think black people commit more gun crime than white? First, I think that's subjective considering crime stats in my area are different than your, but otherwise absolutely.

Do I think black people commit more drug crimes than whites? Yup.

Do I think white people commit more pedophilia crimes? Yup

Do I think white people commit more white-collar crimes? Yup.

Now, I bet your answers are different depending on where you live, am I right?

The absolute biggest thing that pisses me off about the black community is how there's such hatred and rage against whites/police when a black person dies at the hands of a white person but absolutely no care in the world when a black person kills another black person. Black on black = nothing. White on black = racism.

Until the black culture gets rid of that mentality they'll never be able to move on.

It ultimately boils down to he said, she said. It's unfortunate that police cars don't include cameras filming everything that happens inside as that would prove one way or the other whether there was any struggle inside the car.

It's an unfortunate event that sadly nobody except the dead Brown and the officer will ever know exactly what happened. That won't stop countless people from making wrong accusations and assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account

Whats the % of whites in America?

Do you not see the flaw in your argument?

There really needs to be some looking into where all these leaks are coming from. This isn't supposed to be a public process.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    If their socioeconomic standing was better there would be a lower occurrence of crime leading to a decrease in crime.

Minimum wage increases have no correlation with inflation.
    So... let me see if I got this right, because Brown and/or Myers might have lived in poverty, in the projects, etc IF they didn't they wouldn't have pushed the store clerk when being confronted, smoked some weed, walked in the middle of the street and from the forensic evidence, confronted the cop? Myers wouldn't have posed in the countless (in the case of Myers) pics with guns, videos with little kids running around the table rolling blunts and sizzurp in cups, ran from the security guard/off-duty cop?

Secondly, it's a joke to think if everyone on minimum wage suddenly made $15/hr, prices wouldn't go up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    There really needs to be some looking into where all these leaks are coming from. This isn't supposed to be a public process.
    Truth: If you believe the blacks, it's public officials slowly leaking it all to soften the blow of no indictment happening.
    Last edited by alturic; 2014-10-23 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't the justice dpt doing an autopsy report also?

Isn't the justice dpt doing an autopsy report also?
    Pretty sure they did, it just didn't leak yet. Only 2 of the 3 did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Secondly, it's a joke to think if everyone on minimum wage suddenly made $15/hr, prices wouldn't go up.
    Prices are going up regardless of Minimum Wage. We haven't had a big MW increase in like 15 or 20 years, yet ~ inflation is still going strong. The devaluation of the dollar has a much bigger impact on inflation that minimum wage EVER could.

Do you not see the flaw in your argument?
    There isn't one.

Purely numbers kept in mind you are more likely to run into a white criminal than a black one, so why is the prejudice only reserved for blacks and not whites?