Question Having trouble casting Cobra Shot back-to-back since patch

Before the patch hit, I could easily cast cobra shot back-to-back with no trouble.
    Then the patch hit and now I often end up not casting it the 2nd time.

Usually, while cobra shot is 'channelling', you can use another ability when it's almost done. That ability will then be cast instantly after Cobra Shot is done. That still does work with abilities, such as Explosive and Arcane Shot. Using Cobra shot, will however only work if it is cast just before the initial Cobra Shot is done.

Here is a picture that may help illustrating my point. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

Update:
    I experienced the same thing on my Mage just now. So it seems like it happens to all abilities with a cast time. And here's where it gets strange.
    It only happens if I cast the same ability back-to-back.
    If I however alternate with Frostbolt and Frostfire Bolt, it works just like before the patch.
    Last edited by zyx; 2014-10-18 at 07:13 PM.

I've had similar "feelings" based on server lag. Is your server laggy right now? Maybe that could be part of the issue? I've had some weird unresponsiveness due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    I've had similar "feelings" based on server lag. Is your server laggy right now? Maybe that could be part of the issue? I've had some weird unresponsiveness due to it.
    I doubt it's lag. Because if I use Disengage, it is executed instantly. Pre-Patch, there would be a slight noticeable delay.

You should have a look at this video. It explains the change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj8S...dq2m5seVmQqUDA

Quote Originally Posted by Nightspear View Post
    You should have a look at this video. It explains the change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj8S...dq2m5seVmQqUDA
    That would explain it, but only if I experienced the same thing with Arcane and Explosive shot (Which works exactly as before the patch). So I doubt this is why.
    I did submit a ticket, hoping for a good answer.

This new instant responsiveness is only working inside instances.

On Ravencrest (EU) in the outside world, the server update is still 400ms intervals - aka random delay on abilities. Guess they didn't have enough money to upgrade ALL servers, but went with the most important ones: instance servers.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2014-10-18 at 07:04 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed this with all abilities, not just cobra shot or steady shot. The new server responsiveness will take some time to get used to. Nelle is spot on though, the world servers are not as responsive, while the instance servers are fairly quick to load and have much lower MS. I'm not sure if these server changes are making it into the Draenor world or just their instances as well. Hopefully it's present in all of Draenor or things will feel a little wonky for everyone for quite a while.

Couldn't you use custom lag tolerance as a way to somewhat circumvent the change? if you really wanted spellqueueing to feel like it did on 400ms
    Quote Originally Posted by Azabondiia View Post
    Anyone who has not done heroic raiding, is John Snow - and knows nothing. It's the most unforgiving gaming experience you can imagine

A slight update, that I also put in the OP:

I experienced the same thing on my Mage just now. So it seems like it happens to all abilities with a cast time. And here's where it gets strange.
    It only happens if I cast the same ability back-to-back.
    If I however alternate with Frostbolt and Frostfire Bolt, it works just like before the patch.

So I don't really think this has to do with the faster response server.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Guess they didn't have enough money
    LOL /10char

With MoP, Blizzard upgraded WoW to update server sync rate, essentially meaning that there is less delay on everything you do, ever had that frustration when an Execute ability only comes usable when a small health add is at 17% instead of 20% as it states? That's going away pretty much entirely.

We went from a massive 400ms to somewhere around 1-10ms on the sync rate, therefore if you previously played without ability queueing and latency compensation(both are default options in WoW you can turn on), you would experience this issue where you'd have to be very precise about using another ability.

This affects:
    -Health updates(executes)
    -Aura Delay(when buffs/debuffs activate fully)
    -Ability responsiveness("issue" OP is having)

By far the best change in history of WoW in terms of snappy combat feeling(which WoW already was the master of).

Now we just need it put on ALL servers, not just instances. And its perfect!

Easiest test to see where the new instant-sync-update tech is implemented, is to try move an item around in your bags, if it moves instantly its implemented. If you get the random up to 400ms delay its not. I get the delay in Shrine on my server, also in some of the Pandaria zones (Ravencrest EU)
    Last edited by Nelle; 2014-10-18 at 08:45 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake