Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Did the hotfix changes happen yet?

Cause my hunter doesn't feel any stronger.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Server restart are required for the changes to activated. Far as I know there was no server restart in the EU, don't know about the US.

no scheduled for tuesday on US servers

Quite embarrassing they promote this whole new file structure and way to run the game, making it easier to hotfix stuff. And then when the first MAJOR hotfix is about to land it require a server restart.

Also why didn't they just restart the servers this morning, if a hotfix is in queue what kind of excuse is there for NOT doing a 5 minute restart at some random off-hour? Guess they don't really care for the 70-80% of their player base who is performing BELOW the expected ratio.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

My guess would be because it's Saturday morning. Most of the employees probably worked a lot over the course of beta. This could possibly be the only downtime they have for the next few months. Take it before launch. yes, these hotfixes are important but at the same time, there is nothing important in the game going right now. I main a hunter and it does suck. I'm sure they have their reasons for holding the restarts until Tuesday.

Theres restarts rolling out sunday morning 5am thats for the constant server issues stopping loads at 90%, any 1 with tech knowledge know if those restarts will also kick into effect the hotfixes?

Quote Originally Posted by marjolaine View Post
    Theres restarts rolling out sunday morning 5am thats for the constant server issues stopping loads at 90%, any 1 with tech knowledge know if those restarts will also kick into effect the hotfixes?
    Any sort of restart gets the hotfixes working. My server crashed and it came up with the hotfixes in play.

Deleted
    Yea they are here atleast on my realm today my aimeshot hit over 20k crits every time not only with temp buffs

Deleted
    EU realms are coming down at 5:00, so hotfix should be applied

That is awesome news! having trouble sleeping so will look forward trying those out within the next few hours haha

I'm pretty sure the first set of changes (announced 6ish days ago) ex: first 10% warrior nerf and sv-specific buffs went out yesterday. The big changes (pet damage, 15-80% various buffs) are definitely not live on US realms yet. It's planned for Tuesday. Keep in mind that these changes are BOTH being applied, such as the 10% warrior nerf and 17% warrior nerf BOTH being applied. This means some SV abilities are getting buffed twice (12% AND 15%).

Applied:

Black Arrow, Explosive Shot, and Serpent Sting damage increased by 12%.

Not applied:

Arcane Shot, Cobra Shot, Explosive Trap, Kill Shot, and Steady Shot damage has been increased by 15%.
    Multi-Shot damage has been increased by 30%.
    A Murder of Crows' damage has been increased by 80%.
    Barrage, Dire Beast, Exotic Munitions, Focusing Shot, Glaive Toss, and Powershot damage has been increased by 15%.
    Hunter Pets now inherit 60% of the Hunter's Attack Power (up from 33%).

MM
    Aimed Shot and Chimaera Shot damage has been increased by 15%.

SV
    Black Arrow, Explosive Shot, and Serpent Sting damage has been increased by 15%.

To test whether the new set of changes is active, simply look at your attack power then look at your pets AP. If your pet has less than 60% of your AP, the changes have not yet been implemented.
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2014-10-19 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trictagon View Post
    To test whether the new set of changes is active, simply look at your attack power then look at your pets AP. If your pet has less than 60% of your AP, the changes have not yet been implemented.
    This was a nice idea. Currently my pet has 60% of my AP. Looks like the hotfix has been applied to US-Stormrage at least.

Deleted
    Seems to be live on EU aswell after the restart, based on Trictagon's suggestion with checking pet AP scaling.

Yep its live over on EU, just doing quick bm dummy test still feel kc is low on damage could of seen that with a 15% buff too and feel as if it would of been fine.

On US-Kargath my pets still have 33% of my AP, so I guess it will only be live if your realm has a restart.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2014-10-19 at 04:22 AM.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Quote Originally Posted by marjolaine View Post
    still feel kc is low on damage could of seen that with a 15% buff too and feel as if it would of been fine.
    BM still the 3rd worst spec in the game, so won't feel "fine" on a dummy regardless:

Last edited by Nelle; 2014-10-19 at 04:24 AM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    BM still the 3rd worst spec in the game, so won't feel "fine" on a dummy regardless:

How is it that with 5+ buffs on Hunters they go up 1k, but with 1 buff (similar %) on rogue they go up 2k? I don't get the logic

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    This was a nice idea. Currently my pet has 60% of my AP. Looks like the hotfix has been applied to US-Stormrage at least.
    On Stormrage as well, pet has 578 AP to my 1737, no idea if it's on my end or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Clandestine Cadence View Post
    On Stormrage as well, pet has 578 AP to my 1737, no idea if it's on my end or not.
    The answer for you is "no".

You simply take 1737 and multiply that by .60 which is 1042. (this will be your pets attack power when hotfix is live for you).
    Pre-hotfix pets have ~33% of your AP. So take 1737 x .33 and you get 573, which is close enough to what you currently have.

US-Illidan the hotfixes are live.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    For whatever reason I don't trust those level 90 sims. Could be wrong, we'll see.