Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

'Heavensward' - What we know so far

What we know so far:

• Level 60 cap!
    • Storyline focuses on the war between Ishgard and Dravania
    • New areas (Dravanian Forelands, Areas beyond Coerthas, Floating landmasses in the Sea of Clouds, Dravania and other beast tribes, chocobo forest)
    • New race
    • New jobs (cmon RDM...)
    • New primals (one of which is a XIV exclusive)
    • New dungeons and raids
    • Airships which are built with your Free Company

15+ Year Old Account
    Hope they release some more information on the new healing class soon, spring, for an expansion, is awfully close imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want an extra fairy pet... I don't know what they'd give her but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want 2.4 right now. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Knight is one of the new jobs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Hope they release some more information on the new healing class soon, spring, for an expansion, is awfully close imo.
    They DID say that it was closer then anyone thoguth..Though TBH this is about what i expected.

this is going to be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    This has been in production since probably around launch time. They said in a live letter right around launch that they are at least one expansion ahead. That was over a year a go. I wouldn't say it's a long shot.

Dark Knight is one of the new jobs
    I truly hope so.... if you could back this up with a source you'd absolutely make my day. Dark Knight was my main class in FFXI....until I figured out that Blue Mage was just way more fun to play and could solo missions WAAAAY better than DRK ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I truly hope so.... if you could back this up with a source you'd absolutely make my day. Dark Knight was my main class in FFXI....until I figured out that Blue Mage was just way more fun to play and could solo missions WAAAAY better than DRK ever could.
    The only video I found went private but...

They didn't say it outright, they can't until next Saturday because the London Fanfest team won that reveal. Instead, Yoshi P hinted that there would be a leak during the Dev Panel. When he was asked about it, he started talking about Batman and said he really liked Director Nolan's movies before shushing the audience and saying nothing was discussed. (Batman is the Dark Knight, Nolan directed Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and the Dark Knight Rises)

Was great seeing the audience's confusion turn to cheers when it finally clicked

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    There isn't any sources but there was pretty massive hints, various batman references and puns that could only mean one thing in that context. It's pretty much confirmed there is no other reasons why they would drop batman references in a final fantasy fan festival.

Samurai is also probably a new job.. there was a 'Samurai' folder on Soken's laptop when he was scrolling through it during the music panel and he was shushing people and telling them it was a secret when asked about it in person at the fanfest

I also vaguely recall them mentioning a gun-based class that the admiral Merlwyb of Limsa represents, so something like Musketeer or w/e they call it is probable.

I'm betting the new race will be whatever Lady Yugiri is under the cowl, just going off the tail, hands and horns she strikes me as being more draconic than just lizardish

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I want an extra fairy pet... I don't know what they'd give her but still.
    I want Carbuncles for my SMN.

Ya, probably not happening. I would settle for Shiva-Egi.

PS: Any news on Shiva-Egi? >.>
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    I'm betting the new race will be whatever Lady Yugiri is under the cowl, just going off the tail, hands and horns she strikes me as being more draconic than just lizardish
    Confirmed too, during the Live Letter last night. Not your guess about what she looks like, we still don't know that, but whatever she is will be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I want Carbuncles for my SMN.

Ya, probably not happening. I would settle for Shiva-Egi.

PS: Any news on Shiva-Egi? >.>
    None yet, but I'm thinking we'll see Leviathan and Ramuh for the 55 and 60 job quest rewards

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just occurred to me, would be nice if next expansion they would allow SMN to be able to summon Carbuncles as secondary support pets.

You know, minor healing/shields, dispels, ... etc.

/sigh

One can dream I suppose. : /
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Think there'd be too many overlaps with SCHs if they did that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Think there'd be too many overlaps with SCHs if they did that.
    Well, if the Carby only acts on the SMN and Egi ...

Deleted
    Dark knight is confirmed, even mentioned about they would use 2h sword and be a tank (no idea why tank tho) also said it doesn't require a base class.
    Other job clue since dark knight got batman references was "the man with the golden fun" so everyone is already saying it means agent (like shinra in 7) as a healer class.
    Two confirmed primals coming are Bismarck and ravana (might be spelt wrong) Bismarck looks like sin from FFX but with wings and rav looks like Gilgamesh went on a diet, both connected to two new beast tribes.
    Two new egi's ramuh and leviathan , no word on shiva sadly.