Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just got a random thought. What if they implemented flying so that when you lift off, you go above the clouds where you'd have floating islands/continents to explore. They could even make it so that you can only ascend/descend in specific locations and explain it by there being dangerous levels of aether higher up in the air and there's a lower concentration of aether or a hole in the layer of aether in the locations where we are able to ascend/descend.
    That way we'd still technically have flying, but without some of the negative side effects of flying, like people cherry-picking objectives and the world feeling less lively.
    Just an idea and they'll probably never go for it, but I think it could be at least a little bit interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Inward View Post
    I just got a random thought. What if they implemented flying so that when you lift off, you go above the clouds where you'd have floating islands/continents to explore. They could even make it so that you can only ascend/descend in specific locations and explain it by there being dangerous levels of aether higher up in the air and there's a lower concentration of aether or a hole in the layer of aether in the locations where we are able to ascend/descend.
    That way we'd still technically have flying, but without some of the negative side effects of flying, like people cherry-picking objectives and the world feeling less lively.
    Just an idea and they'll probably never go for it, but I think it could be at least a little bit interesting.
    I get what you mean with that but at the same time it'd almost seem lazy. It's probably since in part I'm hoping them putting in flying means there's less instancing of zones with not as many 'valleys' along with 50 thousand impassable mountains/hills and more of an open world. Basically be more like a continent in WoW. But given the limitations of the consoles I'd imagine that won't happen.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2014-10-30 at 05:56 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I get what you mean with that but at the same time it'd almost seem lazy. It's probably since in part I'm hoping them putting in flying means there's less instancing of zones with not as many 'valleys' along with 50 thousand impassable mountains/hills and more of an open world. Basically be more like a continent in WoW. But given the limitations of the consoles I'd imagine that won't happen.
    Free form flying is wasteful.

Artist have to spend time making sure everything looks good from every angle - as they won't be able to control where players go anymore - I rather they spend that extra time required to create more areas or polish up the areas we can see.

Not to mention it will make resource management harder for the graphics engine - again, they have less control over what is visible.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

Artist have to spend time making sure everything looks good from every angle - as they won't be able to control where players go anymore - I rather they spend that extra time required to create more areas or polish up the areas we can see.

Not to mention it will make resource management harder for the graphics engine - again, they have less control over what is visible.
    I'm fine with that really.

I agree, there are ways to implement flying without making it take over travel altogether and it be more of a gameplay element, not some all encompassing mechanic.

So what class will everyone be leveling to 60 first then? to make it easy exclude the possible healer/tank/dps yet to be released.

Will probably just go for my dragoon for powerleveling to 60 unless they bring out such a good new class i can't resist. Couldn't get the feel for the ninja unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    So what class will everyone be leveling to 60 first then? to make it easy exclude the possible healer/tank/dps yet to be released.

Will probably just go for my dragoon for powerleveling to 60 unless they bring out such a good new class i can't resist. Couldn't get the feel for the ninja unfortunately.
    Well assuming we'll get some previews on class abilities and how they function like we did with ninja, and that I'm not completely turned off by it I will be going Dark Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Well assuming we'll get some previews on class abilities and how they function like we did with ninja, and that I'm not completely turned off by it I will be going Dark Knight.
    I'd like to do the dark knight but it really does depend deeply on the game play, atm i prefer warrior to the paladin for tanking.
    Doubt i will have an interest in the rumoured gun wielding class and i'm not a huge fan of healing anyways (scholar 50) not touched the white mage. But yeah dark knight just looks like it's going to be awesome armour sets large swords and possibly lots of darkness based magic particle effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sticking with Scholar at the moment. I like the heal turret and stuff for scholar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk or Ninja, waiting on class previews!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That armor looks amazing from the video
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Really depends honestly, but it will probably be one of the new classes. It's a lot easier to level up a new class when everyone is riding the FATE train, 50-60 will be ongoing as people take their existing level 50 classes to 60, I want to make sure the newer classes are at least 50 ASAP to get the help from everyone else doing the same thing... like Ninja this past week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithus View Post
    There isn't any sources but there was pretty massive hints, various batman references and puns that could only mean one thing in that context. It's pretty much confirmed there is no other reasons why they would drop batman references in a final fantasy fan festival.
    Unless the next job is..... BATMAN

New race + higher level cap + new class = WIN for me. I'll be there at launch!

Has there been any news on if relic weapon lines will stop prior to heavensward or will they be continued in the expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing known about it.

I'm hoping more on the lines that it doesn't get continued, but you get some sort of aesthetic thingy if you complete it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may be wrong but I think in the EU fan festival, during the Q&A session they mentioned something like they will stop the current quest line but will create a new line for alternative weapon other than raid.

But I may be totally wrong.

Deleted
    Any news about other flying mounts ? have only seen the one

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Any news about other flying mounts ? have only seen the one
    Black chocobo and a personal mini airship so far

10+ Year Old Account
    They still need to make ADS mount (talked about it at LA fan fest).

That'd be awesome!!!!