Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Killer to live with victims family.

So saw this video on CNN today. Apparently this guy show and killed his friend while drunk and high in the house that they were room mates in. The victims family in court apparently pleaded for a lower sentence for the guy and now the guy is out on parole and will live with the victims parents and will work for the victim's father.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I get that the parents are trying to be forgiving, but I feel like that should only go so far. I mean the guy shot their kid and killed him. The mother said she loves her kid more than life itself but she's going to forgive the guy who killed him.

What do you guys think?

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/vi...ents.wmur.html

Deleted
    Sounds pretty crazy.

the mom wants the d
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think the family is brave and understanding. It's also none of our business.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So saw this video on CNN today. Apparently this guy show and killed his friend while drunk and high in the house that they were room mates in. The victims family in court apparently pleaded for a lower sentence for the guy and now the guy is out on parole and will live with the victims parents and will work for the victim's father.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I get that the parents are trying to be forgiving, but I feel like that should only go so far. I mean the guy shot their kid and killed him. The mother said she loves her kid more than life itself but she's going to forgive the guy who killed him.

What do you guys think?

Clearly they don't harbor any resentment, why should we?

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Clearly they don't harbor any resentment, why should we?
    Because they killed their son. Are you a parent? Would you be so forgiving if someone killed your child?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I think the family is brave and understanding. It's also none of our business.
    neither is half the other things in off topic. doesn't mean we don't discuss them. what thought process makes them understand why the guy killed their son?

If you read the older stories on the case, it seems as if they were completely smashed after drinking and smoking and the shooting was accidental.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they killed their son. Are you a parent? Would you be so forgiving if someone killed your child?
    What's that got to do with Phookah question?

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If you read the older stories on the case, it seems as if they were completely smashed after drinking and smoking and the shooting was accidental.
    So am I to understand that shooting and killing a friend out of stupidity while drunk and high is ok. Please tell me how he "accidentally" shot the guy.

What do you guys think?

That's their call, really.

Damn. While this is none of my concern, I feel that there's a point where forgivefulness treads into the territories of ridiculousness. In my eyes, this is one of those cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Where as it most likely wouldn't be my reaction, it's really their call.. if they can see more to the situation and keep in mind that resentment isn't going to bring back their son all I can do is respect their choices.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

So am I to understand that shooting and killing a friend out of stupidity while drunk and high is ok. Please tell me how he "accidentally" shot the guy.
    Ask former VP Dick Cheyney.

Is your stance that it's impossible to accidentally shoot someone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

What do you guys think?
    I think it is weird that you care about it I suppose. Why do you care if they forgive him? I mean if this affected you maybe in any way shape or form I could see you being concerned but you aren't.

It happens more often than you think.

You're not only encouraging hate and anger but you're questioning the families ability to forgive. Just let that sink in, you'll understand eventually.

Btw, your attitude affects everyone that comes in contact with you and unfortunately the internet is a thing. So if you ask me, based on these facts, you and the mob mentality are more of an issue than this topic.

Just think if we all chose to forgive like those parents did, there would never be another war.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2014-10-19 at 03:53 AM.

Deleted
    This is touching. If what he did was indeed accidental, then the parents deserve praise for having the heart to forgive. We can speculate over how good of an idea it is, but if they feel confident having him free, and can forgive, then it seems good. Second chances are important.

I would be devastated if my kid was killed... no doubt about it and I know for a fact that I can't even imagine how I would deal with it.... but I can see that the parents understand that it was not intentional and hope that instead of two lives ruined that they can at least help one of them....

He may have been very close to the family before the incident.
    So cutting ties to him could be like losing a second son.

I

Many good people make stupid/bad choice's should there life being ruined because of said choice?

No one can really say anything about this topic unless they themselves have been put in those shoes. So who knows how others would react to it. But like I said should a person's life end due to one bad choice. Also both was drinking/smoking and at fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    This is touching. If what he did was indeed accidental, then the parents deserve praise for having the heart to forgive. We can speculate over how good of an idea it is, but if they feel confident having him free, and can forgive, then it seems good. Second chances are important.
    I agree 100%. A person's life shouldn't end over one stupid choice.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I agree 100%. A person's life shouldn't end over one stupid choice.
    It really depends on the situation. If someone is driving 100km/h on a 80km/h speed limit area and hits someone by accident with his car - yeah life shouldn't end.

However if you rape and murder a child, your life should end.

Both are "one stupid choices".
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.