Thread: FF14 on ps4

Deleted

FF14 on ps4

I just bought a ps4 few days ago and while searching for games and i found out that FFXIV was released some time ago on ps4, i did played the trial on pc and i kinda liked it but i've got a few questions about the ppls playing it on ps4.
    First; are there enough players playing it on ps4?
    Is the next expansion going to be released on ps4 at the same time with other platforms?
    The game being a mmo, how does the controls feel on a console?
    Do i have to pay a PSN subscription AND a ff14 subscription at the same time?
    Thanks

Deleted
    Thanks but that barely scratches the info i need :P

10+ Year Old Account
    ps4 players, play crossplatform with ps3 and pc users, there's tons of people, it is still Sub based ofc.
    console controls can be a little weird at first, you get used to it though (directional pad up n down change through emnity list, and left/right go through party...might be backwards) running jumping etc are all the same,
    X by default targets the nearest vendor/item, so targeting say a retainer bell or a npc in a character clogged area is easy... mainly just combat you'd have to get used to although still easy. (left trigger/right trigger + directional pad / x,o,square,triangle) binds to your skills (so 16 easy hotkeys) then you can change which bar you are on as well with l2 or something...so hotkeys aren't an issue at all, though shift+2 or scrollwheel is a little quicker but heh

one of the main things about ps4 though, no skype...
    although streaming is much easier, a REALLY good thing about it, is if you have a usb keyboard/mouse, you can use it on the ps4, (if you don't like controller-controls.
    also headsets work as well,

no you don't need playstation+ but you get a lot more from it... free games every month (granted usually games that didn't sell well to begin with)
    but free nonetheless.
    if you got a new ps4 you should of got some free initial time for ps+ though.

one thing that's huge and i love for playstation is that i have a vita as well, you can do something called remote play on it (vita only has L1/R1, unless back touchpad which is annoying as hell, and a lil small as a controller)
    but what you can do is make a second unused account on PSN, add that to ps4, then log in with a second controller to second account, use vita tied to that second account.(swap SD cards to change between your main acct and double) use remote play on second account while first is logged into ps4/any game
    and then you get to use player1(main account) dual shock controller, with being able to see screen with second account on the vita.

(you get to play ps4 games outside smoking, keep an eye on screen while cooking or...well just away from the screen for any reason using the actual controller,
    it's pretty awesome
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also PSTV can be used as well though witha command delay.

Deleted
    Great thanks for helping, il be picking the game tomorrow, also im planning on buying a ps vita soon.

That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    ps4 players, play crossplatform with ps3 and pc users, there's tons of people, it is still Sub based ofc.
    Really liking the games are finally starting to go down this path. Makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

So, if I have PS+, do you still have to pay the sub fee? Really want to pick this game up!
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need PS+ to play but you need the sub to FFXIV to play, hope that made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You don't need PS+ to play but you need the sub to FFXIV to play, hope that made sense.
    Yup, thanks for the clarification . Still prolly going to pick it up. Really want to play
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    I've been able to play with a KB and Mouse on the Beta for PS4 on A Realm Reborn? (I do use a USB HUB though.)

The question I do have, is; If I have the PC License of A Realm Reborn, Am I able to play it on PS4?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    I've been able to play with a KB and Mouse on the Beta for PS4 on A Realm Reborn? (I do use a USB HUB though.)

The question I do have, is; If I have the PC License of A Realm Reborn, Am I able to play it on PS4?
    No would need the PS4 license as well. BUT if you ahve the ps4 license then you sill have all your toons and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    No would need the PS4 license as well. BUT if you ahve the ps4 license then you sill have all your toons and so on.
    Yeah that's right. You need to buy a ps4 copy to play on ps4 BUT your sub fee allows you to play both. You don't need a separate sub fee to play on ps4 and pc. Though I don't think you'd be able to log the same account on both pc and ps4*at the same time