Blood Infusion Quest after 6.0

Now that Battle Res limits the old "get a lock" strat, what is the current best way to do this with the minimal amount of people, while not playing a Death Knight?

If any of you know, I would very much appreciate it.

Without cheesing it with the bring a Warlock/shaman with the sacrificial dagger, I think the minimum you need is 5.

1- person on quest gets bit (1 with the debuff)
    2- person on quest bites another person (2 people with the debuff) (1st bite for credit towards the quest)
    3- person on quest and the first person the bit bite 2 more people (4 people with the debuff) (2nd bite for credit towards the quest)

Depending on your group's dps and how well you are paying attention at this point for the quest at least another 1 more bites must go out (5 people in the raid), that is the person on the quest.
    4- person on the quest bites another person and the 3 other people from step 3 above bit 3 more people (8 people with the debuff now) (3rd bite for credit towards the quest)

at this point to avoid turning into vampires you would need another 8 people in the run (total of 16), but the boss should be dead before all those people need to bite someone to avoid turning into a vampire.

Each sets of bites it doubles.
    1 at first, then 2, then 4 then 8, then 16.

You can easily do it 8 people as that would give everyone of the first 4 people bitten someone to bite and enough for the person on the quest to bite 3 times, but you have to have the boss almost dead at this point as there will not be enough people without the debuff to get another round of bites in to avoid getting turned into a vampire.

With 5 players (no bres of any kind)
    -Player 1 is acting as tank 1, player 2 is acting as tank 2. Player 3 is on the quest
    -This fight is coded for two tanks, regardless of their class or role.
    -The entire raid stands on the stairs and does nothing, no DPS, no heals, no spells, NOTHING
    -Player 1 moves to engage the boss Player 3 is close behind Player 1, Player 2 follows.
    -Player 1 and Player 3 get the tank debuff (blood mirror, it's a requirement of the quest), player 2 taunts to put themselves above Player 1 on the aggro table
    -BQL will bite Player 3 as she is coded to bite the third person on the aggro table as this is usually your best DPS, or hopefully the person on the quest
    -Raid can now heal and DPS the encounter as normal
    -Player 3 (person on the quest) bites Player 4 (first bite for quest)
    -Player 3 bites player 5 (2nd bite for quest)
    -Player 4 bites player 2
    -Player 3 bites player 1 (3rd bite for quest)

You can kill the boss now, because if you don't, you do not have enough people left to bite.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2014-10-18 at 11:11 PM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Assuming you still have at least one battleress, 4 people should do.

Player1(questholder) gets bit.
    Player1 bites another Player2, Player2 kills themselves and gets ressed.
    Player1 bites Player2 again.
    Player1 bites Player3, Player2 bites Player4.
    Kill boss before the next round of bites.

Thank you both for being so helpful.

I have a warlock and none resser pals to help, so just 1 more and I can get past this part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermidor View Post

Dont forget that is prety hard to die now .Get several persons and do it in old way

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Dont forget that is prety hard to die now .Get several persons and do it in old way
    Not really, I could barely get to bite my targets seconds before they died. Ticks are quite heavy in HC.

I recently helped my bro doing it, we were 3 players. 1 Paladin (Him) and 2 druids (cuz we tought u needed 2 CRs and that it still worked, didnt know it was changed)

It was very easy to suicide in the flames, specially if u timed it so the player who needed to die also could get the mirror buff by having who s tanking boss standing near aswell

I did this on day 1 patch day tho, not sure what changed after the hotfixes tho

(Player A is gonna do the quest)

Player A (Paladin)
    Player B (Druid 1)
    Player C (Druid 2/Person with CR ability)

We started the fight by having Player A get mirror buff then having another player taunt boss so Player A could run away to gurantee getting blood queen debuff

From here on
    Player A bites player B
    Player B Dies
    Player C ress player B

Player A bites C
    Player C dies
    Player A bites B

Player A + B kill the boss(u got 1min to kill it but that was more than enough)
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2014-10-19 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermidor View Post

I need just one more thing from this strat. Where should the bosses hp be at each step.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I need just one more thing from this strat. Where should the bosses hp be at each step.
    It doesn't really matter, you have a minute before the next round of bites (I think it's a minute). So however low you personally feel you need it. If your dps is good then it shouldn't matter too much after the squish.

Edit: I'm referring to the part where it says 'Kill boss before the next round of bites'. Other than that, the HP of the boss doesn't need to be at any specific percentage.

This is also a really handy video:

Last edited by mmoc6ff9f53e10; 2014-10-19 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    Dunno if 6.0 changed anything. Before the patch, 8 people worked well for the few times we did it, which is good because our ICC raid always has between 8 and 10 people attending. I guess the die and ress tactics would work as well, if you have enough brezz in your group.

One of the potentially biggest issues I noticed, is that the damage from the Gushing Wounds wasn't scaled down in line with new health pools.
    Losing 1200-1500 health every few seconds is a LOT of damage now when you might have 80-100k health with buffs + ICC buff (and when attacks from BQL on 25N are like hitting for 60-150). Blizz might need to tweak that a small bit.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard underestimates how impossible it is to get willing, cooperative and patient people to help you with this. I've offered 500g each, doesn't matter, people will either not even whisper or just drop if it's too complicated for them or taking more than 5 minutes to form a group. All people want to do nowadays is be anti-social (in an MMO) and steamroll everything in sight.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Blizzard underestimates how impossible it is to get willing, cooperative and patient people to help you with this. I've offered 500g each, doesn't matter, people will either not even whisper or just drop if it's too complicated for them or taking more than 5 minutes to form a group. All people want to do nowadays is be anti-social (in an MMO) and steamroll everything in sight.
    Or worse. Now that these bosses are so much easier (even after the nerf) you will get that one ass that will burn the boss himself and screw you for the week.

I've done this with 3 people, one of them needs to have brez.

- Player 1 (has the Quest) becomes vampire first, bites Player 2, who sacrifices himself in the fire. He's then brezz'ed.
    - Player 1 bites player 2 again. Player 2 sacrifices himself again
    - Player 1 bites player 3.
    - Player 1 and 3 kill the vampire queen before they need to bite anyone else.

I don't know how well the strategy plays now that players take reduced damage from lower level enemies. I assume player 2 will need to be naked in order to quickly die to the purple fire.