Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by larrakeyah View Post
    Widly irrelevant I'd say.
    You have that little faith in the US government?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    he got probation because he didn't show up for community service, he also failed a drug test. so let's try this again, WHAT DO YOU DO TO SOMEONE WHO REFUSES TO FIT IN WITH SOCIETY?
    I like to think that we don't let their extremities rot off when we could help them.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you do about it? Well, for starters, pretty much every other civilized country in the world doesn't torture people to death for shoplifting. And if you think that dying to blood poisoning while your foot rots off is anything other than torturous, I don't know what to say to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post

that's only if you refuse to cooperate or make bail ($100 to get out is about all they're gonna stick you with for something minor on the first or second offense)
    My brother spent over a week in jail for a bad check that was like $15. He handed the cop who was to arrest him cash for it, and the cop took him to jail where he spent a week or more at. He also told me that MOST of the people in jail were for stupid shit like that.

This all also happened in a neighboring county from the article. I haven't watched any local news so far today though, because Saturday and football. No news on TV right now. In any case, I'm pretty sure that it's the jail's duty to send serious conditioned prisoners to an actual hospital, is it not? When a 19-year-old kid has lost motor function, you take him to get help. I don't give a shit if he blew up another hospital and killed hundreds of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    According to three lawsuits filed in federal court, jailers in Madison County, Alabama watched several inmates die rather than provide basic medical care, including to a 19-year-old boy who was killed by gangrene and found naked on his cell floor. Each of the three lawsuits claims that Madison County jails withhold medical care in order to save money. Deundre Woods, the 19-year-old who died of gangrene, was arrested for shoplifting Star Wars DVDs at a Wal-Mart and for passing a phony $100 bill last year. He was then sent to jail where a wound in his foot became infected. The suit alleges that Woods suffered a “severe and sudden change in mental functioning," began hallucinating, and was no longer able to communicate. Guards placed him in a medical cell, where the complaint says he had no access to water after Aug. 12. There is also no record of him eating or receiving care from nurses after Aug. 14. When his rotting foot began to smell, guards dragged him from his cell, sprayed him down with water and put him in a new cell, according to the suit. The other two suits refer to the cases of Tanisha Jefferson, who was jailed for harassment and died of constipation after being denied medical care for 13 days, and 61-year-old Nikki Listau, booked for harassing communications, who died of a broken femur after she fell out of her bunk. - DB Summary

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...ones_kill.html

He died a slow painful death because he tried to steal a Star Wars movie... This is the kind of shit you'd expect to come from a third world country.

The jailers and the administrators responsible need to see hard time for this, but let's not kid ourselves.
    The US is turning into a "Third World country" in a great many ways... watch our handling of Ebola to date (and likely in the neat future) for another example.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account
    So...be basically executed people then?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by testsubjectzz View Post
    This is all alleged so I think we should withhold judgement on the system.
    lol you're new, this happened in the US, and it was law enforcement that's all they need to know.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So...be basically executed people then?
    Na. I think it's called "negligent homicide", which I assume carries a lighter sentence. But they should definitely face jail time, and a lot of it. Troubled or not, a 19-ear-old lost his life due to them, well, neglecting him.

It would be a bit different if a person in jail died of pneumonia or something, as the jailer could plausibly (still wrongfully) write it off as the flu or something.

We're talking about a rotting foot that smelled of decomposition. These people are psychopaths that should be charged with murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Who the fuck sends a person to jail for shoplifting some DVD's...do you want to create life time criminals? Because that's pretty much how you will get them...
    America's industrial incarceration system of course.

Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    It would be a bit different if a person in jail died of pneumonia or something, as the jailer could plausibly (still wrongfully) write it off as the flu or something.

We're talking about a rotting foot that smelled of decomposition. These people are psychopaths that should be charged with murder.
    I wouldn't have suspected gangrene. Who get's gangrene these days? I hope that they would've sent him to the hospital if they had known.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wouldn't have suspected gangrene. Who get's gangrene these days? I hope that they would've sent him to the hospital if they had known.
    Gangrene is a very visible condition. Even if they didn't know it was gangrene, rotting flesh should be identifiable to all but the most retarded of people. We're also talking about a county system where this isn't the first time someone's died of blatant medical negligence.

I can understand not using tax money to treat an ADULT felon..but this is a teenager not an adult, just let him live guys. and the teenager didnt even kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    regardless of the person's moral character, no one deserves to die from lack of medical care. The prison royally screwed up, and they deserve to get hammard hard for it.

I dont know where the character of the now dead victims matter.
    Quite a lot of people die from lack of medical care. It is fucked up when we spend Huge amount of resource in the prison population than we do for the law abiding people. I mean really, we are bankrupt and yet we are paying for gender reassignment surgery for a murderer? Do you not believe that money would have been better spent in education?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    America's industrial incarceration system of course.
    Why blame the prison system? Why are YOU ignoring the fact that he did not care about the community service that was given?

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Quite a lot of people die from lack of medical care. It is fucked up when we spend Huge amount of resource in the prison population than we do for the law abiding people. I mean really, we are bankrupt and yet we are paying for gender reassignment surgery for a murderer? Do you not believe that money would have been better spent in education?

- - - Updated - - -

Then you would support ending the war on drugs, and ending the privatization of the prison system, you know that the prison system is ran by corporations that fund politicians to throw state taxpayer money into their for profit company. People who just smoke a joint or do some drugs but arent with weapons, or in a gang, should not go to prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    My brother spent over a week in jail for a bad check that was like $15. He handed the cop who was to arrest him cash for it, and the cop took him to jail where he spent a week or more at. He also told me that MOST of the people in jail were for stupid shit like that.

This all also happened in a neighboring county from the article. I haven't watched any local news so far today though, because Saturday and football. No news on TV right now. In any case, I'm pretty sure that it's the jail's duty to send serious conditioned prisoners to an actual hospital, is it not? When a 19-year-old kid has lost motor function, you take him to get help. I don't give a shit if he blew up another hospital and killed hundreds of people.
    Your brother has to be repeat offender. Even in three strikes policy states, we don't send people to prison for the first time crime. Community service mostly unless offcourse they refuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Then you would support ending the war on drugs, and ending the privatization of the prison system, you know that the prison system is ran by corporations that fund politicians to throw state taxpayer money into their for profit company. People who just smoke a joint or do some drugs but arent with weapons, or in a gang, should not go to prison.
    Yes, I do 100 percent. I believe people should lie in the graves, they dig for themselves. Drug addicts should do the decent thing and kill themselves, when they get to the point where they can not pay for their addiction without harming others.

Quote Originally Posted by testsubjectzz View Post
    This is all alleged so I think we should withhold judgement on the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    lol you're new, this happened in the US, and it was law enforcement that's all they need to know.
    Either they denied medical treatment on purpose or they are incredibly fucking incompetent. Pick one; you can't have neither.

Both warrant judgement of the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Get the director of that jail, and execute him having the public watching him dying. Then nothing like that will happen

Well I happen to be watching orange is the new black which is ok I'd say its fun at some points, and I dunno it comes from a book that an inmate has written but I dont know how close to reality it is.
    If its indeed close to reality it seems that there is a loophole and jail-prison directors are abusing it knowing that they can make huge amount of money on the side and if they get caught its ok, they might get fired.
    Thing is we are talking about a murder here!

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Why blame the prison system? Why are YOU ignoring the fact that he did not care about the community service that was given?
    This is retarded. Just because you shirk community service doesn't mean you get to be left rotting and naked in a cold cell. Head to North Korea if that's your taste.

Also, you realize that the reason the government has to spend so much money on the prison system is because it's broken and we resort to incarceration for nonviolent crimes too quickly?

Here are some statistics as it seems you've been living under a rock.

http://www.prisonpolicy.org/global/

15+ Year Old Account
    I think prisoners in north korea/Middle east gets better health care than this, just saying.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s