Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Well, someone's mom definitely failed if that's your salient comment. You really need raising.
    Agreed, just another person trying to turn this around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Really? I trust your opinion given you were a jailer but to be honest there's no evidence saying that they did or didn't try to get him help. Let's not forget that he hadn't received food or water for quite some time. Seems like the jailers are just as guilty. Unless giving prisoners water is something that requires paperwork
    If you honestly believe the kid had no access to water I have a bridge to sell to you. He may have been dehydrated but he had access to water. Jailers don't male notes. They directly tell the person above them what they observe. You sit around and make notes at your job? Medical cells have a sink and a toilet they also have a camera on them. You can roll eyes all you like you are ignorant of how a jail operates. the med officer should be the one people are pissed at not the jailers. Our Med officer intentionally held peoples meds if they pissed her off all the time. We had a 18 year old kid in the jail who got MRSA because she fucked around with treating him. Jailers can't do shit but tell their supervisor, and when they don't care nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    If you honestly believe the kid had no access to water I have a bridge to sell to you. He may have been dehydrated but he had access to water. Jailers don't male notes. They directly tell the person above them what they observe. You sit around and make notes at your job? Medical cells have a sink and a toilet they also have a camera on them. You can roll eyes all you like you are ignorant of how a jail operates. the med officer should be the one people are pissed at not the jailers. Our Med officer intentionally held peoples meds if they pissed her off all the time. We had a 18 year old kid in the jail who got MRSA because she fucked around with treating him. Jailers can't do shit but tell their supervisor, and when they don't care nothing happens.
    I believe it given they didn't even give him clothes to wear. What's up with your defensiveness? When I hear about doctors being sued for malpractice I don't take it as a personal insult. God forbid some jailers might actually be criminal shitheads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three people died while in the jail of medical issues that they weren't taken to the hospital for. Something is going on there, and I don't think there's any way to believe otherwise. A woman was arrested for harassment (though I wonder how far it has to go to be arrested for that). She developed a bowel obstruction, was vomiting and spewing up blood, and wasn't taken for any kind of care. It's not like there isn't any kind of record of this stuff. If any of this at all happened there should be easy record to prove it.

Quite frankly, I hope everyone responsible gets stripped of everything they had and also lose their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Sorry, but I kinda refuse to believe there isnt any kind of emergency contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That's a pretty bold claim. I can't say I've seen "criminal" used to refer to people that aren't actually engaging in any sort of criminal behavior. Are people frequently using it as a euphemism?

That might be true, it's one reasonable hypothesis. How would one sort out whether prison creates career criminals out from the hypothesis that career criminals frequently wind up in jail? My guess would tend to be that people engage in common criminal behavior (theft, drug sales, etc.) because it's a rational choice for them (or at least that they believe it); it's not generally going to become an irrational choice upon release from jail a year later. I could certainly be wrong, but I'm not sure how you'd look at which hypothesis is a better fit for the data.
    The other side of this is that the person didn't see opportunities for themselves before so turned to crime. Upon getting out they find their chances of success even lower. Hell we even take away their rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The way people talk about prison i'm honestly surprised we haven't started making them fight to the death on reality shows for our amusement yet.
    That's for the guards amusement.

Deleted
    Would not have been an issue if he had Obamacare™

Sarcasm aside, this is barbaric that in a 1st world country this type of incident happens.
    The people who run the prison including the guards should face criminal neglect charges. Not only that but there should be some seriously punitive damages awarded against Advanced Correctional Healthcare who were supposed to be looking after prisoners health.

Don't care what an inmate has done, he could be the absolute worst offender in the history of mankind sitting on death row awaiting execution, they still deserve basic health care..

10+ Year Old Account
    He probably tried to steal Episode 1,i dont mind it but everyone else seems to hate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wouldn't have suspected gangrene. Who get's gangrene these days? I hope that they would've sent him to the hospital if they had known.
    I'm not sure I would've known it specifically, but I would've recognized that "hey, he has a cut in his foot that smells horribly and appears to be rotting" was cause for medical attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to treat gangrene according to Alabama prison officials

1. Throw water on it.
    2. Goto 1.

Should work for a condition that frequently leads to amputation . . .
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    How to treat gangrene according to Alabama prison officials

1. Throw water on it.
    2. Goto 1.

Should work for a condition that frequently leads to amputation . . .
    Hum... my gangrene was on my gallbladder. Hard to throw water on it unless many bad things have already happened.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-