Tracking Procs, Buffs, Debuffs

Hi, I've come back to playing SWTOR after a few years, and I recall there being a better way of tracking buffs and debuffs - there's qiute a few abilities that interact with procs and it's not so easy tracking those, at a glance in the sea of buffs that I don't care about for "active" play.

I may be mis-remembering, but I recall there being a way to have individual icons shown separately, although now I can't find it, if anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be great, thanks!

sorry dude, what you are looking for isn't in SWTOR currently, though with 3.0 Proc highlights and DoT tracking are being added.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Oh, well, at least I don't have to wait too long then!

Deleted
    Yeah it's just a shame they made us wait nearly 3 years for it, this has been one of my biggest bugbears about this game.
    A while back they improved the visuals on ability procs making them slightly more noticeable but as I regularly play multiple alts I struggle to notice and recognise which proc is which with any real level of consistency.

Would be really nice if they supported player created add ons. I'm sure someone would've made an add on to fix this years ago if they did.
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    Yeah it's just a shame they made us wait nearly 3 years for it, this has been one of my biggest bugbears about this game.
    They should've allowed addon support and players would've done the job for them a long time ago.

They've always been concerned that players would find ways to break their system. Giving players access to the game could do that. I get the feeling that their engine is fragile. They have enough bugs to fix. Having to fix exploits due to player created add-ons would have just made their problems worse.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    They've always been concerned that players would find ways to break their system. Giving players access to the game could do that. I get the feeling that their engine is fragile. They have enough bugs to fix. Having to fix exploits due to player created add-ons would have just made their problems worse.
    IT could be that for sure bu tI get the feeling it's more of a thing akin to Deadly boss mods and addons similar to that.

Addons that suddenly become mandatory and it hinders PUGS and pick up groups.

I enjoyed addons and especially ones like power auras but I quickly becomes OK with not having them. While it does need a bit more customization options and UI tweaks (like better proc visuals) I find no addons to be more friendly overall for a F2P game.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    IT could be that for sure bu tI get the feeling it's more of a thing akin to Deadly boss mods and addons similar to that.

Addons that suddenly become mandatory and it hinders PUGS and pick up groups.

I enjoyed addons and especially ones like power auras but I quickly becomes OK with not having them. While it does need a bit more customization options and UI tweaks (like better proc visuals) I find no addons to be more friendly overall for a F2P game.
    Honestly, I never missed add-ons outside of dps meters. When they added them I was thankful (it finally let us figure out who wasn't pulling their weight or if we weren't going to be able to take down an encounter due to lack of dps before enrage). Otherwise, I couldn't care less. They could have made it so that only certain add-ons were allowed in their game like Trion and Zenimax. The fact that they didn't makes me think there's more to it then making it easier to pug content.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Honestly, I never missed add-ons outside of dps meters. When they added them I was thankful (it finally let us figure out who wasn't pulling their weight or if we weren't going to be able to take down an encounter due to lack of dps before enrage).
    This'll make me sound super noob, they put in DPS meters? How do you access them? Came back to the game about 3 months ago and assumed they never did any add-on type things like this at all.
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

I'd like to know as well ^ I mean, things die all well and good, but I'd really like to know how I compare. My trooper feels pretty well, some of the others not as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Poshadin View Post
    This'll make me sound super noob, they put in DPS meters? How do you access them? Came back to the game about 3 months ago and assumed they never did any add-on type things like this at all.
    It's a little odd how you access them as you can only see your DPS and not others unless they are running hte same program and in the program group with you.

We use Torparse for damage meter checks when we make progressing runs. You have to turn on combat logging in SWTOR preferences.

Load torparse and have people join your group. It also has overlays if you want it into the game.

It's fairly simple to use and the numbers for threat, healing, DPS can all be monitored.

BUT only if others are willing to join the group and sign in. You can't hold it over others heads in a PUG if they dont have it. It's mainly a guild thing and I'm good with that.

There are other programs that do the same thing but I haven't used them so you would have to look them up.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my limited experience DPS meters areonly useful for guilds raiding and nothing else. It's a good thing that it doesn't exist in PUG content because it would only cause bad attitudes. Seeing your personal DPS is satisfactory in order to improve your rotation/see progression. It actually makes the experience more enjoyable and organic that your group tackles a foe together with less regard for how much dps each person is doing. It's always felt pretty even in most pugs I've ever done. I never feel like I'm single handedly carrying the whole group like when I see my DPS in an LFR and I do 20% of a 25 man raid's damage.

Buffs and debuffs need to be fixed though, which people in here have said is coming in 3.0. Ideally you need to be able to see a highlighted button/customized aura for procs as well as only seeing your debuffs on an enemy.
    BAD WOLF

One thing not mentioned that you need to do is make sure your combat data is being logged in preferences. And make sure you go in and clear those files out every now and then because they can start to add up and take up space on your hard drive. But, yeah, ever since they implemented combat logging, there has been some form of dps meter overlay and a couple different websites with parsing information (we used askmrrobot).

You can use Parsec to track dots and procs (will be in a timer window, but its better then trying to find your procs/debuffs on the portraits) Can also add some sound effects to them. Only downside is the overlay is always up unless you stop parsing, then they go away. So you might find that annoying for cut scenes.

http://parsec.codeplex.com/