Stop closing threads you don't agree with

I've honestly seen in the past 2 days over a dozen threads that mod's have came in and just crushed b/c they don't care for what is posted.

"This thread is pointless" /closed

Threads should not be closed due to opinion. What may be pointless to you might not be pointless to the OP. Who decides which opinion matters more. Just b/c your a mod, you don't have the right to force your opinion on others. What if two mod's don't agree. Which is right? See where this can easily go?

And if your going to close threads, make it universal across the board.

Example: Pointless topic thread, lulz were had, mod crushes b/c he doesn't like it or he thinks it's pointless
    Example: Pointless topic thread, lulz were had, mod comments and lulz, thread stays where it is.

Closing threads b/c you feel like a boss and have a little power is taking things a bit too far...just sayin

This thread is pointless and should be closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like wut?......

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread closing is always in sync with the forum rules......

Like this thread will be closed too, since it too breaks the forum rules.
    Read them, then you might be more informed and understand what gets closed what not.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    The forum rules, read them you should. You should also actually read the closing post the mod makes, I can't think of a single thread I've seen closed that didn't also have the reason for closure provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is pointless and should be closed.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

This is a private site, they can do whatever they want, including closing threads. Just like you can choose to deal with it, or don't and leave.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Examples would be nice...

I've always seen threads locked for breaching terms.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as a thread has a topic to discuss, behaviour in them is acceptable, and the thread falls under the site guidelines/what is appropriate, we try to leave threads open as much as possible. We do close threads that violate the site rules, are about inappropriate topics, or when the posts within are so far off track that the thread is no longer capable of generating productive discussion. Threads are never closed simply because we disagree with the OP.

If you feel any thread has been closed unfavourably, or simply you don't understand why it was closed (although the closing message should always explain), you can send a PM to the moderator that closed it, or you can ask any global [blue] moderator to discuss the matter.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-10-19 at 12:50 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |