Screen colored while dead macro?

With the latest patch, the previous macro (/console set ffxdeath "0") stopped working and it's back to the dull grey/blue scaled settings. Anyone know the new macro for it?

/console ffxglow 0

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Hmm thought I tried that one as well. Going to give it a shot.

Edit: Thank you! I guess I didn't try it out, or had a typo in it.

there is a setting to turn it off in the interface options (not in the graphics settings like it used to be)

ffxglow is bloom

ffxdeath is glowing death thing

this setting also removes the blurred vision from being drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by sarecho View Post
    there is a setting to turn it off in the interface options (not in the graphics settings like it used to be)

ffxglow is bloom

ffxdeath is glowing death thing
    Where would this option be in the interface? I looked through all the tabs and can't seem to find it.

Death effect

Quote Originally Posted by Devechka View Post
    Where would this option be in the interface? I looked through all the tabs and can't seem to find it.
    There is no such option.
    You could however use the /console set ffxGlow "0"

But the problem with 'ffxGlow 0' is that while it does remove the death effect, it also removes the glowy shine to the game while not dead. Here is an Addon i created that sends the 'ffxGlow 0' command when you die and returns it to 1 when you are resurrected.
    w w w.curse.com/addons/wow/deathfxbegone

This is my first post, i'm not allowed to post links yet so just copy and paste the link without the spacing in between the W's
    Last edited by jrn; 2014-12-17 at 01:57 AM.

Deleted
    what does this actually do?

What it does

Quote Originally Posted by mnbmnb View Post
    what does this actually do?
    In case my post wasn't clear enough, here is the actual addon it self

f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ALIVE") -- Detects when the player's spirit is released after death or when the player accepts a resurrection without releasing.
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_UNGHOST") -- Detects when a player resurrects after being in spirit form.
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD") -- Detects when the player enters the world, reloads the UI, enters/leaves an instance or battleground, or respawns at a graveyard. Also detects any other time the player sees a loading screen.

f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self,event, ...) -- In case any of the above are true, it goes through the commands below.

if UnitIsGhost("player") then -- If the player is a ghost, it runs the command below.
    ConsoleExec("ffxglow 0") -- Sets ffxGlow to 0 (This removes the 'Fullscreen Glow Effect', 'Drunken Haze' and 'Death Effect')
    end -- This ends the if statemend and moves on to the next statement.

if not UnitIsGhost("player") then -- If the player is alive, it runs the command below.
    ConsoleExec("ffxglow 1") -- Sets ffxGlow to (This removes the 'Fullscreen Glow Effect', 'Drunken Haze' and 'Death Effect')
    end -- This ends the if statemend.

Basically, Are you dead? YES = ffxGlow '0' NO = ffxGlow 1
    Clear enough?
    Last edited by jrn; 2014-12-18 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrn View Post
    Basically, Are you dead? YES = ffxGlow '0' NO = ffxGlow 1
    Clear enough?
    It is possible they were asking more specifically what effects that is actually responsible for, but you do sort of answer that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

there is a setting to turn it off in the interface options
    Last edited by jasinzhai; 2014-12-18 at 08:45 AM.

Nothing in Interface menu

Quote Originally Posted by jasinzhai View Post
    there is a setting to turn it off in the interface options
    No. There is not They removed it. Check for your self.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is possible they were asking more specifically what effects that is actually responsible for, but you do sort of answer that as well.
    Yes, i believe i have explained it all. Now if people would only read the whole thread, before answering so confidentially :P
    Last edited by jrn; 2014-12-18 at 10:56 AM.