Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to clear your battle pet slots?

I'll get right to the point, These days there are way too many creepy people who enjoy armory stalking and the bad part is your battle pets show across all characters...therefore you can easily find my main by looking if I have the same battle pets as my alts.

I have been digging around and I found an (apparently out of date) Macro that goes

/run for i = 1, 3 do C_PetJournal.SetPetLoadOutInfo(i, 0) end

But apparently it doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know how to clear your battle pet slots? It's honestly pretty fucking stupid that when you pick 3 you HAVE to have 3 at all times, And you can't leave it empty.

Had I known that I never would have done battle pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't mind using an addon to do it, I just tried with PetBattle Teams

The addon puts a bar on the right side of your pet journal with a list of pet teams you have made. Choose any three pets as a team, then go to the PetTeams bar, right-click a pet and select "Remove Pet". Do this for all three, then right-click the team and check "Lock Team". This will create a team of three blank spots. Then just choose the team, and it will clear your active battle slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    If you don't mind using an addon to do it, I just tried with PetBattle Teams

The addon puts a bar on the right side of your pet journal with a list of pet teams you have made. Choose any three pets as a team, then go to the PetTeams bar, right-click a pet and select "Remove Pet". Do this for all three, then right-click the team and check "Lock Team". This will create a team of three blank spots. Then just choose the team, and it will clear your active battle slots.
    Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much

But let's be honest I shouldn't have to consult an addon, For something that should be in the game in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much

But let's be honest I shouldn't have to consult an addon, For something that should be in the game in the first place!
    I would assume the possibility of stalking was not something blizzard thought about when they implemented pet battling, though you are free to bring it up on the official forums.
    Perhaps some attention on the stalking subject might not be a bad thing.

No offense but most people find alts by tracking achievements not pets ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll get right to the point, These days there are way too many creepy people who enjoy armory stalking and the bad part is your battle pets show across all characters...therefore you can easily find my main by looking if I have the same battle pets as my alts.

I have been digging around and I found an (apparently out of date) Macro that goes

But apparently it doesn't work anymore. Does anyone know how to clear your battle pet slots? It's honestly pretty fucking stupid that when you pick 3 you HAVE to have 3 at all times, And you can't leave it empty.

They changed IDs to GUIDs in Patch 5.1 for Battle Pets, so you need something like this instead:
    Code:
    /run for i = 1, 3 do C_PetJournal.SetPetLoadOutInfo(i, "0x0000000000000000") end
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-09-17 at 06:53 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    wowprogress is also a common way of stalking

10+ Year Old Account
    Is stalking a problem for many people?

I mean, unless you've been a twat and trying to hide it, or have some super hyper retard following and bugging you everywhere you go, it all seems a bit ... over the top to hide it.

I always wondered if you could clear them, never actually cared if it was possible or not though, because I'm liable to forget and go into pet battles with hardly any pets active

10+ Year Old Account
    even if youre not a twat or w/e I dont like people snooping around my characters and im sure other people are the same way
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

OR just search character xxxx on wowprogress, and you can see all max level characters.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

If they're going to so much effort to look up your pet why would pet slots matter? Wouldn't they just look at how many pets you had, which ones, and pet names

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    OR just search character xxxx on wowprogress, and you can see all max level characters.
    Unless they msrk off the option to hide achieve in interface options, I have it on and the site doesn't list my alts

10+ Year Old Account

Just how many characters are you making to try and "hide" from these stalkers. I'd imagine if they were going to make that much effort to look up your alts, then they'd already know your alts names. I highly doubt you'd be able to find ppl just from the pet battle slots, that to me is ludicrous.

But if it isn't ludicrous, I want to see if you can find five of my alts just by that method, and if you do, then maybe I won't be so sceptical.

None of my alts have names that are very very similar, either, so good luck finding my alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    If somebody is dedicated enough, they will find you. It would take writing server software, maintaining a server, and getting an API key from Blizzard so that you could pull in millions of characters, but it would be doable.

It could be done based on Battle Pets alone, even. The Battle Pet output from the game to the API includes the Battle Pet GUID, which is a semi-unique tag for every pet. There is essentially zero chance for any number of pets greater than 10 or so to ever have the same GUIDs unless it is the same player, so if a player has 50 pets, you can find all of their alts anywhere.

Doing this makes it harder for casual stalkers though, definitely. Just don't think anything can stop dedicated ones from knowing your alts.

Example: output from Simca's Battle Pets http://us.battle.net/api/wow/charact...ca?fields=pets - note the semi-unique GUIDs for every pet. It's nearly impossible that they would ever match up if it wasn't my alt.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    this. hiding your pets will make little to no difference. but if you still want to, PetBattleTeams is a good addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    But if it isn't ludicrous, I want to see if you can find five of my alts just by that method, and if you do, then maybe I won't be so sceptical.

None of my alts have names that are very very similar, either, so good luck finding my alts.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...raiders/Ligier

Dunno how they match people. I would assume achies, not pet slots, but may be both.

Deleted
    I noticed that dead battle pets showed up as empty slots on the armory, but that might have been a bug, it was a little while ago. No harm in killing the little buggers to find out though

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post

I mean, unless you've been a twat and trying to hide it, or have some super hyper retard following and bugging you everywhere you go,
    Or are female.

Deleted
    Wait stalking in WoW is a thing ?

Dafaq ? o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I get rather offended by people talking to me as if they know me when I have an expectation of being left alone.

Anyone have an updated macro? I've tried downloading PetBattle Teams, but the addon isn't working for me.

Deleted
    cant check right now, but could you not just catch some trash pets, put them in your team, and then release them?