Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Still shots of boss rooms from top down

Hello! So I saw an image a while ago, and I was wondering if anyone knows if similar images are available for the upcoming boss rooms in Warlords of Draenor. They'd be really nifty for drawing up positioning, etc. I just can't seem to find them, and certainly not with this quality.

that one isn't even the bosses room lol... its the shitty version you can see in Icecrown just flying to the top in the outside world.

Anyway I don't know if anything like that has actually existed for years.

Well, I think every room in-game is present on your hard drive, it just takes specialized software to view them and create screenshots.

Google is showing a website called bossblueprint. I've used another called wowchakra. I'm sure there are others. I don't know where warcraftlogs gets its playback images from.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvesti View Post
    Well, I think every room in-game is present on your hard drive, it just takes specialized software to view them and create screenshots.

Google is showing a website called bossblueprint. I've used another called wowchakra. I'm sure there are others. I don't know where warcraftlogs gets its playback images from.
    The ones on Warcraftlogs are just minimap images of the rooms.

I looked into bossblueprint. Looks like they use machinima tools to take the screenshots, which will work fine, but unfortunately I can't get into the raid zones until launch. Thanks guys! If anyone else finds some that have already been taken, I'd greatly appreciate a link.

EDIT: Scratch that, I sneaked on into the raids on Beta and got everything I needed. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Ezekiah; 2014-10-19 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    I looked into bossblueprint. Looks like they use machinima tools to take the screenshots, which will work fine, but unfortunately I can't get into the raid zones until launch. Thanks guys! If anyone else finds some that have already been taken, I'd greatly appreciate a link.

EDIT: Scratch that, I sneaked on into the raids on Beta and got everything I needed. Thanks again.
    I've actually been looking into the same thing, but I don't have access to Beta. Any chance you could share the screenshots? Maybe through a PM?
    Cheers
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Yeh I'll share what I have. Unfortunately top-down isn't possible for some of the rooms because the ceiling is low, but I got the best viewing angle I could for all of them. I'll PM them to you later tonight. If anyone else wants them, let me know.

I would actually use the bossblueprint stuff for Warcraft Logs, but last I looked they had some Web site's logo in the bottom right intruding onto the map image. That kept me from using them.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

Indeed boss blueprint website was great for making pics of garroshes room and other boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    that one isn't even the bosses room lol... its the shitty version you can see in Icecrown just flying to the top in the outside world.

That IS the boss room. The overworld doesn't have a seat and is smaller.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Did you get a chance to send them yet?
    Soon™ ;-)

Sorry friend, got delayed yesterday. Sent now!

Deleted
    If you could also send me a pm with what you managed to acquire I would be indebted to you .Thank you also for the work you did in getting them

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    Sorry friend, got delayed yesterday. Sent now!
    Thank you for gahtering the images and sharing them. It is extremely useful for drawing up encounter tactics and positioning.

Did you use any specific tool to take the shots?
    Soon™ ;-)

These would be mighty useful, can I get a PM?
    Last edited by Daemiona; 2014-10-21 at 01:18 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    While not as aesthetically pleasing, you can use WCL for this.

Just find some Highmaul/BRF logs that have advanced combat logging and use the map data from the replay as a base.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    While not as aesthetically pleasing, you can use WCL for this.

Just find some Highmaul/BRF logs that have advanced combat logging and use the map data from the replay as a base.
    Yes, that's the Dungeon Journal background, which I've used so far. I was hoping to get my hands on actual in-game footage because it has much higher detail and is the actual are you'll be walking. The journal is only a representation.
    Soon™ ;-)

Deleted
    I would also like to get my sticky little hands on those screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft View Post
    Thank you for gahtering the images and sharing them. It is extremely useful for drawing up encounter tactics and positioning.

Did you use any specific tool to take the shots?
    Np. Those of you who asked should all have PMs. I used a tool to allow you to basically create an empty world server hosted by yourself and log into it. It's what most people do when they make raid/dungeon previews. I won't link any details on how, as that's definitely against the ToS, but like machinima tools or modding your character's model only on your end, it's not something that they seem to actively seek out and shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post

I lolled'

Pretty dang sure the one in icecrown dont have a throne... I would have remembered it... PRETTTY dang sure it had spires aswell...